Reviews for The Moment
bec chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Great job.I wish there was more.
themis.ceres chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I love this SO much! You did such a great job of sketching out his character development.. I have to admit I especially loved the 'twist' at the end, such a great way to drive it all home!
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
wow this was beautiful... you've captured the moment, wonderful work
cirana chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
gd fic
Dragonland chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Wow. I thought it was delightful. The evolution of Daniel's character has been plauging me, but I seem to think he is fufilling the position of Jack in most aspects of the team. Good stuff.

joyousremake chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
omg... i got this alert a while ago but i didnt get around to reading it... i love it...

much love

LadyLefaye chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Interesting fic. I thought the last line really brought everything all together.
SG-Fan chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Superb story!

Now, I just have to catch up on your.. three other fics?
Mackenise Jackson chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Oh my god, WOW. Really I don't know what to say, it's just WOW. It really came home to me reading that. thank you for sharing such a great piece of writing.
PoppyCaxton chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Wow... I haven't seen the episode yet, but that short story hit me in the gut.

I can't put my finder on it.

Very insightful
Evilclone chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Beatrice Otter chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Nice story. Well written, good idea, all that.

The problem is that Daniel was never a pacifist. He was never the first to go for weapons, preferring to find a more peaceful solution, but even back on the first mission to Abydos, once it became clear that negotiations weren't an option he had no qualms about violence, and less problems with arming the natives than Jack. He had obviously used a gun before (handguns being notoriously difficult to aim). He wasn't a pacifist, he just wasn't a militarist.

Also, you might want to add the ep "Beast of Burden" to Daniel's list of times when he might have changed. That's when Chaka was captured and used with those other Unases as slaves, and Daniel freed them so they could start a rebellion. Jack and Sam were surprised over the fact that he wasn't even interested in negotiations, by the time they'd escaped.
Nighshae chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
You're right, except for the ending, that episode was a real yawner. What we haven't figure out yet is how Daniel got through the other door, given how much effort Mitchell, Teal'c and the others had to use to get through the first one.
trtlsoup2001 chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
O... angsty. And good. And what I was thinking as I was watching Prototype. Only you put it in words much better than how I thought of it.