Reviews for Rectifier
Maki-P chapter 26 . 7/27
OH MY GOD, THIS STORY IS *PERFECT* FOR ME. I mean it, I LOVE parallel universe stories, and I love AUs and I occasionally crossover AUs with canon in my head (or other AUs)! This fic is like it's made for me, and it's amazing! The characters, the plot, the interactions, everything! I love this thing so freaking much! It's that one story I've always wanted but I never thought I get! It's awesome.
My one concern is whether it's officially dead or not. If it is, it would be incredibly sad, but I get it, it's just the way of fanfiction; but I do wish it's not, I would love to know how it ends.
Thank you for making this, it's one of my favorite stories ever
blaziebla chapter 26 . 7/19
... The remorse isn't going to happen, I don't think, no matter how much Tom wants it. The most that he should be able to do is understand why the actions do not benefit him, and decide never to do them again.

Then again, Tom's not much of a psychopath. Psychopaths and fear don't mix well, but fear and Tom certainly do. Sociopath is probably a bit more appropriate. So, maybe he CAN learn remorse. Weak remorse, but some is better than none under these circumstances.

I hope you finish this story! Maybe not now, but eventually!
Terrible to get this far into an amazing work and realise it's both not finished and likely dead, ah well, thanks for the ride!
The Fairweather League chapter 26 . 7/6
This is, without a doubt, an absolutely fantastic story. A favourite of mine, actually, in the Voldemort department.

Where Tom Riddle stories are concerned, I find it difficult to enjoy many that I come across, as the general majorities that I dig up tend to romanticise and/or sexualise him as a character, which I'm not really a fan of. It's always refreshing to read a Riddle fanfiction that has a deeper focus on the mentality of the character himself rather than a more relationship-based take (though not all are bad, but it can be a job to uncover a very exceptional one).
I think that you've done nicely to portray Riddle's character in a way that fits canon—psychopathic/sociopath, yes, definitely, but in a manner that is interesting and engaging; there's always something with your Riddle that makes me want to lose reality. His care for Dumbledore is real, and he recognises the man for what he is: a manipulative old coot, but his relationship with him is a human one. There's no intense coddling where Potter is concerned, which I think sort of keeps up Riddle's image as an individual with a certain ineptitude for sympathy or love, and I adore the interaction between Snape and himself. It's beautiful. Brilliant. I just love it.
The storyline is a neat one, as well. I don't think that I've ever encountered a Professor! Riddle AU that then clashes with the canon universe. Especially one where AU Riddle meets up with Voldemort (that's another thing, too: the Voldemort/Riddle scenes are my favourite in the story, especially with the differences of them that you write, and Voldemort's mocking in chapter 25). I do think it would be odd for Riddle, to discover the Horcruxes and eventually find them (another note: the locket scene was fantastic, too, like most everything else), so reading those parts was pretty fun.

But really, though, it's an all-around great fanfiction, the sort that you search for and when found, cry over them because ‘finally, this is something I'd re-read over and over again.’ The one element that I wasn't overly fond of was the writing style, but that seems along the lines of preference.
Great job, seriously. Keep writing!
Elise chapter 26 . 7/4
Very thrilling and extraordinary story. :) Compliments to the writer.
aqeldroma chapter 26 . 6/30
Holy crap, I am so thrilled by this fic. You are doing a masterful job of getting inside the head of Voldemort/Riddle and doing it in a way I genuinely did not expect. I hope you update again-I can't wait to hear the rest of this story!
PGadoury chapter 26 . 6/16
Very interesting story. I really hope you finish it.
cztelnik chapter 26 . 6/11
Wow, this is a really good story! I'm so happy I found it and it looks like it will keep going so yea! Thanks for sharing your muse.
Please, PLEASE continue this. Super interesting.
Inflama chapter 26 . 5/3
This story was quite a surprise. I really enjoyed it, even if I think you could have put the information in those three flashback in the story in a different and better way, among other very small things along the way. Still, I would have loved to have seen the completion of this. It was fun while it lasted.
Magesa chapter 26 . 4/23
This is, really, truly an exceptional fic. I have never read a Tom who comes anywhere near the believability, canon-compliance, and depth of yours. Like many of the best stories, this is a character-driven fic, and the drama of Tom's struggle drew me in endlessly. You have, quite correctly, made Tom chilling and sociopathic. (Your tone in writing him is commendable. Through some witchcraft you have not just told me that this Tom is chilling, charming, and deeply intelligent, but really made me *feel* it.) You make Tom into a very compelling protagonist. Despite his sociopathic aspects, I feel I can begin to understand him. He even has his moments of what might be goodness. Tom is truly fond of some people (for selfish reasons, yes, but even so he is genuinely fond of Dumbledore *as a person* and not just a pet or tool). Tom seems to actually care for those students who remind him of himself. Tom, actually, has a surprising amount of compassion for himself in many ways, even as he fights an inner battle. And for all Tom's anti-hero I'm-not-a-good-guy posturing, he is fiercely principled. Tom knows that in order to prevent a fall into evil and madness he must exert constant effort and discipline. He considers himself an awful person, and yet in large part *because* of that he becomes a major force for good for many people. He is much like Dumbledore in this respect. If you act the part of a good person well enough, and if you, through so doing, do some real good, can you be said to be a good person? (Also: I love that Tom becomes "good" in large part because he selfishly dreads becoming Voldemort. It's really quite sufficient motivation. Voldemort has a very tempting degree of freedom and raw power, yes, but once Tom can be brought to see even a fraction of how deeply *pathetic* Voldemort really is in his madness and pettiness and fear, it makes perfect sense that Tom would seek to avoid that fate.)

