Reviews for A Different Direction
Zanza Flux chapter 11 . 6/18/2013
Wow, I have been looking for a story like this. This was really good and kept me on the edge of my seat. This story was well thought out and you did a really good job making me feel the sadness and desperation that Danny was going through. I felt bad for him and Valerie. You could almost feel the frustration from them both when Vlad had them backed into a corner.

I love your portrayal of Valerie. You made her a really loyal friend to Danny. Even after she found out what he was...and she had to get some choice words and some anger out of her system. She didn't turn her back on him. She was even going as far as to ask her father for help. She might be driven and hotheaded as a hunter, but you show there was more to her than that. She was compassionate and willing to stick up for Danny when no one else would. I really like that. You made her a well-rounded character.

I like your portrayal of Vlad too. Always willing to do whatever it took to get Danny to join him. I like how once he got what he wanted, it didn't make him as happy as he thought it would. He actually grew to care for Danny and really wanted to help him to be happy. Even after he made his proposal to Danny, he began to have second thoughts..not because Danny could loose his powers, but because it could change his personality.

You did a really good job and if you made a sequel, I'd love to read it. Maybe with Valerie's help, he could learn to deal with his grief. Maybe Danny and Valerie can become closer friends and really strong ghost hunters. Danny could teach Valerie that not all ghosts are bad and even they need help from time to time...and Danny would learn that he doesn't have to fight alone. Valerie will always have his back :)
Donteatacowman chapter 11 . 8/12/2009
Good story! Thanks for writing.
Half-Ghost chapter 11 . 10/7/2008
That's a good ending, but I was sad that everyone else was still gone.
Dlbn chapter 11 . 4/6/2007
Aw! How sweet! I loved it. I'm glad you let them both survive. YAY!

Sqweakie the Wonder Mouse chapter 11 . 4/1/2007

Great Chapter! I loved the Val/Danny interaction. :)

So is this really the last chapter?

Great work either way!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 11 . 4/1/2007
Aw! How totally sweet. :D
Invader Johnny chapter 11 . 4/1/2007
Ah so this IS the last chapter huh?

It certanly has been a long way since ya started this fic and wow I'm surprised the character development ya explored for Vlad, Valerie and Danny.

It was SO unlike Vlad to give Danny the chance to go back to Amity Park but then when I read his own twisted reason I said.. "yup just like Vlad".

Is there gonna be a sequel or something?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Dlbn chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Danny...Vlad showed up at the wrong time for him, um? well, can't wait for more!

and ValeriexDanny rule!
Dlbn chapter 10 . 11/3/2006
I hope Val regains conciousness !clockwork 't wait for more when you get the chance!

Evilevergreen chapter 10 . 11/2/2006
Wow, so Danny is completely human now, huh? I wonder if he'll merge back with his ghost self?

Can't wait to see the next chapter. D
Mizuki hikari chapter 10 . 10/30/2006
cotinue .
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 10 . 10/29/2006
Not bad. My only problem is, if Valerie was given a second chance without remembering, why did she act differently? There had to be a reason, but nothing was explained here. No gut feeling that may have been a residual effect from the time-travel, and no memory to make her act differently, so the outcome should have been the same unless something was purpousfully altered, but you made it sound like it wasn't. So why?

Jsut a little confused. Sorry.
The PhantomHokage chapter 10 . 10/29/2006
Great chapter man please update soon
Invader Johnny chapter 10 . 10/28/2006
Well everything work out... for now but how will Danny get back his emotions? will he be re-fused with his ghost half?

And the same 2nd question for Vlad and his ghost self.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
WolfDaughter chapter 9 . 10/1/2006
Oh, that is an evil cliffie to leave us with! I wonder what Clockwork has in mind? Obviously he intended for Valerie to find his amulet. Anyway, update again SOON, please! It's been a month too long already!