Reviews for Broken Bonds
tbwriter chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
More more more! I have to know when he meets Xerxes, and what his present self does to punish...or forgive...his familiar.
boyxboyislove chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I hope you update this soon O_ O ; I'm interested in Iago's fate.
Renelie89 chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Wow. Wow wow wow. This is such a unique and interesting perspective! There aren't many stories that go into the relationships of Jafar/Iago and Mozenrath/Xerxes. And your writing is brilliant, it completely drew me in! It would be great if you could continue, if you can. :)
Essence-of-Dreamz chapter 3 . 10/4/2009
I love this story! The telling of the familiars and their masters and how they came to be is really intriguing. Iago's my favorite character, so this makes me like this fic alot more. )

I would love it if you would update! I want to see what happens with Iago...It's a shame if you leave it here.
TheRedSparrow chapter 4 . 10/20/2008

I really enjoy your work on this story. But I'd like it more if you updated. _;

It's cool to read someones idea of how Mozenrath became what he is. Keep up the good work!

Sparrow
TT chapter 4 . 3/3/2008
So much time has pasted, and yet I still keep hoping you'll continue these tales. I want to know what happens next with Iago!
Cantare chapter 4 . 12/5/2007
This is an amazing story. I noticed that you haven't updated for a year. What a place to leave the reader hanging. I would dispute the "T" rating based on this chapter :)

I happen to be in the middle of my own Mozenrath fic right now, though his life story is sandwiched in between a larger arc of a tale narrated by Jasmine. But I don't think mine is as dark as yours. I like the story that you tell, especially all the descriptions of the magic he had to learn and how his personality developed until he became the person we saw in the series.

I hope that you do decide to continue this story!
dth1971 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
What are Aladdin's Broken Bonds like?
LordNegaduck chapter 4 . 8/8/2007
Unlike his other fellow slaves and Roman masters, at least he was able to survive to swallowing of the black sand. Lucky for Mozes, Destane made him an offer he couldn't refuse, become his protege or else rot in this slimey dungeon. It seems Mozes really caught on to the spells and magic that Destane had taught him, but it did come with a heavy price. Mozes had to endure constant beatings if he didn't get something right, and he also had to put up with Destane's desire for Mozes at night.

Mozes seems to be a very intelligent wizard, and brave as well. You really have to feel sorry for him at times. But everytime Destane shows a wee independence, Destane has to break him, to let Mozes know that he is still his master. I can't imagine the pain he felt as he saw his girlfriend and her family be destroyed by Destane and worse, he made Mozes do the dirty work himself.

What a cliff hanger! I can't wait to see what happens to Mozes next!

This is a great story, and like I said before, I have never watched the Alladdin cartoon series, but with since your story is so descriptive of all the characters, I felt like I have watched the series for years.

Oh, I really did enjoyed this story
LordNegaduck chapter 3 . 7/19/2007
Wow! That was certainly one powerful chapter there! I felt so sorry for Mozes' mother and the events that took place that caused an unwanted pregancy, and for this poor girl to go from riches to literally rags. Not only did her father totally disown her for something that was not her fault, but she was also an outcast from society as well. Unfortunately, the child got the brunt of her hatred from his mother.

Whether she realized it or not, she actually did the child a favour by selling him to the Roman Empire for they took better care of him (he was property) and at least he no longer had to eat from garbage cans. Wow, that was one powerful scene at the end! Again, his life was spared by that run away camel and a couple of lazy co-slaves.

I can tell you really did a lot of time and research into this story. Great job!
LordNegaduck chapter 2 . 7/1/2007
That was a great and very descriptive chapter. This is my first time being introduced to Alladin, and I feel like I already know the characters! Your story is very well detailed and descriptive.

Poor Iago, now that he was caught sneaking into the room with the potions, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Excellent Job, and I can't wait to read on!
LordNegaduck chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Wow! That's a most excellent beginning to a great story! I can't imagine the fear in that wee birdie's mind as fire was being rained down on him from his master. But, he did come out of it without one feather being singed, and now it appears that he has some powers!

Can't wait to read on about Iago's adventures!
LuckyDuck29 chapter 4 . 6/21/2007
Hi. I know I said I’d send this review before I went to bed last night, but I had a busy day yesterday and was very tired, so I couldn’t stay awake long enough to finish the chapter. So here’s my feedback.

“The man needs to get out more and find a hobby.” Moses has a bit of a sense of humor.

Were you thinking of the cruciatus curse when you wrote that pain scene with Destane and Moses?

When I first read about how Mozenrath had punished Destane, I thought, “what could this poor man have done to deserve that?” Now I understand, and I think all rapists, murderers and especially child molester’s should suffer the same fate.

“How low would the man go?” I would consider rape much lower than lying, but maybe that’s just me. It’s not right to lie, but rape is even worse, in my opinion, than murder.

I knew Destane wouldn’t let Camilla and her family live once Moses taught them to read.

I like that comment about hurting in the brains department.

I’ve been cliffhangered! I have to know what happens with the gauntlet and Moses and the jackal pup, and with poor Iago!

As I told you on DA, I haven’t seen the TV series, or the sequels, only the original Aladin movie. But this story has me wondering and wanting more. I’m going to put it on my alerts list now. See you on DA.
LuckyDuck29 chapter 3 . 6/20/2007
I'm ashamed to admit that my first thought when I was reading about Mozenrath's mother was that if she didn't want a child she shouldn't have had sex. To my credit though, I only thought about it for about a second before it occurred to me that she may have been raped, and then my second thought was confirmed.

That poor woman! But regardless of how horrible his conception was, there is never an excuse to mistreat a child, ever! There are so many people who have had hard lives and don't turn into abusive monsters because of it!

Naming him Moses was the first in a long line of cruelties heaped on him by his own mother; it's an ironic joke, baby Moses from the Bible was a prince who was wanted by his mother, but she was not able to keep him because he would have been killed. This Moses was never wanted and his mother would have been glad if he'd been killed.

What a horrible death for those men in the desert!
LuckyDuck29 chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Wow! Perfect place for a clifhanger! I'm kind of hypocritical about those because I hate clifhangers, but there are at least three spots where I leave them in my own stories. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Iago! I'm glad he finally told someone.