Reviews for Monkey Screaming 2: Mirror Image
bec chapter 10 . 12/29/2012
Loved it all. The POVs from outside people was nice, soldiers recognizing fellow soldiers.
bec chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
I am LOVING IT! Love the premise and concept of this trilogy.
Harmne chapter 10 . 2/28/2010
Another great chapter! Loved how the war game between Alex and Jon bewildered Michael and (LOL!) had the SGC SpecOps team needing therapy! The end battle was strange and vicious and strangely satisfying - and apparently what was needed to clear the air between them. I thought it very appropriate that Daniel and Will and the soldiers knew to just keep everyone else clear, and Daniel checking their wellbeing was just Daniel. Will burning the flag seemed strangely symboliclly appropriate, too.
Harmne chapter 9 . 2/28/2010
I loved how Michael's fasination with the teens was 'contagious'. I really enjoyed the professional soldier's puzzlement with the teens-who-weren't. LOVED LOVED LOVED when like recognized like, when Carson realized Alex knew they were special forces. I loved all of this, loved how Carson kept trying to figure them out. Interesting and kind of fun way to get an ouside look at the teen team.
Harmne chapter 8 . 2/28/2010
The beginning of this chapter is another of my favorite parts of these stories. I loved how the military guys (I'm assuming Michael's old spec-ops team?) got kind of freaked out by the teen clones approach to kitting out, and their speculation about Jon's parentage (and calling him 'the mouth') had me cracking up (pilot father, evil Gunnery Sergeant Marine mother?).

The view from inside Alex's head was enlightening, too. Only once or twice in my life have I even been that angry, but... I can identify...
Harmne chapter 7 . 2/28/2010
This chapter makes me cry for Jack and Jon and both Carters. Trees and forest and clueless people going through hell...
Harmne chapter 6 . 2/28/2010
This one was just plain heartbreaking. Don't know what to say other than that.
Harmne chapter 5 . 2/28/2010
I'm not sure who was more shocked at the revelations in this chapter - Harper, or me. Excellent work!
Harmne chapter 4 . 2/28/2010
Another chapter that went over my head, so to speak, until you made things plain later. Then it all fit beautifully. I guess you can tell I was never into psychology and never really got the military mindset, either... At least, not until it's explained to me!
Harmne chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
This was a very eye-opening chapter. I loved the first part, where the poor unsuspecting coach and football team found themselves suddenly under the command of a teenaged Major Carter, who knew how to kick ss and wasn't one bit afraid of doing it. And fell for her in spite of it.

Also finally understood what was going on, as Teal'c sort of gently broke it to Jon, and his inner-Jack realized he'd trained Carter too well for what he'd intended to work. Very eye-opening and insightful!

Have I mentioned how much I love these stories?
Harmne chapter 2 . 2/28/2010
I loved getting a peek at the teen versions of SG1 through the eyes of the teacher - and his evaluations, assumsions, confusion, and reassesments! Nothing wrong with Michael's brain! Also enjoyed Alex's reaction to the command in his voice when Jon yelled at her and called her 'Carter' - even if she did ignore him afterward. Lots of things going on beneath the surface, here, and we're just getting glimpses of what you've got planned...
Harmne chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
I think this story was the hardest to read - especially the beginning of it. Here again I didn't really understand it at first. I got all the angst! But until you explain things later it was just painful.
s chapter 3 . 7/26/2008
Teal'c rocks like a rocking thing. And this description "He had forced her to chase it down a dark alley and whack it with a P90. If that did not work, she went after its children, grandchildren, and second cousins twice removed." is made of win.
s chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
I love Sam's reaction at the end - go Carter!
Inarae chapter 10 . 5/2/2008
again, Awesome. thanks for the story