I also like your characterization of Dumbledore and Snape. They're both spot-on from a canon perspective, which is so rare on this site. I am, I'll admit, a sucker for fics in which Snape comes out of his dark shell to reveal himself as a truly good and loving person who becomes a father figure to Harry, etc., but I have never thought that this version of Snape was canon-compliant. Snape is a tragic figure who is exceptionally brave, has a very strong sense of duty, and is forever devoted to Lily. But he is also petty and vindictive to the point of being pathetic, deeply mean-spirited, dangerously in love with darkness and power, and creepily obsessed with Lily. If Voldemort had not killed Lily, he would not have switched sides. I was a little more surprised at Tom's deduction that Snape never really stopped believing in Voldemort's ideology and never really stopped being attracted to his power, and that Snape never really believed in Dumbledore's ideology. This is not how I generally thought about Snape's loyalties, but the more I think about it the more I think it rings true. I also really like your Dumbledore. He is flawed but still a great and moral man. He can be suspicious and a little manipulative (sometimes I think he really *needs* to be in order to do the right thing), but he also likes to have faith, perhaps too much faith, in the goodness of people. You show us his humanity and his vulnerability without bashing him, which I am very grateful for. I'm sick of all the Dumbledore bashing on this site. People will forgive Snape almost anything, it seems, and Dumbledore almost nothing.

It has been two years since this story updated. But I will say anyway: I would be so, so happy to see this fic continued. Even if you don't quite remember what you had planned and do something a little differently, or maybe wrap up the end sooner than you planned - really anything would be highly appreciated. This is a wonderful story. Still, even if it is never updated, I am not sorry I read it! It was well worth the journey. Thank you for writing such a great fic.
purrbaby101 chapter 26 . 3/27
Okay, so I just reread this story for the first time in years. And I still love it. The way that you portray Tom is astounding. And the relationship between Tom and the other Dumbledore is so wonderfully complicated - I love it. With that said, why don't you finish the fic? I know it's been two years, and writing something in the same style as well as something that you might have lost interest in is very difficult, but I know a lot of readers would appreciate it. You are still active, I see, since Terminis was posted just a week ago. I just hope you continue this since you had a unique approach to the alternate universe theory that I found to be a relief from the norm. If not, well, I'm glad it's not TOO bad of a cliffhanger. I can deal with never knowing if Tom fixes his soul, I suppose. But I'd rather not. ;)
writlings chapter 26 . 3/24
While I know that this hasn't been updated in two years now and I know that updating in itself is not an easy task, I do hope that you someday continue/finish this. I have not come across many fics in which I like the portrayal of Tom Riddle as I do in yours. I would like to see how this goes on because even till here by itself it is such a good story. It'd be a pity to leave such a great fic hanging like this.
dancesontrains chapter 26 . 3/21
Thanks for writing as much of this as you did, it's excellent.
Hipster007 chapter 12 . 3/12
I do have a suggestion for all hp fanfic authors if u don't care to spread the word. Play around with the Eastham name if u can. Please. I'd love to see what everyone can come up with