Reviews for Love and Disappointments
Carmel chapter 34 . 7/18
I'm here 14 years after this was written, and I wanted you to know that this has been some of the best P&P fanfictions (or even some of the best fictional writing) I've read in a while. You seemed to have captured the characters so well and mimic Austen's writing in a way that it is still very unique. I will say that on the topic of Darcy and Caroline kissing.. my only gripe is not the kiss was anachronistic, but that Darcy was so cool and unaffected by everyone besides Elizabeth so it doesn't feel realistic that he would express this sort of affection with anyone else, even if it were for a brief second. I was recently rereading the book, and Caroline just seems so fully self absorbed and the idea that someone as common as Elizabeth could be a threat to her was so dumfounding that she lashed out hoping to pull attention back her way. Darcy was never really living outside of his own mind until Elizabeth smacked him in the face with her rejection, so the actions of others that he was not at all interested in would not have phased him, in my opinion. Either way, I still love your take and I am reading this entire series from start to finish when I should be working. Hope you are still writing as you have quite the gift!
Hiniwalay chapter 22 . 5/22
POOR DARCY. At the mercy of his pregnant wife!
Hiniwalay chapter 17 . 5/21
Well, we have one comfort. Wickham isn’t as bad as he could be, if Lydia still thinks him good.
These people are a cute couple, but they are not Elisabeth and Fritzwilliam Darcy in Regency England. A rich landowner doesn't want children, he needs them. It's almost obligatory to produce an heir and a spare for the estate.
It is also unavoidable if they share (and use) the marriage bed. Only the developement of the pill in the 1960's made in a matter of choice. Of course there were methods to prevent pregnancy, but they were highly uncomfortable as well aß highly ineffective. Abortion die exist, but was extremly dangerous as the women had to poison themselves "to kill the fruit". It didn't always work, because they underdosed, resulting in an unwanted, often disabled child and a disgraced mother. Or overdosed, resulting in a corpse.
Of course they would have discussed how they would want to raise their children. Whether they planned to be involved parents or follow the customs of the Ton.
And your 'Elisabeth' feels Like I'm reading bad Twilight fanfiction. She has no spine, ist constantly frowning and moody, doesn't speak up for herself, ist always crying... "My courage rises at every attempt to intimidate me!" Where is THAT Elisabeth? Not within your story.
As I said, cute modern day couple with slightly angsty modern day problems, but Not Elisabeth and Darcy.
wantonlytoread chapter 47 . 11/24/2021
Brilliant story, thank you for sharing.
Edward'sDJ chapter 4 . 11/16/2021
Interesting start
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 11/4/2021
Lovely start
Guest chapter 7 . 8/3/2021
I am quite confused as to the use of ‘’tis’, I don’t believe it is used in a single Jane Austen novel and its place everywhere is somewhat disconcerting. Otherwise enjoyable, well done.
Guest chapter 47 . 7/22/2021
I just finished reading this novella. The writing definitely can use some polishing. The premise of the novella is interesting and I love that E&D do have many arguments and disagreements, however their reconciliations are always quick and mostly without real resolutions.
My biggest complaint is that Elizabeth is ALWAYS so tired! As in ALWAYS! She is not the healthy country girl that walked about all the time. In this book she constantly faints and falls asleep wherever she is. I know pregnancy wears women out but it was really excessive.
Pamela chapter 47 . 5/1/2021
Thank you for your wonderful story. I wish you great happiness and success.
Wyndwhyspyr chapter 47 . 1/23/2021
Beautiful story. Well done
Wyndwhyspyr chapter 10 . 1/23/2021
How sweet
psicologia.joise chapter 47 . 11/23/2020
Adorável
Obsessive66 chapter 46 . 10/16/2020
I read this story here some time ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. I've just re-read it on Amazon Kindle Unlimited under the title Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Audrey Ann Melone . The story seemed familiar but it took me a while to track it back to this story. Is this really you, or did someone nick the story and put it on Amazon Kindle?
Guest chapter 47 . 6/14/2020