Reviews for Let's Go To The Ball
nancyandned4eva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
That was really sweet! please write more!
bookworm2009 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
do you know when it will be continued?
nika chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
what thats all
LordLanceahlot chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
aww! hehe this is so cute! I love it.
casey chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
more!
someone chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
that's cool. write more!
Paris chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Well...I'd like to start with the good things about this story.

1. Your spelling, punctuation etc is generally pretty good, and your story is easy to read.

However:

1. I don't mean to be rude, but your story isn't really a story at all. If you are going to post something, you should at least start from the beginning so that the reader isn't confused. While you know who Kristen is etc, no one else does and this needs to be made more clear.

2. Why should the reader even care about what Kristen thinks? We don't know her, this section is all about Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, so perhaps you would be better of involving more of the characters who are already established.

3. Summaries are stupid. Write the story, don't explain the past to us in a paragraph. The only time the reader wants a summary is when it's something brief like 'This story takes place the day following Iola Morton's death.' Better still, set the scene in your story, so a summary isn't even necessary.

4. When you initially begin writing fan fiction, it's probably a good idea to take note of the stories that you have enjoyed reading and pin point what exactly it is you like about those stories. That way, you can incorporate those styles and elements into your own.

5. This reeks of "A Cinderella Story." - I didn't enjoy that the first time I was made to watch it, so I would rather read something more original than that rehashed junk.

I don't mean to discourage you, these are merely tips that you might like to take on board to improve your writing. I think you have a lot of potential, you just need to sit down and think of an original plot, and then slowly develop the story, without summaries.

I know you said these were written when you were younger, so I am sure your skills have improved a lot since then.

Take care, Paris.
nancy nickerson chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
aw...another sweet one! i can't wait 2 hear more! g2g. ttyl. i wuz here. Love Ya Lots, Bye