Reviews for The Dilgar War
Ancient Sage chapter 17 . 11/19/2005
This is so unbelieveably intreaging, I find myself held by the action and story line. The defining of the characters existence before Babylon 5 I find most enjoyable. The next chapter is awaited most eagerly. I do find it interesting that Garibaldi has an encounter with a Vorlon, will you be developing this further.
grayangle chapter 17 . 11/17/2005
Humanity will soon be forced in to the war by their own people that only want personal glory. We have not changed in thousands of years, what makes me think that a few more centries would be different? Wishful thinking. More please this is getting so exciting.
Lord of Misrule chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
LOL, yeah spelling and grammar on Shadow is pretty poor! That story was written very speedily, there's over 300,0 words of it too! :)

Yeah, the Dilgar war has lots more to it and it is my hope to treat it all in detail, this is a very long term project and I have a number of side stories to keep the action going during pauses in the war.

hopefully I can keep it just as interesting!
JL12 chapter 17 . 11/16/2005
All hell breaking loose! Is it true there are three more years to come? Not in that much detail, though, I suppose...?

I've also began reading Looming Shadow over on The story's grand and thrilling. The spelling is horrific. ;-)
Destined Knight chapter 16 . 11/14/2005
In the finest traditions of the service, they gave their lives...

A great chapter milord...
grayangle chapter 16 . 11/14/2005
Man. More please.
Lord of Misrule chapter 15 . 11/14/2005
The military gear the Earth troops use is partly base on B5 canon and partly guess work based on what we have now and in the near future. I'm lucky to be in contact with real life soldiers who advise me on the more technical military aspects so while much of the gear is invented it is based on current day ideas.

Also some other chapters are on a site called 'Spacebattles' where I get early reviews of my first drafts before placing them here, I'm about 5 chapters ahead over there :) so its spoiler country!

thanks for reading
JL12 chapter 16 . 11/14/2005
No comment.
grayangle chapter 15 . 11/11/2005
What can I say other then "more please"? Keep up the good work.
JL12 chapter 15 . 11/11/2005
Another very nice interlude. You obviously know where this story is going and I'm absolutely happy to follow. :-)

I'm not familiar with those "War Materials" mentioned. Are they in print or online? Where can I find them?

You also mentioned posting the chapters somewhere else first but not where...

One remark: It's "hangar", not "hanger".
Lord of Misrule chapter 3 . 11/8/2005
Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoy the story :)

The story itself is as accurate as I can make it, I have the B5 wars material on the DIlgar which is considered canon and the RPG material which is semi canon. So the battles, the dates, the flow of events are as detail in official material and you will probably recognize characters as we go on, I have just taken the raw facts and built some depth to them.

While the events are set in stone, the characters are the real focus of the story and I am free to do most anything with them provided it all ties up at the end. We will see known characters in invented situations but hopefully it should slot in between the real canon facts, Garibaldi is a good example and he has a big story arc coming up...

I do take all comments and suggestions seriously, so feel free to post anything you like here, they often prove very helpful.

Thaks again for the support one and all!
Glaivester chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
I am enjoying this story very much. I've always wanted to see what the Dilgar War was like.

I have even recommended this story on the Gene expression Science Fiction blog (sciencefiction dot gnxp dot com).

I am curious: how much of what you write is canonoical, how much is from "unofficial B5 history" and how much have you created yourself? Whatever the answer is, you do have a talent for making this story come alive.
grayangle chapter 14 . 11/7/2005
even though I know the end already you make getting there completely wonderful. Thank you for gracing us with this great work you have here.
JL12 chapter 14 . 11/7/2005
Yehaa!

Go Cashik! Go Shala'dan!

Poor Space Race, though. ;-)

And, btw, go Lord of Misrule!
grayangle chapter 13 . 11/3/2005