Reviews for Rift
happyhooligan2001 chapter 6 . 11/13/2010
Nicely framed. The story started with Mirage mourning Syndrome's death and ended with Syndrome mourning Mirage's death. Very tragic in it's own way.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
Syndrome is acting completely unlike himself. I can't believe he's gotten a personality transplant so suddenly. He is a pretty ruthless and evil man. Anyone who crosses him isn't going to get off so easy.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 4 . 11/13/2010
I don't believe Mr. Incredible is going to murder a helpless woman. It seems out of character for him although he did threaten her a couple of times in the movie. A true hero values life.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 3 . 11/13/2010
Mirage has set up an entirely new timeline. Syndrome even showed a little caution with the tanker trying to spare the people he's needlessly endangering.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 2 . 11/13/2010
It's tragic that Mirage is in love with a man who, in my opinion, is incapable of love. He will never be a hero because he doesn't care about the people he's endangering. He's a selfish man doesn't care about anything but himself and only craves fame.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
At least Syndrome has one person to mourn his passing. So far it seems well written and I'm very curious to find out what your take on Mirage's powers are. Mirage is wandering in the twilight between hero and villian. The choices she will make next could take her down a path that she's not ready for.
Shahrezad1 chapter 6 . 4/14/2009
Wow. That was wonderfully stirring. You really thought this out before you wrote it, especially in tying together the password for the Omnidroid project as well as the fact that Mirage's powers are never explained.

I really love the action and consequence view of this fic, and I'm glad that you allowed Syndrome some sort of redemption without having to overhaul his character. And all because of a single woman.

Excellent job. I loved it.
musicalflags chapter 6 . 5/30/2007
aww. It's so sad and happy and ansty. I love it.
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Really well written, loads of atmosphere and the characters are great.
Xielas chapter 6 . 3/17/2006
That made me cry! *sobs in corner* Talk amongst yourselves...
Eyes of Forest chapter 6 . 2/17/2006
Beautiful and deep. Profound and touching, it leaves me wondering if you are in fact an undercover Disney writer, secretly working on sequels and prequels for the Incredibles.
jla2snoopy chapter 6 . 12/30/2005
that sucks! such a good, well, written story about a really neat character, and she dies! :(

i'm not mad by the way...just really sad! all the work, and she died! *sniff, sniff* anyways, great, awesome story! i love syndrome/mirage stories, and this one was great! hope to see more from you!
Daystar Searcher chapter 6 . 12/22/2005
AWESOMENESS! Quite possibly one of your best stories yet, and definitely the best ending that I can recall. Ah, angst is so fun.
Daystar Searcher chapter 5 . 12/22/2005
Whee! Cute fluffiness! (No! No! I am the Queen of Darkness! Must...fight...warm...fuzzies...arggh...) My only problem is Syndrome's sudden reversal. As I see it (and having watched the Incredibles only once, seven months ago, I could be wrong) the need for acceptance and recognition of his considerable skills is basically his life's motivating force. And if his driving force is overridden by his love for Mirage, then given his temperament I would assume that anyone hurting her would shortly find him/herself dead. With time and contemplation I believe that Syndrome would eventually realize that if he truly loves Mirage he must abandon his zeal for the limelight and nurse his mercy. But it seems a little soon here. Other than that, the warm fuzzies march on. Nice job keeping the present tense. That can't be easy.
Artist Of Akatsuki chapter 6 . 12/22/2005
omg...omg...O-M-F-G! THE LAST CHAPTER MADE ME *CRY*! T_T That was the sadest thing i've EVER read! It's so freakin' awesome though! I swear this is totally the best and most saddest story ever. You have a lot of talent to write something as great as this. I seriously love it SO MUCH! O_O Poor Mirage though! T_T I'm dead serious. IT MADE ME *CRY*! You have to cintune SOON! PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU MY FRIEND!