Reviews for Problem Child
Nanuk chapter 19 . 11/2/2013
What a lovely, lovely story! Thanks so much!
VictoriaWrites chapter 19 . 2/13/2013
Beautiful story. And bitter, bitter irony.
SK12Monster chapter 13 . 10/15/2012
I really love the story! It's incredible! Its actually kind of funny: my favorite name is Leilanni, which is similar to the name you used for the little girl. I love the story so much! I hope you continue writing them! :)
Guest chapter 20 . 7/6/2012
thorn: omg cool, cool trailer. that was awwesome. if i get an account on here this is how my trailer is going to be. You rock!
Peace Out!
Gyreflight chapter 20 . 12/12/2011
I came back to re-read this, so I think I have to start off with an apology for not reviewing it before (I hope you will take the fact that it was remembered and evoked the desire to be read again as the compliment that it is).

One of the things I really liked about this was the way that the situation you set up allowed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to interact without the familiar-to-fanfiction stresses of a master who doesn’t want a padawan, and an initiate who would give almost anything to be padawan to that master.

Your Obi-Wan was seriously damaged at the start of this, but not unrecognisably so, and you were careful to show the strength of character that hadn’t been burned out of him in the determination that let him move forward out of the near untenable position he had been driven to.

This is an Obi-Wan who wants to be a Jedi, but is actually comforted by the fact that this master is not to be his, and a Qui-Gon who is not pressured by external expectations and has no motive but to help a hurting boy who has been badly used by the Jedi who should have kept him safe. It makes for a very interesting change in the dynamic, and I enjoyed watching how much easier it was for Qui-Gon to be convinced when his own reactions were telling him the truth (even when he was trying not to acknowledge that he knew what those reactions meant).

I liked seeing the protective gentleness that he showed with Obi-Wan, and the very Jedi attitudes he demonstrated – during the physical confrontation there was never a selfish moment when he wasn’t focussed on the hurting, damaged child who was attacking him (an attitude which could only continue to confuse Obi-Wan, who doesn’t seem to have met it before), and the discussion where he explained that it was his responsibility to help, so it would be his failure (and not Obi-Wan’s) if he couldn’t do so was very convincing.

The reason behind it all made some sense of how abuses like this could have happened in the temple (the old saw about good intentions springs to mind), but it adds a somewhat tragic edge to know that Di’ona was not entirely wrong – that the terrible future she saw, will in fact come to pass. Unless somthing else changes, that is...

Anyway, I’ve enjoyed this - thanks for the read.
laelruin chapter 20 . 1/13/2011
Problem Child is one of the best Jedi Apprentice fic's I've read. It is incredible in detail and emotion, really pulling me into the plot and the problems going on. It made me want to take matters into my own hands and deal with the offendents harshly and permanently. Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this story, I quite enjoyed it and look forward to reading the next one.

Sincerely,

Ruin
CosmicEssence chapter 20 . 6/30/2010
Wowee this was really really very good. Liked how you swtiched back and forth between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's perspective and how you showed the slow progress. Also enjoyed how the truth was slowly woven and layered together and then just as slowly (but not at all boringly) revealed. I'll admit I did figure out Di'ona's part in this early on, and figured that the 3 Masters were probably all apprenticed to her at some point which is what they all had in common...I just couldnt work out the true mystery because you hadnt given enough information to do so. Interactions, Obi's reponses, the danger and intrigue and even a few scenes were rather creepy (like the Knight watching Bant and Obi swimming (that was Di'ona right?). Also liked the hints that everyone was collaborating to help Obi.

Oh yeah and that dream was very interesting, liked how it was done even though it meant delving into memories of events I'd not watched in ages. I'm teling ya the second sabre battle took 4 or 5 reads before i remembered the scene it was describing!

Anyway, this was lovely written, with beautiful use of emotions and characters and yeah it was just really well done. Thanks.

Your trailer is good too...making me want to read the next part and here's hoping you have done the next part! :)
Selene467 chapter 19 . 3/17/2010
Fantastic story. Poor Obi-Wan! how could you let all that happen to him. It was great to read, Qui Gon is a fantastic master and I'm so thrilled Obi-Wan is okay again.

I will read the sequel sometime, but not sure when. This was a wonderful read and the plot is quite awesome as well. Loving this!
Princess613 chapter 19 . 2/15/2010
Cool story. Nice background for Jinn and Kenobi.
caswin chapter 8 . 11/17/2009
this is and interesting story and i really like the way that you are telling it. it really pulls at your emotions
ncislover1 chapter 20 . 4/22/2009
what is the second part called and have you started yet?
zafaran chapter 20 . 4/16/2009
This was marvelously done and I've saved it to ebook for future rereading on my ebook reader/PDA. I'm already looking forward to the upcoming stories in the set and was disappointed that you'd not had a chance to write and post the third story in the set yet. I hope your muse and schedule will allow you to write and post more chapters on more stories sometime soon. Keep up the good work. Zafaran {mailto:} zafaran {at} fastmail {dot} fm
ladyflutter chapter 20 . 3/31/2009
Can't think of much to say other than...WOW! Awesome story! I really liked how the plot of "who's-been-hurting-Obi-Wan?" was woven thru the whole story. The way it revealed was such that it seemed as though you had the whole idea thought out before even beginning the first chapter! If there were any grammatical or spelling errors they were so few that I've forgotten them already. The story flowed well overall, and I really liked your characterization of Qui-Gon. I can definitely see him getting upset at anybody abusing any youngling, not just Obi-Wan. Can wait to read the sequel!
MEM-SEV chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
This is one of those fantastic stories that you hope to find each time you page through . I loved this so much it almost hurts. Wonderfully written, beautifully carried out.
Dream's Abyss chapter 20 . 2/11/2009
Poor Obi-Wan. People just love to pick on him.