Reviews for Resilience of the Soul
AnimeCrazed121 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
That was a wonderful ending.
I love that you dedicated the very end to Linca, the one who ultimately saved Chihiro and her baby.

It makes me sad that I wasn't able to be there through the time that it took for you to write this story. I know I would have liked to see the growth and improvement in all of your progress.

All the same, I still can't explain the impact of your story on me, it is a sad problem that plagues me after every story that was obviously slaved over for an innumerable ammount of months. It shows that you worked very hard to create such a masterpiece. The only mistakes I could find we're grammatical and it would take far more than that to ruin this story.

A couple outstanding details were the character development. It was undoubtably the best part of the whole adventure. At first I was worried about how everything would come together since Chihiro's parents would obviously not believe her, and Haku's river was now gone in the human world but all of the new details made so much sense! I was so relieved.

It was sad but necessary for Chihiro to go through all of the trauma that she did, it was horrible but now I'm glad that Linka was always there to watch over her.

The parts that brought out the most emotion in me were undoubtably the relationship build-up between Haku and Chihiro. They went through so much together, all of the trial and error and experimentation with each other built such a solid love and dependency between them. I was happy at how fast she learned and accepted who he was during the mating and after.

I enjoyed your story so much. I wish everyone on FF, including me, had the creative talent that you do. I hope you choose to write more in the future. :)
Hummelf chapter 58 . 7/9/2012
Ahhh! Its awesome! You should write more! Maybe a one-shot about the child and her memories coming back:) You are the most brilliant Spirited Away writer ever;)
Poketto Nezumi chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I've been reading your trilogy since fall of last year but never really got the chance to review, sorry about that. I just wanted to say thank you so very much for finishing this story I've come to love. By the time I finished reading, there was only one more chapter to go, and I literally just couldn't take the waiting. I took it out on my friends who really didn't seem to appreciate it much. XD But because of all my fussing about when that last chapter was coming up, I've manage to get them to read your story, which they loved.

I love how you've weaved your plot line together which kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. You're a brilliant author with a complex and creative mind for writing such a wonderful story. I've come to love it so much that I've taken your ending as the real ending of Spirited Away. So thank you a million, billion, times for the time and effort you put into completing this story. I hope your novel gets publish soon; I'm looking forward to reading it!
SavedForever chapter 58 . 7/3/2012
I discovered your trilogy when you were just about done with Resilience of the Soul, but I never reviewed. Why? ...Cause I'm really lazy. But I was rewatching Spirited Away today and when it ended, I started thinking, "But then all that stuff that Velf wrote happened!" Made me realize that you truly deserve a review. I cannot explain how amazing this story is. It made me laugh, cry, dream, and ponder. It was a journey that I would never regret taking (okay, I'm getting really corny now...)

Basically, I wanted to thank you for writing your trilogy because without it, I would've thought Spirited Away ended with a sad ending. But your story is now the real ending to me, and I couldn't have wanted it any other way. Thank you so much!
Hallolo chapter 58 . 6/23/2012
Hello!

I am so sorry I really wanted to leave you a well rounded review for this trilogy, because it is truly amazing. However I stayed up all night long to read the last chapters, so I don't think I can do more than say more thn a huge thank you. This is one of the best trilogies ever.

Hallolo
Skryrssb chapter 58 . 6/22/2012
what can i say.. i'm truly indebted to you. for the wonderful story telling and for entertaining us until the very end. i am one of the many that has followed you for the past 8 years and I am glad you have come to a closure for the story. but i'm too, optimistic that an epilogue will follow suit. i hope that there will be a proper closure on our beloved couple, their daughter, scott, rin and even the bathhouse. what's another couple of months of patience since i made it through the whole 8 years, that's what i told myself. hopefully, just hopefully, i will read more of your work. good luck with your writing and yes, i will always keep an eye on your space. thank you again velf.
Shuuwai chapter 58 . 6/20/2012
To see it finally over... saddens me so much like I was like Harry Potter :(
Athy Arrow chapter 58 . 6/16/2012
i wanna meet Haku and Chihiro's daughter SOOO much!
bobell chapter 58 . 6/16/2012
I got chills reading this...I almost want to cry since its over. That sounds obsessive and borderline crazy but I've read this for two years...a 500 page novel casually takes me a couple hours and the "relationship" is over. Ive never taken so much time to read something and nothing has captured my attention and imagination so completely. You left the future open but assuming in such a perfect way, I dont think any story I have read has perfected an ending like you have which makes my consistant reading of these chapters so rewarding. Ill buy any book you publish. honest :P

