Reviews for Birds of Pray
No Demand for Truth chapter 13 . 6/22/2015
This wasn't at all what I expected from the opening chapter, but has been a wonderful story, very well told. Thank you for writing!
No Demand for Truth chapter 7 . 6/22/2015
I can buy falling in love with an angel, especially one as eccentric and interesting as Gabriel - or even Lucifer for that matter. What I can't buy is Katherine knowing that Gabriel knows the truth about Greg's client and putting it out of her mind the way she has. She's a third-grade teacher and her life is about protecting kids and she doesn't demand proof from Gabriel, force Greg to see it or even tell Gabriel to send the bastard down to Hell?
No Demand for Truth chapter 5 . 6/22/2015
I'm glad you are exploring the natures of the angels and their creator. It's too easy to get lost in the writings of mankind in stories like this.
No Demand for Truth chapter 2 . 6/22/2015
Lol. That was great. One of the things I liked most about the movie was the perching.
No Demand for Truth chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
Well written and really in character, I'm intrigued and yeah, relieved!
Tania R chapter 2 . 2/2/2015
I definitely think Gabriel should smile more too. Christopher Walken has the most charming smile!
Guest chapter 13 . 5/6/2014
oh my... YOUR WORK IS NOT FORGOTTEN!... love Gabriel (Christopher walken)
Diswrit chapter 13 . 5/8/2013
I started this earlier today, and I just couldn't stop reading! It's just so good, I don't know what to say. It's a true gem, and I enjoyed it very much :) Usually I don't see characters kept in character so well. Outstanding!
A Quantity of Eggs chapter 13 . 3/4/2013
This is very possibly one of the best fanfictions I have ever read.
When I first saw this movie, it struck a chord in me that in retrospect probably should have been negative or frightening or... I don't know. But it wasn't. I was happy. I felt weirdly safe, even in the face of murderous, bloody, uncaring angels. I felt more warm and protected thinking about the Prophecy's Gabriel watching over me, corrupted and confused and all, than any other version of him, because that sort of cold, alien distantness seemed so much more real. (Not really sure what that says about me...) But basically, I loved the movie, I loved the rest of the series, and I couldn't get enough of it.
And this.
THIS.
This is amazing.
This is the perfect mix of... of stuff. It's completely atypical - it's not a romance, it has an alien element to it that is PERFECT for the characters... who are brilliantly characterized, by the way.
I've fallen in respect/awe/admiration (not love - but something else) with your characterization of Gabriel. I adore The Kindness of Strangers as well, by the way. I know it's been literally eight years since you wrote this, but... well. Thank you, from the absolute bottom of my heart, for doing so.
SlytherinPride2292 chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
You are awesome with the writing. I've just watched the movie and have been wondering where to look for the bible references and archangel Gabriel. I appreciate your cites of references and hope to read more of your work :) 3 Christopher Walken
m chapter 13 . 2/3/2013
I'm confused about both the dream of the nephilim and the breakdown warning when it ended like this.
venG chapter 13 . 8/30/2012
My favorite story ever. I've been rereading it I don't know how many times over the years and it always makes me feel better when I'm down.

Thank you!
Lady Avotil chapter 13 . 5/1/2012
Hi!_

You are an absolutely awesome writer! Well, when it comes to Prophecy and, specifically, Gabriel stories. I really enjoyed reading this story._

It was nice of Gabriel and Simon and God to let Katherine know that everything was over and that not all angels are as bad as she thought. And it was sweet of Gabriel not to let Katherine suffer._

I really hope that you are going to write more stories about Gabriel! He is such a fascinating character. I am really looking forward to those stories!_

P.S.: There is a "The Prophecy" category in the "Movies" section._
missy betty chapter 5 . 1/10/2011
I know it has been a long time sicne you wrote this story. Recently, I watched the Prophecy again, and began searching for fanction throughout the Net. Couldn't find much of it, and when I stumbled upon your story, I immediately began to read... and imagine. I adore the character of Gabriel created by Walken, and I love your story - it is so true and reminds me of the movie so much. Some of your lines are so funny that I just burst out laughing! Like this one:

"If Gabriel and I were the last two people left on Earth, the human race would die out." Which is literally true, she reflected" - this is just brilliant! Your fiction is great, I am just at a loss for words, so I'd better go back to reading. Wish there are more stories like this on the Net.

Or maybe you wrote more about Prophecy? Maybe you know the www sites where more fanfiction about this film can be found?

Thank you for your talent!

missbetty from Poland
snacgirl chapter 13 . 8/20/2009
Hey..I THOUGHT the description of that outfit sounded familiar! That'll teach me to read stories out of order.

Absolutely terrific job. As I said before, I'll read ANYTHING else you write about The Prophecy! I have yet to see the third film, but these glimpses into Gabriel's life have done a great deal to tide me over until I get the chance. I'll most likely re-read them from time to time.

Thanks for sharing your talent, time and effort. I really appreciate it!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »