Reviews for Guide to Completion
Fan5124 chapter 20 . 3/24
I first would like to say, I usually don't review stories. It's not that I don't appreciate the hard work that goes into creative thought or wish for the authors to not know of their genius. Simply and honestly, I'm lazy. If I read a good story, I will add it to my favorites and be done with it. As a writer myself, I do feel that rush of pride though when I see a comment on a story I spent hours, weeks, days, months, and even years on.
This story though, as I read the last few sentences after the end, I realized that your talent, deserved a comment. I am not a big name, my opinion I'm sure has little to no meaning to most in the world. As little as my opinion may matter though, I felt that I needed to congratulate you. The way my emotions twisted with the story, I felt as if I was reading a book I couldn't put down. It's been a good many years since you've posted this story but if you do receive this review, I just wish to thank you for your hard work. You were brave enough to put your writing into the public eye where it would be criticized, for better or worse. I just wanted to formally thank you for a wonderful, touching story. I will look for more of your work in the future. Thank you.
RiverIsWild chapter 20 . 3/23
I've read this story through twice now and I rarely do that, but I love this story. Its well written and I enjoyed the character development, I haven't seen many spanning the entire lifespan like this. Its like a shaespeare play, with all the misunderstanding :P.
yaruna chapter 20 . 2/2
I was captivated by the very first word, and your story held me tight until the end.
it was an awesome piece of fiction that I thank you for sharing ;)
Dark Days chapter 20 . 1/19
Stunning work.
KeikoHPfan chapter 20 . 12/30/2014
Wow! This is a very, very nice story! You brought me close to tears several times - in a good way - and the end was perfect! Thank you so much for sharing it!
Jadis vi Britannia chapter 20 . 12/27/2014
Hi there.

Before I start gushing and screaming my love for tius fic into the heavens, I want to tell you a little story.

Once, in a hole, there lived a hobbit-

Okay, not actually that, but about my love for Lord of the Rings and the discovery of this fic many years later after its making.

I have been a fan of the Lord of The Rings many years before, in my childhood, and with each new release (ROTK, THE HOBBIT, etc.,), I swore to watch eqch and every movie and I have never failed that oath. Now that the whole franchise has ended I resolved to read the books, when in my childhood I could not learn to appreciate much the writings and the beautiful language that is present when I have read to my hearts' content.

Also, by rewatching the movies, I saw the great chemistry between my two favorite characters -and thus began my delving into LOTR fanfiction.

I am not unfamiliar with fanfiction, and thus I began my search for the recommended fics, and that is how I find this.

Your fic is beautiful. It gives me great pleasure to know that it is very much an epic, spanning chapters. Your prose feels very much like poetry, and it reminds me of beautiful skies and sunsets and the forests of the lotr world.

I have shed tears and curbed my laughter from this, and I have spent much of this day reading this story from start to end.

I hope it pleases you to know that this has become a favorite, and would gladly share this treasure to my closest friends.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Yours,
Jade
RandomWiseCracks chapter 20 . 11/29/2014
I love you story so much but I seriously cried when Aragron rejected Legolas (I am such a cry baby when it comes to books and movies)
Guest chapter 20 . 10/9/2014
It was so well written! Wish there are more writers like you.
utopianvisonary chapter 10 . 8/6/2014
FYI Legolas is over 2000
Guest chapter 20 . 7/16/2014
I loved this story. It was accurate and succinct. Not only that, it was grammatically accurate. ..I see wayy too many fics with 200 chapters, little content and horrendous wording. You made a true tale out of this in 20 chapters with rich content and intricate wording. Originally, I was against LOTR slash because it felt like Tolkien was rolling over in his grave somewhere, but it's pieces like this that make me see past it. Really beautifully written.
Outre-tombe chapter 20 . 6/15/2014
Hi there !
Well congratulation for this wonderful fiction. I read it in one shot, and I love it beyond belief.
I got attached to these characters, their personality, their love to each other. And all this has only been possible thanks to the quality of your writing. I am French so english is not my mother language (I shall apologize for the mistakes you'll surely find in this review), though I immersed myself so easily and with so much pleasure in this whole world you reinvented.
I must admit however, that I got frustrated numerous of time along the story. Shit how I wanted to slap them in the face screaming "Fuck, will you be happy god dammit" ahaha. But the ending was worth waiting :D

Thank you again for this delightful gift you offered us :)
All the best
Enki.
The-Perks-of-Being-a-Lesbian chapter 10 . 6/15/2014
AHHHH! ADORABLE.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
it's really beautiful
Delasya chapter 20 . 5/4/2014
Hi !
I just discovered this story, three days ago, and I can say : I loved read every single word you wrote !
Even if I had some difficulties to understand some words, because I'm French so English is not my first language, I really loved it. You succeeded to make me cry, about three times if I remember... Or perhaps four, yes, four, ahah. And I have to admit that I cry only when I am really "in" the story, so... You've done a great job.
Your writing style is amazing, and I can just say : don't stop to make us dream !
In conclusion : Bravo ! Je suis fan, et j'ai ajouté cette histoire à mes favoris :)
Dela
contest4jen chapter 20 . 3/20/2014
This was beautiful! It was cute and funny and heartbreaking and brilliant!