ps. I am a bit of an artist who rarely is inspired to draw, but when I do, know you influenced me. Be it two hours or two years I'll draw you something haha
Sansho chapter 26 . 6/9/2012
I must say that I truly enjoy reading Kenshin's thoughts. I feel as if his character is molded after Miyazaki's lady Eboshi from "Princess Mononoke" - Not evil per say, but not good in the sense that it does not sit well with the protagonists's views. Miyazaki has an incredible ability to create dual characters; ones which are good - work towards a worthy cause, but their way of doing it deems them evil. You captured that ability magnificently! _

*runnig to continue reading :P*
neko girl chapter 7 . 6/2/2012
the term your looking for is beastiality. necrophiliac is someone who has intercourse with a dead body. just trying to clear up that misconception.
Aurora-16 chapter 58 . 5/24/2012
Wow...thats really all i can think to say...you are seriously probably one of the most talented writers i have ever had the privellege to read. I actually read indebted first after a good friend of mine told me how amazing effectivelly ruined all other fma fanfics for me much like you have with spirited away. Probbly one of the things i enjoyed the most was the fact you chose to write continutions, and not meddle in the original story. Also, you have amazing images in your writing and you are extremely adept at conveying emotions. I bawled when linca died. I really do hope you consider writing an epilogue as the final conclusion, however in the distant future it may be. Another story i would love to read would be about kisho and chis daughter. But i suppose i will content myself with imagining what will happen :) thanks so much for the amazing story. I look forward to indebted when you get around to it

Aurora-16
minaimo chapter 58 . 5/19/2012
hello, I just want to say that your writing in one in a million,though not as long as others, this trilogy has made me stick around a lot longer than I usually would, so thank for you wonderful story and I hopefully wait, with eagerness and great anticipation, for the epilogue you mentioned

*bows* _

-minaimo
the lady L chapter 58 . 5/10/2012
can you do a final wrap up with how chihiro and kohoku are doing? please with the other two of your story i had just hoped for a really good end for the two of them. but i have loved these stories greatly thank you for them
FruitySmell chapter 58 . 4/30/2012
Uhm, hello... -awkwardly fidgets and feels rather shy all of a sudden-. Uh, you may not know me because this is the first time I've actually left a review but I can explain! I watched Spirited Away for the first time last March of 2012, the night after my graduation actually (pathetic of me I know, since Spirited Away is just awesome and has been released around 2006? I'm not sure). Anyway, I was deeply captivated by the story and the characters! The background music was also divine and the animation was flawless! I was really craving for more, especially that the movie ended too soon for me (2 hours was not enough, I needed more!).

So I had a brilliant idea of looking for fan fictions here in this site and I found yours (which made me incredibly ecstatic). The way you write is just incredible, there's no other way to put it. I would have left a review on every chapter of your stories starting with Courage of the Spirit but unfortunately for me, my reviews for my licensure Exam coming this July started a day after my graduation. As such, I was not allowed by my parents to open the computer and do my "crazy stuff" because I have to study, study, and study.

But I was not easily discouraged for I have my phone and used it to access every 30-minute break time of my licensure review. I just finished all your stories today and had the "itch" to review, so I borrowed my classmate's laptop and wrote this.

I don't really know how to express my gratitude for words are not enough to describe my feelings. But let me start by saying, THANK YOU for writing such a fabulous and incredible piece. THANK YOU for satiating the fan girl within me who loves the idea of Haku and Chihiro ending up together. THANK YOU for being my stress reliever every break time after my very tiresome licensure reviews. Your stories have been a blessing to me and my stress-induced brain, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
3,361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »