Reviews for Conversations with Hiko
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/29
I liked this story a lot. The different POVs and the masterful way you captured Hiko, Kenshin, and your OC's personalities made it a very interesting read. Good use of research data on Japanese pottery as well.
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
Oh lovely. I like the whole circle of characters meeting and not quite knowing each other but hoping. Thanks for sharing.
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
That was a wonderful little story! Really liked the Japanese proverbs in the beginning, it suited each section well. Thought your characterisation of Hiko was spot on, and very insightful, these lines really stuck out-

'But he will let no man or woman ever know him truly, he wants to be an enigma.'

'Hiko sees behind it, though, I know, he has always been able to remove masks….'

And it's so nice how he sold his pottery at that shop because of Akemi..who was a very well written and fleshed out character! We felt happy for her when her pottery piece was finally sold. Loved Kenshin's involvement in it too.

" I think I just found a present for my baka deshi to give me."

Ha ha! Thanks for a great read!
ruruken15 chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
It would be so cool if you made this a series of one-shots feturing Hiko! it would be so kool! teehee!1 Loved it!
Feafea chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
i liked it...

yeah i know its a bit late, but i hope you will have a sequal to this.. yupps...

tez
older woman chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
I enjoyed this quite a bit: almost all the Kenshin/Hiko you see is in the early days...nice to have a little added to their later encounter. The third person that knows both of them, but doesn't realize they're connected is a nice touch.

Just one MINOR complaint: When Kenshin is speaking, most of the time he says 'I', but 'shessha' is used once or twice as the objective pronoun. If he uses 'sessha' once, he probably ought to use it all the way through, since it's both subjective and objective form. (Sorry, every once in a while, the former teacher roars into life...)
Evil Scientist chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Hey, that was cute. I just look for stories about Hiko on this place because he's the coolest...so all the stories I find are rather old. He's dreadfully underrepresented. So here's to you, for writing about Hiko.
Areka Tyliss chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
that was a cool story. i liked it a lot.

~Rurouni Kai

P.S. I like your screen name
PattyBones chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
I have now read both versions of this. I originally downloaded this to my Palm to read offline and then again when I noticed it was revised. I really like the revision. It was a good story. I like your OC. Very believable. I would like to see more of these if you want to write them.
Kenta Divina chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Aww! That's cute - and thoughtful all in one. Perhaps you'll help me get my ideas going... My thesis is killing me.

Can you beleive that I'm using RK as some of my college thesis material?
Shirou Shinjin chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Very nice; I quite liked it. I would have loved to see the interaction between Akemi and Kenshin... another person to help him heal.

That, and it gives rise to Akemi finding out just WHO asked for her piece... (sniggers evilly).

The interactions between the characters was very good, and I liked the little Japanese proverbs. Each was perfect for the section :)
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
I loved this! I loved the structure and round robin nature of the piece. It seems an apt way to capture the spiraling connections and the flow of time. I like the way the shop owner has sympathy and understanding for Kenshin while refelcting on the new era she and the girls enjoy, never realizing their own contribution to Kenshin's ability to recover from the past. You did a great job with Hiko, especially as he talks with Kenshin and the proverbs were dead on.
thegreatwhiteemu chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
this is so beautiful. I was listening to some amazing zen music called distructive creator, it sounds so like Himora. sigh. so pretty.
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
oh yes, much better :) Thanks for the email letting me know that you'd changed it!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
I really liked this one-shot! I love explorations into Hiko's character, and this was very nicely done :) His odd relationship with the shop-girl was so in keeping with his personality; you did a really good job with that. I also like how you had her know Kenshin from when he was still Battousai... although one thing I found rather odd, was that she was just thinking about him as Himura-kun and then had no reaction at all when she overheard Misao mention Himura's name. But all in all, it was a great little story :)