Reviews for Rectifier
Nameshift chapter 26 . 5/3
This story was quite a surprise. I really enjoyed it, even if I think you could have put the information in those three flashback in the story in a different and better way, among other very small things along the way. Still, I would have loved to have seen the completion of this. It was fun while it lasted.
Magesa chapter 26 . 4/23
This is, really, truly an exceptional fic. I have never read a Tom who comes anywhere near the believability, canon-compliance, and depth of yours. Like many of the best stories, this is a character-driven fic, and the drama of Tom's struggle drew me in endlessly. You have, quite correctly, made Tom chilling and sociopathic. (Your tone in writing him is commendable. Through some witchcraft you have not just told me that this Tom is chilling, charming, and deeply intelligent, but really made me *feel* it.) You make Tom into a very compelling protagonist. Despite his sociopathic aspects, I feel I can begin to understand him. He even has his moments of what might be goodness. Tom is truly fond of some people (for selfish reasons, yes, but even so he is genuinely fond of Dumbledore *as a person* and not just a pet or tool). Tom seems to actually care for those students who remind him of himself. Tom, actually, has a surprising amount of compassion for himself in many ways, even as he fights an inner battle. And for all Tom's anti-hero I'm-not-a-good-guy posturing, he is fiercely principled. Tom knows that in order to prevent a fall into evil and madness he must exert constant effort and discipline. He considers himself an awful person, and yet in large part *because* of that he becomes a major force for good for many people. He is much like Dumbledore in this respect. If you act the part of a good person well enough, and if you, through so doing, do some real good, can you be said to be a good person? (Also: I love that Tom becomes "good" in large part because he selfishly dreads becoming Voldemort. It's really quite sufficient motivation. Voldemort has a very tempting degree of freedom and raw power, yes, but once Tom can be brought to see even a fraction of how deeply *pathetic* Voldemort really is in his madness and pettiness and fear, it makes perfect sense that Tom would seek to avoid that fate.)

I also like your characterization of Dumbledore and Snape. They're both spot-on from a canon perspective, which is so rare on this site. I am, I'll admit, a sucker for fics in which Snape comes out of his dark shell to reveal himself as a truly good and loving person who becomes a father figure to Harry, etc., but I have never thought that this version of Snape was canon-compliant. Snape is a tragic figure who is exceptionally brave, has a very strong sense of duty, and is forever devoted to Lily. But he is also petty and vindictive to the point of being pathetic, deeply mean-spirited, dangerously in love with darkness and power, and creepily obsessed with Lily. If Voldemort had not killed Lily, he would not have switched sides. I was a little more surprised at Tom's deduction that Snape never really stopped believing in Voldemort's ideology and never really stopped being attracted to his power, and that Snape never really believed in Dumbledore's ideology. This is not how I generally thought about Snape's loyalties, but the more I think about it the more I think it rings true. I also really like your Dumbledore. He is flawed but still a great and moral man. He can be suspicious and a little manipulative (sometimes I think he really *needs* to be in order to do the right thing), but he also likes to have faith, perhaps too much faith, in the goodness of people. You show us his humanity and his vulnerability without bashing him, which I am very grateful for. I'm sick of all the Dumbledore bashing on this site. People will forgive Snape almost anything, it seems, and Dumbledore almost nothing.

It has been two years since this story updated. But I will say anyway: I would be so, so happy to see this fic continued. Even if you don't quite remember what you had planned and do something a little differently, or maybe wrap up the end sooner than you planned - really anything would be highly appreciated. This is a wonderful story. Still, even if it is never updated, I am not sorry I read it! It was well worth the journey. Thank you for writing such a great fic.
purrbaby101 chapter 26 . 3/27
Okay, so I just reread this story for the first time in years. And I still love it. The way that you portray Tom is astounding. And the relationship between Tom and the other Dumbledore is so wonderfully complicated - I love it. With that said, why don't you finish the fic? I know it's been two years, and writing something in the same style as well as something that you might have lost interest in is very difficult, but I know a lot of readers would appreciate it. You are still active, I see, since Terminis was posted just a week ago. I just hope you continue this since you had a unique approach to the alternate universe theory that I found to be a relief from the norm. If not, well, I'm glad it's not TOO bad of a cliffhanger. I can deal with never knowing if Tom fixes his soul, I suppose. But I'd rather not. ;)
writlings chapter 26 . 3/24
While I know that this hasn't been updated in two years now and I know that updating in itself is not an easy task, I do hope that you someday continue/finish this. I have not come across many fics in which I like the portrayal of Tom Riddle as I do in yours. I would like to see how this goes on because even till here by itself it is such a good story. It'd be a pity to leave such a great fic hanging like this.
dancesontrains chapter 26 . 3/21
Thanks for writing as much of this as you did, it's excellent.
Hipster007 chapter 12 . 3/12
I do have a suggestion for all hp fanfic authors if u don't care to spread the word. Play around with the Eastham name if u can. Please. I'd love to see what everyone can come up with
Hipster007 chapter 26 . 3/12
Love the story. Always wanted to see a different side of Voldemort. Really amazing.
yngoldfogee chapter 26 . 2/26
I've just read your story for the first time and hope you intend to get back to it some time as I have been very entertained by it and would not like to see such a great story remain incomplete.
fabulous one
shannonnicole9 chapter 26 . 2/14
This fic is so different and unique and I love it so much! I wish it was finished though :c
SiriuslyPink chapter 3 . 2/10
Choked on my cheetos when you said there will def be no Tom/Voldemort. Talk about taking incest to a new level.
ironhair chapter 26 . 1/25
far.
Hope you update again.
ironhair chapter 3 . 1/24
Rereading.. last aug 2012!
toooldforthissite chapter 26 . 1/19
Ughh oh my goodness. This is too epic I can't even think of words to say. There is literally no other TR fic like this out there.
toooldforthissite chapter 1 . 1/17
ABC family was having one of it's Harry Potter weekends over Christmas so of course I was watching it. I tuned in at OTP when Voldemort appears and was promptly bulldozed by the Tom Riddle feels. Seriously, my inner monologue was like, "oh Tom, you still sound just like you did when you were sixteen... it's so sophisticated and hot. WHY did you have to go full evil? you lost your pretty face and YOUR SOUL... IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME HOPE FOR YOU IN THIS UNIVERSE."

...and then I was remembered about this wonderful thing! I'm assuming you're busy living outside in the real world, but I wanted you to know I'm looking forward to your next chapter whenever you can crank it out. I love this AU and his character SO MUCH, it makes me really happy that I get to reread it now. Thank you so much!