Reviews for No Pain, No Gain
TheBayMan chapter 12 . 4/25
I just found and finished your story in a marathon and I want say 'thank you' for writing such a compelling and heart-warming story. You drew me in almost immediately and from start to finish you never let me go... I was enthralled throughout.

The way you handled Nara was brilliant. You made her feel human to me and that's something the stories author failed to capture. Atleast that's my opinion and my opinion is the only one that counts. JK LOL

And I was loosing an emotional battle during your epilogue. Dam you for making an old man cry! LOL

Truly an amazing story... Thank you very much for writing it!
dufus2000 chapter 12 . 10/21/2014
Ok, ...darn it ...you made me cry. Such a great story. Sad and happy all rolled up into one.

Your style of writing is good and comfortable enough to lose yourself in. That is a great thing to achieve. An author should disappear as the vision of their story unfolds before them. You're story reached that. Once I started, I couldn't stop until the end. It really touched me. Kudos for a job well done.

... oh, and thanks for finishing, as so many great stories languish forgotten by their creators. To me a writer makes a promise to the story, characters, and... in some way the reader as well. But so many writers just seem to forget the story like becoming bored with a pet. It's outstanding to see a good story finished. Thank you.
ChronoTriggerMan chapter 12 . 5/12/2014
You son of a b #$%...I'm gonna kill you for scaring me like that! But great story!
Winter Feline chapter 12 . 1/29/2014
Sorrowful and yet beautiful. I wasn't entirely sure on what to expect on noticing the way this chapter began, and the setting it held, but I had my suspicions that proved to be correct. I am glad it wasn't as sorrowful ending as I imagined it just might be, but its still one to leave a reader thinking.

The tale is touching and for the first time in a fairly long while, I actually liked Naru, and the character's reasoning felt more understandable than I have seen the canon Naru to be. Its rare to get me to actually cheer for her, I would personally figure he's better off with anyone else, but in this story her own pain seems real and understandable.
Cookie lover chapter 2 . 5/11/2013
Ketchup? really? anyways, i like it :) hahaha
mnementh2000 chapter 12 . 7/18/2012
A very touching story, and sad. The letters that you made for each tenant showed a warmth and strength to each, yet also helped to heighten the overall despair of the situation at hand. The fact that Keitaro did NOT die in the end, but ends up living on and marrying Naru is a bright point. Now, I normally don't care for Naru as an overall character, as in the manga she still abused Keitaro after their marriage and I don't care for the whole abusive love interest line, but I liked the way you handled her character. I would usually say that she would never, or at the vary least take a very long time to, change how she acts towards men in general and Keitaro in particular, with the beatings etc., but you made her changes - and the reason for her actions overall - believable.

Well done story. I enjoyed reading it.
SXR123 chapter 12 . 7/13/2012
you sly devil you! Halfway through this I'm like "oh no, he did NOT kill off keit, not after such a happy ending! but no, it was hina instead. Which doesn't make it any less sad, but it was still a nice move there.

This was a great read and i'm glad you wrote it!
Love Hina Fan-101 chapter 11 . 3/30/2011
This story probably the most romantic ending I've ever read.

It has an even beter love ending then Battles of the Heart, a Love Hina fanfic between Keitaro and Motoko. Cizzymac, you have trully touched my heart. And thats hard to do. I thank you. If you're still writing, please don't stop and finish what you start no matter what.
Fayari chapter 12 . 10/2/2010
Awww... I'm bawling my eyes out right now...
Avalaon chapter 9 . 8/31/2010
Man... I cant remember the last time i have cried from reading something. Naru's letter was so emotional it caused me to cry even though i was desperately trying to hold back...

You, my friend are a real genius. I realy admire you!

Keep up the good work!
goku90504 chapter 12 . 7/31/2010
beautiful!

though i always prefer to see kei/naru/shinobu endings this is a great story as is
Chris ShadowMoon chapter 12 . 1/3/2010
I missed something. What did the doc want to tell him? Short of, like, 'you're not going to die'? Or was that it?
Mike chapter 12 . 11/11/2009
Wow.

What a wonderful story.

You're a very good writer. Please continue.

It's nice to see sanity reign with the Hinata girls, although it took quite a shock. I'm glad you 'cured' Naru and Motoko.
YuriFan5 chapter 9 . 10/11/2009
That is the most touching chapter I have ever read in any story. I've cried more just reading Keitaro's letters than I have in the past few years.
naruxkeitaro chapter 12 . 9/11/2009
this is from far the best love hina fanfic i have ever ,thanks for the great fic.

ps:i really tought keitaro was dead in the epilogue.