Reviews for Changing Fate
SunGokuSanzo chapter 9 . 10/6
This was really good and I'm happy that I decided to read it. You kept them all in character and that's a hard thing to do, but that just proves you understand them at least a little and that you connect with them. So, kudos.
VampireDog chapter 9 . 7/31/2013
That was good, nice characterization and plot. Good job. I really liked Gojyo's departure from Kioko.
Smexy Kitten chapter 9 . 5/27/2013
This was an interesting way to end the story, but I wish there was more. I hope that one day you are able to come back to this awesome story and continue it :D
Anonymous chapter 9 . 8/15/2006

That was good. Aside from a few grammatical and spelling errors, that was great. The climax wasn't very climatic though, but it was still a good read.

Thanks again.
Ditch Gospel chapter 10 . 1/30/2006
I realized I forgot to review this chapter. Sorry!

Your OCs are indeed interesting and likable, with their own distinct and unique personalities. You've managed to do something very refreshing, which is, to make your villains likable, to make them seem like real people with feelings, misgivings, freindships... all those things that typical bad-guy flunkies often lack. These three aren't just mindless, random youkai assassins, because you have carried them above that. You have given them heart and *soul*.

It could be very interesting to actually get a look inside the heads of three of those "random assassins" so often encountered by the boys.

I think I need to go back and re-read parts of your story, because I felt a little bit confused about the mention of Sumitra busting up the doctor's place. Hmm... (love the names, by the way, Sumitra and Imaran)

I also want to say that I like the bond of trust and companionship that can be felt between your three OCs.

Yes, good transitional chapter indeed, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to getting back in action with Sanzo and company! I'm buckling on my seatbelt in anticipation for the next chapter!
DemonUntilDeath chapter 10 . 1/18/2006
I loved your original characters, they were hillarious! I actually really liked this chapter, even if it was just a transition chapter! I can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold, as I'm not quite sure where it's going. Hope you post again soon!
solysal chapter 10 . 1/16/2006
a very nice transitional chapter, to use your own rhetoric. it wasn't pointless and gave us a better look at what i hope will become important characters. they had a tendency to grow on me.
See Saw chapter 9 . 1/12/2006
Yay! You have no idea how happy this story has made me! Its amazing how rare a good Saiyuki fic is. I like the lack of romance (besides Gojyo's necessary flings), yaoi (which is way to common in this fandom), and horrible characterizations. In my opinion, you've done a pretty good job with the plot and keeping everyone IC. I love the angst factor and I hope you keep it up (jeez that makes me sound like a bad person doesn't it?). But I am kinda mad that, at this moment, you only have 34 reviews. A story this well written deserves a ton more!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Blahsblah2001 chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
This is really really awesome *favs*

They are in character, and almost insanely so.

Stop misleading the monkey u

I think Kami- Sama's sensei was Ni Jiyani, wasn't he? If he wasn't, they were twins or something.

J'dee chapter 9 . 1/9/2006
You did really well... I enjoyed this chappie and the previous one... keep up the good work...
solysal chapter 9 . 1/8/2006
no, I don't think the end was "cheesy" at all. i felt that you had a very good grasp of the characters. the ending of the first quarter seemed like it could fit write into the manga. very nice.
Ditch Gospel chapter 9 . 1/8/2006
I'm surprised that they're actually leaving the town. I was expecting something else to happen, what with the sense of intrigue that you'd been building up.

I didn't find the Gojyo/Kioko parting scene to be overly sentimental, nor did I find your references to Gojyo's past confusing.

Is that it for Kioko and Eshana? You kept me guessing about these characters, especially Eshana, for so long, that it's almost disappointing to see that they have no more part to play!

The one thing that did bother me a little about Gojyo in this chapter was that he came across as really having an actual *dislike* towards Sanzo. The same with Sanzo's attitude towards Gojyo. I think the animosity between them here is just a little too strong. Also, the transition between the Gojyo scene and the scene with the others in the jeep was a little sudden and confusing. You just forgot to seperate the scenes, is all.

I'm anticipating new adventures and look forward to finding out which character gets to have the spotlight next!
narrizan chapter 9 . 1/8/2006
Hello still here. I like this chapter. And no you didn't make it too cheesy. It was done with just a light enough touch I think. I think that the thoughts Gojyo had on Vatsa was a nice avenue into insight into how he might view his childhood, through someone else going through similar things Gojyo did.(barring of course the abuse he suffered at the hands of his stepmother.)

Ditch Gospel chapter 8 . 12/27/2005
Hmm, intriguing. This chapter leaves several questions up in the air.

First of all, what are the youkai up to? We still don't really know what's going on, and I still have suspicions about the townspeople. So Sanzo's going to get changed into his robes before going for lunch. Uh oh. I don't like the idea of him exposing himself as a Sanzo priest in public in this town.

Secondly, who is the girl Goku bumped into, and what part will she play in the story? I might be complaining right about now about the addition of yet another OC, except that you've already proven that you know how to properly introduce an OC into a piece of fanfiction, so I'm not *too* worried. You've simply left me wondering!

Also, I'm worried about Hakkai's warning about the possible interaction of the cigarettes with the drug or poison. It feels as if one thing will lead to another in this story, all working towards a tangled mess of trouble, so I have to admit I'm worried.

Although I enjoyed this chapter, and it was a nice pause after the action and suspense in previous chapters, something does bother me a little. It's just that the group dynamics between the guys feels somewhat off. For example, what were Sanzo and Gojyo doing teaming up against Goku when Goku's not even there? Also, Hakkai seemed to be a little too "in control". I realize that Sanzo is still recovering, but Hakkai seems to be placing himself in a "leadership" role here, that I think is just a little too strong for his character. Also, it felt in a couple of places as if Goku were gravitating towards Hakkai in a way that he usually does with Sanzo. Anyway, you may disagree with me here, but I just wanted to be honest with my opinion.

I actually read this when it was first posted, but didn't have time to write a review. Sorry about that, but your story is certainly well worth reading over the chapter a second time in order to refresh my thoughts!

Happy New Year, and as always, I look forward to the next chapter!
Random Person chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
Stories all right. This chapter doesn't seem as good as the rest, but hey, you can probably fix it up. Keep writing, and update soon!