Reviews for Scars
Brietjuh chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I am sorry I did not review this story earlier! It is definitely one of my favorites on this site. So well written and in character. Suspenseful as well.
Bellafibs chapter 8 . 12/4/2010
I have to admit that I was fairly shocked when I was browsing the archive and found this story by "azurelacroix". And much to my surprise, it was the same azurelacroix from deviantART. I use to watch you on an old account when I was heavily into Sweeney Todd. It's amazing that you also write fanfiction, and for Hannibal!

You're spot-on with the characterization, especially with Hannibal. It is so difficult, I find, to get his voice, especially in his letters. This story managed to keep me thoroughly engaged and most thrillers/suspense fail to do that, except for Thomas Harris of course. You had an intriguing set of puzzles, but I have to admit, in the first chapter, in his letter he says "How much virgin blood did you bathe in this weekend?", I immediately thought of Elizabeth Bathory.

I was sad to discover that you didn't write more Silence/Hannibal fics because even though you're a talented artist (and if we're being frank here) I much prefer your writing to your artwork.

And I have to disagree with a previous reviewer, it was not too short. I understand that it can get hard to keep your reader engaged for a long period of ending was a mind fuck to me though!

Keep writing
darkestharmony chapter 8 . 2/10/2009
Huh... didn't end quite as I would have hoped, but it was good. I especially liked Hannibal and Willy conversing, and Will... you nailed him in characterization. Great job!
ButterflyGirl89 chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Awesome first chapter. You've really captured the characters perfectly. I look forward to reading on. :D
The Mad Maiden chapter 8 . 9/9/2007
Wow, that was an awesome story. I really think there should be a sequel to this. Great job!
Ivy3 chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
Not enough stories out there with Will Graham, glad to see him and Clarice working together to catch Hannibal. Ended rather abruptly, but it was a great read. Hope you write more in the future.
bravewolf chapter 8 . 4/23/2006
This is the closest we'll probably see to Thimas Harris' work. You did painstaking research and you created your own eqully intriguing puzzles and story. Brilliant!
Linkstar chapter 8 . 3/12/2006
This was wonderfully written and tightly paced. You truly caught the voice of Lecter and the way he spoke was as if Lecter was in the room speaking them to me.

I absoultely loved how you handled this story, and it flows so well from what has come before in the movies. I think this would look great on the big screen.

One criticism: It was too short! Draw it out a bit more, because your writing still is such that it draws people in and keeps them reading, and thats what all good stories should do.
Hannibalvrgrl chapter 8 . 11/8/2005
Im in shock...I have read many fan fics on this site, but never anything as good as this. All I can say is there better be a sequel or more fan fics on here written by you or...or else! You are a genius, a fan of the good doctor beyond anything I have ever seen, and a hero to the fan fiction world. Okay yeah...I may sound like a completely stupid gushing individual, but I have never seen or heard anything this well written before. Thank you...so much.

Katherine
JT14 chapter 8 . 10/30/2005
ahh finally! My stupid comp has been disabling the comment pop up for a long time. I have been avidly reading this story and I checked back practically everyday for a new chapter.

This story was very well written, quite good and I loved the interactions between all the characters. I'm also very excited to see that this is just the first in a series. :)
Samantha Bridges chapter 5 . 10/7/2005
Dinner with the GD, but who's going to get their just desserts in the end? I'm interested in seeing how this plays out, since getting Will and Clarice seems like it will be quite a feat, especially if they have to save Molly and Willy (I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see someone using the names from the book!). Kepp it up, and I will continue to be a willing reader.
Samantha Bridges chapter 2 . 9/30/2005
Dr. Barney and the hunt for Gucci shoes. Well now, it seems everyone is moving up in the world. The backstory of the Bath's is interesting, you portray all the characters quite well. What comes next? I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
A. A. Aaron chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
A great story, very well written. I was pleased at Barney's advancement. Do we get to call him "Doctor Barney" now? Anyhow, I'm looking forward enthusiastically to your next chapter.