Reviews for Martyr
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Absolutely stunning piece of work you have here...Definitely going into my favourites.
The Daimyo chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I meant second, sorry. My brain is not functioning today.
The Daimyo chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
In August 2006 you won First Place for Best Romance (Alternate Pairing) from the Feudal Association. At that point in time all we had to offer you was a text based award image. We now have an actual award image to offer you. Within the next month, please retrieve your image from here: We are sorry that it took us so long to get you a proper image, but at least we can properly honor you now. Congratulations.

The Daimyo

Owner of the Feudal Association
Dark Avenger chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Your story has won an award from the Feudal Association!

Your award can be found here -

feudalassociation.

The Feudal Association is a group that presents awards to fanfiction and fanart in the InuYasha Fandom several times a year.

Our official website can be found here -

feudalassociation.

And our Yahoo Group, where the nominations and voting occurs can be found here -

groups.

The Daimyo

Owner of the Feudal Association
cadkitten chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Congratulations, this story has been nominated for Best Oneshot Fiction at the Feudal Association. Voting continues until the 22nd of September and membership to the group is open! Feel Free to join us!

groups.

feudalassociation.

Dark Avenger (aka The Daimyo)
Amara Anon chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Another creative pairing from you, and you make it work. Keep up the good work.
VforVendetta34 chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Beautiful... just... Beautiful.. T_T
Lucinda the Maid chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
((jawdrop)) How... did you do that? Goodness, I think my brain has been rendered incapable of thinking. I don't think I have the vocabulary to express just how much I liked this. Wow...

First off, the summary in itself caught my eye right away; of all of the story alerts I had in my inbox, I clicked this one first just for the pairing. Not many fics look into Midoriko, and even fewer Hakurei, and seeing them paired together seemed impossible. However, I'm never one to pass up a good alternative pairing, especially such a creative one as this; I'm glad I chose to read it.

You did a wonderful job working themes into your story. I've come to hate hollow fics since I've joined this website, and yours had enough symbolism and hidden meaning to satisfy me. I saw right away how Midoriko could be considered a selfish person; Hakurei took a while for me, but the dialogue helped along their shared despair. Speaking of which, nice job portraying formality in their words; I could almost hear the "miko-sama"'s and "houshi-dono"'s.

I also liked how the entire fanfiction was fairly understated; there were many oppertunities where I had to read between the lines. Such was the case in the scene where Hakurei battled the moth, to point out a specific example.

Favorite lines had to have been these:

"Midoriko's eyes are filled with sorrows that dance out of sight, only to show a glimmer of themselves for a brief moment, dancing behind the veil of her eyes.

And he is slowly seduced by the dance."

Again: wow. The entire story, as a matter of fact, merits a nod of approval at the very least, for the pairing alone. But to find a fic as rare as this that's so well-written AND lacks grammatical errors? This may very well be a first. Thank you so much for this story. ((performs the aforementioned nod of approval))