Reviews for Scars
RainFlame chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
This was an excellent piece of fan fiction :) I remember stumbling across it a few years ago before I had an account, and was thrilled when I found it again.

You conveyed Squall's relationship with his father so well, and everyone was perfectly in character. I couldn't stop reading it once I started, even if it was the second time.

This will definitely be added as a favorite :)
floutistvivi chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
i love this story!
angel-kamui chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Wow! Everything about this story is excellent! I'm really glad I came across it. Is so deep and you portrayed all the characters so well. Of all the FF8 stories I have read, this has been the best! I'm speechless! I'm definitely saving this one in my computer files so I can read it whenever I want to (believe me, I will be reading this story often).
Tamaki chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
It's a shame for no matter who he decided to save first, he would blame himself first. Whether he decided to save Ellone first or Rinoa, one would die, and he would blame himself. It's nice to see he's realized this and [hopefully, in sometime] ends up forgiving himself. But, knowing him, he may not. Though he may acknowledge and live on [as stated in fic], he won't forget, eh?

Good story [sir, ma'am?]! I appreciate very much your stories, and love how they play out. It's also nice to see how well you portray that characters- it was nice to see the character development/interaction with Laguna and Squall too.

Yet again, wonderful story, and I can't wait to read all the 30 fics you've wrote! [And hopefully with luck, I'll review to the following ones coming up].

-Tamaki-

PS It was nice to hear Laguna coming in with his machine gun, I suppose it gave me a sense of nostalgic back in the dream sequences when you fought as Laguna. It was nice to see him do something/ fight.
Itavita chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I surely hope this story isn't finished. So far it's been beyond wonderful and exciting, and I'm wondering how Squall and Laguna will fair from this point on.

Beautifully written and definately captivating - I wouldn't mind reading through it again.
irishais chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This was beautiful, bitter, heartwrenching, and one of the most outstanding pieces of work I've read on this site to date. You've actually captured the relationship balance between Laguna and Squall that no one tries for; the fact that Squall's been alone for so long that he doesn't WANT to have a family because he doesn't understand it at all.

The imagery is powerful, rich; the violence is there when it needs to be, and greatly heightens the portrayal of that moment between Cray and Squall. Your dialog is rich and full, your Quistis is written absolutely PERFECTLY, and that moment where Laguna is yelling at Squall and forgiving him in the same breath is absolutely beautifully rendered.

This is simply brilliant. There's nothing else I can say.
Kokari chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
i enjoyed this, the plot was good and so was the grammar!
highjynx chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Wow, just wow. This is beautifully written, you've really fleshed out Squall and Laguna. What I especially like about this fic is the depth of emotions it has. This is angst, but it's seriously *good* angst, which is something that is hard to find anywhere since most angst fics (especially here) are overly dramatic and immature. Job well done indeed.
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
This story is so incredible. Their's so much emotion expressed, plenty of action,drama, and selfless love. This one is a winner all the way. I was never bored all the way through. I'll be looking for your work. Keep it up!
DB2020 chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
0_0

That was insanely good. I was couldn't stop reading. It was heavy and meaningful, with such great characterizations. It left room for so much to be wanted while still accomplishing so much already. I don't know if it's a oneshot, I hope it's not... I'd absolutely love to read more. You're a great writer.
Queen000 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
OMG...I had to check your bio to figure out whether or not this was a one-shot.

There's so much I want to know about the nine months previously; when Ellone was killed and Rinoa was nearly killed.

Wow...as always, you have provent just how wonder an author you truly are.

I wonder what his decision will be when it comes to Laguna. Like Squall was caught between both revenge and forgiveness, I am caught between love and hate towards the way you ended this story. I love it because it leaves the true ending of the story to the readers' imagination, but i hate it because something feels left undone. It's perfect yet flawed, if that makes any sense to you.

I have nothing more to say... i'm left speechless.

hopefully, you'll post something along these lines in the future. Squall angst is one of my favourite things to read...just as long as it doesn't turn into anything outside of Squinoa. :P

ciao *waves*

Queen
celeste9 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
This was a tremendous story. The way you worked in revealing what happened to Ellone along with Squall's feelings, and the way Laguna was so helpless in figuring out what he should do, how he could be a father again after so many years.
KMSaum chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
My God almighty, I am dead. DEAD! Why did I not find your writing before now? If "Scars" is any teller of how well yoiu write, you are going to be stuck with my reviews for a LONG time. This was AWESOME- I am so picky, too-but this made me whimper sna squeal and twitch helplessly b/c there is simply no other way to react to writing this damn GOOD! GREAT FIC! I cannot WAIT to read more of your work. Thank you for making my day with an amazing piece of writing, about two of my favorite characters of all time. I hope my FF8 fanfic is a tenth as good as this! Kudos!

-K-

ps-you get fave EVERYTHING for thisfic!
Mark chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Very well written. Some original ideas. Perhaps you should consider a sequel or prequel to this story. Keep writing. You rock!
Griever5 chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
This is awesome. I love the descriptions and the motion of the fic. Amazing. Poor Squall. hope you write more! Sorry for the lame review. D