Reviews for The Way
fanofthisfiction chapter 6 . 3/26
Can I admit, I was sorry to see it end this way? I suppose I got a bit attached to the story to know what happens from here. It's exciting to see you are working on the sequel though. I very much enjoyed every chapter of this story and the moments that went into it.

Introducing the Fourth Hokage and sharing facts like he loved ramen made me smile. Whether or not it's true or not, the creativity in thinking about that stood out.

Introductions of higher level concepts like friendship, protecting innocence, making bonds, sharing a greater sense of community, etc. that went above Kakashi's understanding was a perfect way to introduce the imperfections of what becomes of village policies and how they change over the years as mistakes are made. I hope many others are fortunate to come across this story as it is a unique way of bringing forth the concepts that could have helped Kakashi shape who he becomes in the future.
fanofthisfiction chapter 5 . 3/26
Separating the two fights in two different chapters also helped me to digest each of the learning lessons that Kakashi goes through instead of just waiting to see what happens next. The pacing of the story and the chapter breaks match each other well. Granted, I agree, you'd be best garnering other's advice as I'm personally a fan of short chapters with short bursts of free time and all. I even have to review separately from the time I read often.

The meticulous way this tale is told, makes me want to leave reviews, as I can only imagine how time consuming the process takes. I've only written one story but without feedback, I realize it's hard to gauge what impressions are. I see you have quite a well deserved following and though I did take away the meaning of Aki's promise, it was nice to see it verified in the author's notes.
fanofthisfiction chapter 4 . 3/26
Yes, thank you for splitting the chapter. Although I love to lose myself in the story, shorter chapter lengths, at least for me, help me to indulge in the whole chapter at once instead of breaking off and having to start again at another time.

Having this fight scene was a great way to tone down Kakashi's genius and make us remember he is but a 5 year old. I wouldn't say child, but little or smaller one. It shows vulnerability and a need to still learn and grow. Of course I like happy endings but I think this loss will make his final climb to the top, all the more rewarding.
fanofthisfiction chapter 3 . 3/26
To tie up a friendship in only one chapter was wonderful. It's so easy to follow the story and get caught up too. Thanks for sharing!
fanofthisfiction chapter 2 . 3/26
You have the ability to captivate the reader with next unexpected twists. Those moments definitely give Kakashi's character the smart edge that puts him above the rest. Adding the OCs added to the story since their introductions were well established. Fun chapter to read.
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 3/26
I wasn't sure what a tale in Kakashi's younger days would be like and this one starts off at a very tender and young age. He does feel older than 5 with the maturity seen here, but at the same time, I suppose in looking over his life, the accomplishments, the tragedies, and everything in between, it seems to fit, he would have had to start off not only ninja ready at a very young age but also be subjected to emotional and physical issues meant for a more mature person.

I was delighted to note you read your reviews. Humor usually catches my eye but I may just have to take in the next chapter out of curiosity.

Your writing flows nicely and the background is always solid and complementary to the plot. Getting into the minds of your characters is what I like and hope to use this as a learning tool if I can get myself to break out and so some more writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Oh. My god. I don't know if you're reading these comments anymore, but we just went through a 3 hour time period of fanfiction being off. (breaks down and cries) I am such an addict... But so is everyone else, judging from the thousand-plus comments on the site I spent the last 50 minutes reading comments on!
On your fic: this'll be entertaining! Poor Kakashi-kun will have to go through a lot to get to wear that mask of his.
Obby chapter 6 . 9/7/2013
Very good story. :)
goldenlucario1 chapter 6 . 8/11/2013
Yey! Praise the author! Thank you so much for writing this fanfiction, I really enjoyed it. Even though I stayed up until 12:30 to read this... :/
goldenlucario1 chapter 4 . 8/11/2013
LOL to the flashback with the fat cat! Total randomness! By the way, your fighting scenes are epic! Love your fic for all the fighting. I also feel very sorry for Kakashi...
Crystia chapter 6 . 8/10/2013
Yayy! Kakashi passed! And now Minato's his sensei! Exciting. XD

Great story! :)
-Crystia
paracuties chapter 6 . 2/28/2013
Aww, CUTE! I love this! It's just AWESOME. LOVE IT, keep writing!
wolfeclipse25 chapter 6 . 1/6/2013
Minato: Haven't had ramen before!? How have you lived!?
Oh god, Minato, you and your ramen.
GoldenHorde chapter 6 . 7/29/2012
Just finished reading this and your Kakashi is brilliantly written. In an earlier chapter you mentioned that Kakashi may not seem like a five year old. He didn't, instead he came across to me as a brilliant five year old that has Asperger's Syndrome.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
Really, really great fic. Nice characterizations too.