Reviews for Letters from Northanger
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 2 . 9/4/2012
Large portions of this seem to be quoted directly from the book. But it is rather interesting to read them in letter form. I got the impression that the heroine she was writing to in Chapter 1 was actually herself as Henry described her in his parody on the way to NA.
HasEveryPenNameBeenTaken chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
I'm guessing the other heroine is the anonymous protagonist of Daphne du Maurier's "Rebecca". In the book, we are told she has a lovely name, but we never learn what it is, hence the anonymity.

Also, the other heroine's husband really did murder his first wife, so I'm thinking Catherine's advice is not really applicable.

(Intriguing story.)
Margaret Bryon chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
Goodness, what an excellent story! I could just hear Catherine's voice as I read, and your style is quite similar to Jane Austen's! I have just joined , and I must confess, I have been rather disappointed with the quality of the stories I have read so far. Until now anyway! You have shown me that there is some golden nuggets around. Again, excellent work, and I sincerely hope you plan on adding more!
noukinav018 chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
oh,

Tilney went to the point..
noukinav018 chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
Even Austen would find this amusing XD
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
XD pretty amusing... I wonder who's the other "heroine"... ROTFL
astrum202 chapter 3 . 11/1/2008
Umm is she writing to Jane Eyre? Just wondering cause you know with the whole crazy wife, creepy house few servants thing. And Jane's an orphan. I really want to know!
Caroline Matheson chapter 2 . 3/10/2008
This is really funny, well-written, and based on one of my favorite books! This obviously means I love it :) But how about you add a letter, not from Catherine but to her from the heroine? I'm interested in seeing which letter she listens to, and it would give the audience more hints to her identity... that is, if she is a real literary heroine. Keep up the good work!
ElouiseBates chapter 2 . 9/30/2005
Another excellent and well-written chapter! I especially love how Catherine cannot vouch for other countries, or even the northern and western parts of her own, and ESPECIALLY enjoyed the bit about poison and sleeping potions not being procured like rhubarb! You have quite a clever twist of your pen (metaphorically speaking).
ElouiseBates chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
This is good! Quite humorous, and a lovely style. I hope you post more "letters" soon. (I haven't quite figured out the "nameless" heroine-I'm not familiar with too many gothic novels-but I'm quite sure it's not Jane Eyre!) Excellent work.