Reviews for From Elphaba to Fae: The Lost Years
PrincessKadenceOfMusic chapter 10 . 5/30/2012
I noticed immidiantly that Yackle calls Elphaba "Dearie". Elphaba later calls Fiyero the exact same thing. "When I do disapear again, Dearie, I'll surely be less real then I am now" (Maguire 200). I don't know if that was purposely done or not, but it made me think.
PrincessKadenceOfMusic chapter 17 . 5/30/2012
This is quite possibly the best story I've read on here. However, how do you pronounce both the boys' names? I've been saying "Maddy-Ken" and "Gennocide" and I doubt either of those are right.
UnlimitedDream90 chapter 17 . 3/12/2012
I think I went through half a box of tissues just with the last two chapters. The funny thing is I wrote a rough draft of a story that is erily simular to this. Yet, now that I have stumbled upon this, it will remain a draft because I will be constantly comparing it to this tragically, beautiful, bittersweet story. One of the best fanfics I have read.
Eldria25 chapter 17 . 12/23/2010
I don't review very often but I had to tell you how AWESOME your story was. I'm still in tears as I write this review!
Snakequeen-in-Norway chapter 17 . 2/4/2010
So, I read this for the 1st time ages ago, way before I actually got into fanfic at all. I don't remember where I found it, but it wasn't on , but I know it was this one. Ever since then this has been imbedded in my head as what happened during those missing 5 years. Whenever I think about the Wicked book (which is probably more often than I ought to...hehe) I just automatically insert your story to fill that gap of what happened. It fit perfectly. When I read A Lion Among Men I had to keep reminding myself that to Gregory Maguire your fic isn't necesarily what happened during those 5 years. So, basically, I love your fic and it has become part of the Wicked world for me (and you don;t even want to know how obsessed I've been with Wicked). Thanks :)
TheWitch'sCat chapter 17 . 10/13/2009
Wow...that was devestatingly, but appropriately, sad. After all, something had to happen. I am usually a die-hard Fiyeraba fan, but I'm also old enough to know that the heart is fickle. She could, in fact, have loved someone else as much as she loved Fiyero, maybe more. I think the most interesting thing about this story is that it proposes the idea that her affair with Fiyero was a secondary romance. That is a pretty unique idea. It's fascinating to me to consider the idea that Fiyero might have been just a distraction to help her heal from her first, true love. After all, one never forgets their first. I think the only thing I would have added to this story would have been the chance to know Madikien better. It might help those stubborn Fiyeraba fans to love him if more of him were revealed, his past, his decision to work for the wizard, his scars, his strengths and weaknesses...why he saw Elphie as beautiful when no one else did.

This whole story makes me look at the affair from the book in a different way. And it explains why Elphaba would have been so devestated when Fiyero dies. Because it happened to her again. Much kudos.

I hope you're enjoying black and white. It definitely takes a darker, different perspective, but accomplishes the same goal. Explain the scar, explain her pain.

I'll have to check out another story now.

Cat
ElphabaForLife chapter 17 . 8/22/2007
Hi! i have only just found your story on Elphaba! Can i just say! You got me hooked on it! It is amazing. I did cry at the end! It was so sad, and poor Elphie! At the moment i truely hate Yackle! I also have only just registered on this just so that i could tell how much i actually enjoyed it! Wicked is my favourite book of all times and Elphaba is of course my favourite character as well as hero! I love her! She is amazing and you told her story just brilliantly! it also made Wicked more understandable, i had all those questions that you said at the beginning, always going through my head and now with what you have wrote it seems more complete! i thank you! if you have done any other stories like this one could you please get back to me? I would REALLY apreciate it! Thanks again! ElphabaForLife xox
Meltalviel chapter 17 . 1/23/2007
Aie, I'll never pass judgement again.

I was /really/ reluctant to read this story at first, as I have a huge Fiyeraba complex (and not ashamed to admit it), but I was running thin of good stories to read (I've really been busy lately), and decided, hey, why not, the rest of your stories are wonderful.

I'm so glad I did. It was- dare I say it?- refreshing to see Elphaba with someone other than Fiyero for a change (but not too long :P), and Madikien was so easy to love. It was extremely painful to read his passing, for feelings of empathy for Elphaba and sorrow for Madikien.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I really liked this story; thanks for writing an amazing non-Fiyeraba story, I guess? :P
omg.it's.wickedjelly chapter 17 . 12/2/2006
Oh gosh, you were right; this one IS really good! Your best writing. I...I...well, basically, good job. For making people really cry.
ImNotThatGirl chapter 17 . 11/27/2006
Im a HUGE Elphaba/Fiyero fan but i absolutely loved this story

it actually fit perfectly with the book and answered many questions that lets me guessing at while reading

Good Job :)

Definately adding as a favorite
Erikssecretlover chapter 17 . 10/9/2006
I'm crying...that was so sad(the last chapter)...i didn't want him to die :(
The Phantom's Muse chapter 17 . 9/14/2006
OMG! This story was awesome! And I am BAWLING my eyes out right now! *grabs a whole box of tissue* Yackle is such a...GRR! There aren't enough evil words in the English language to describe her. Oh, poor Elphaba! Although I am glad that he heard her say 'I Love You'. *cries some more* This was excellent! Everytime I need a good cry I'll read the story again. *sniffs*
SurprizeSurprize457 chapter 17 . 9/9/2006
OMG I just read this story through. It was so sad... I can't remember the last time I cried in front of someone or even admitted to crying but this is different I'm like so crying right now you have no idea. Not only is this a sad story it touches a special place in your heart. Thank You!
Lyra36 chapter 17 . 8/28/2006
I don't cry easily, but if I did, I'm sure I would be. I really felt for Elphie and Madikien. Yackle was so terrible. The emotions were conveyed wonderfully.
Kuna88 chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
This story did make me cry...and I never cry when I read...and almost never for pairings when someone makes up one of the characters. But this one was amazing, I keep thinking about it. It was really good, I really loved it