Reviews for Resilience of the Soul
arch-nsha chapter 58 . 8/29/2012
Thank you.
Ravanyss chapter 25 . 8/16/2012
i was hoping this chapter would have something to do with chihiro and the baby
phantome101 chapter 58 . 8/14/2012
Thank you for the last chapter..would have loved to see an epilogue though..this chapter sort of gives the whole story a wide opening for more...
oneofthoselostsouls chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
No words of praise would do your work justice, but I'll try anyway ;) I love the way it is written; the tone, structure and content are perfect. I'm incredibly envious of the gift you have in making the reader feel the emotions of the characters - as I have no such gift (I tend to waffle when I write). I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any signs of your novel in the future, I know it will be brilliant.
indigocornflower chapter 58 . 7/28/2012
I've followed your stories for years now ever since I was an 8th grader and you had just completed Courage of the Spirit. I love Spirited Away, and your works have captured my heart one by one as my childhood progressed - finally seeing the culmination of your hard work has been bittersweet, as I've come to love your work so much and I'm so thankful for your dedication in finishing your work despite the long years and busy life, but yet I still feel so empty accepting the fact that your trilogy, one of the marks of my childhood, is most definitely over. Letting your stories and your characters go have also proved to be quite difficult for me as well.

I actually marathon-read all of your works again yesterday and today, as your updates in the past few years became quite spread-out over time and I started to forget what the story line was about. Your writing has changed and grown a lot since Courage of the Spirit, and I hope that you will continue to grow as a writer in your future endeavors!

I hope you will write that one-shot epilogue in the near future. Perhaps it could be turned into a 10-chapter epilogue, haha (just like how Enchantment of the Spirit first started out as an epilogue, hehe!).. *hopeful* There were still a lot of loose endings that have not been tied up with your final chapter, such as Scott's final decision, Chihiro's time through recovery, the unborn child, fate of Yubaba (quite sure she still had the life in her to escape after Kenshin had drained her), etc.

Regardless, eight years have definitely been a long time poured into one fanfiction trilogy, and it's understandable to want to move on with other aspects of life and writing. I will check back every now and then for that hoped-for epilogue, but I wish you success in all of your future endeavors. Thank you so much for your stories in the fanfiction realm of Spirited Away!
YoungAuthor1105 chapter 58 . 7/21/2012
I just finished reading this and read every story you've published. I always wanted to be a writer but I don't think it's possible for me. I've posted a story of my own on here but it's not finished yet, I wish I had some talent!
laurelinwen chapter 15 . 7/18/2012
I'm loving the story, but really hope that poor Scott doesn't get tortured. Also, "wondering" should be "wandering." not to be a snob.
GuiltyFandoms chapter 58 . 7/15/2012
I just want you to know I openly cried when Linca died. Now the skin under my eyes is sore from the salt water drying there. She was my favorite character out of this story. And that bit with Linca's wing... Ugh my heart actually hurts a little from it. I feel this need to go back and reread all the best parts with her, though I know it'll only make me sad again.

Wish I had more to say about the rest of this story. It's certainly amazing enough but, really I just can't forget about Linca. Pretty crazy you created this character that I desperately wish I could have met.
Dolphin0150 chapter 58 . 7/13/2012
OMG months later and im finally got up to finishing your story...took a bit to figure out where i left off though...very good job...even though it would be cool to hear Chi's story on getting her memories back but that's just me.
AnimeCrazed121 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
That was a wonderful ending.
I love that you dedicated the very end to Linca, the one who ultimately saved Chihiro and her baby.

It makes me sad that I wasn't able to be there through the time that it took for you to write this story. I know I would have liked to see the growth and improvement in all of your progress.

All the same, I still can't explain the impact of your story on me, it is a sad problem that plagues me after every story that was obviously slaved over for an innumerable ammount of months. It shows that you worked very hard to create such a masterpiece. The only mistakes I could find we're grammatical and it would take far more than that to ruin this story.

A couple outstanding details were the character development. It was undoubtably the best part of the whole adventure. At first I was worried about how everything would come together since Chihiro's parents would obviously not believe her, and Haku's river was now gone in the human world but all of the new details made so much sense! I was so relieved.

It was sad but necessary for Chihiro to go through all of the trauma that she did, it was horrible but now I'm glad that Linka was always there to watch over her.

The parts that brought out the most emotion in me were undoubtably the relationship build-up between Haku and Chihiro. They went through so much together, all of the trial and error and experimentation with each other built such a solid love and dependency between them. I was happy at how fast she learned and accepted who he was during the mating and after.

I enjoyed your story so much. I wish everyone on FF, including me, had the creative talent that you do. I hope you choose to write more in the future. :)
rissq chapter 58 . 7/9/2012
Ahhh! Its awesome! You should write more! Maybe a one-shot about the child and her memories coming back:) You are the most brilliant Spirited Away writer ever;)
91n chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I've been reading your trilogy since fall of last year but never really got the chance to review, sorry about that. I just wanted to say thank you so very much for finishing this story I've come to love. By the time I finished reading, there was only one more chapter to go, and I literally just couldn't take the waiting. I took it out on my friends who really didn't seem to appreciate it much. XD But because of all my fussing about when that last chapter was coming up, I've manage to get them to read your story, which they loved.

I love how you've weaved your plot line together which kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. You're a brilliant author with a complex and creative mind for writing such a wonderful story. I've come to love it so much that I've taken your ending as the real ending of Spirited Away. So thank you a million, billion, times for the time and effort you put into completing this story. I hope your novel gets publish soon; I'm looking forward to reading it!
SavedForever chapter 58 . 7/3/2012
I discovered your trilogy when you were just about done with Resilience of the Soul, but I never reviewed. Why? ...Cause I'm really lazy. But I was rewatching Spirited Away today and when it ended, I started thinking, "But then all that stuff that Velf wrote happened!" Made me realize that you truly deserve a review. I cannot explain how amazing this story is. It made me laugh, cry, dream, and ponder. It was a journey that I would never regret taking (okay, I'm getting really corny now...)

Basically, I wanted to thank you for writing your trilogy because without it, I would've thought Spirited Away ended with a sad ending. But your story is now the real ending to me, and I couldn't have wanted it any other way. Thank you so much!
Hallolo chapter 58 . 6/23/2012
Hello!

I am so sorry I really wanted to leave you a well rounded review for this trilogy, because it is truly amazing. However I stayed up all night long to read the last chapters, so I don't think I can do more than say more thn a huge thank you. This is one of the best trilogies ever.

Hallolo
Skryrssb chapter 58 . 6/22/2012
what can i say.. i'm truly indebted to you. for the wonderful story telling and for entertaining us until the very end. i am one of the many that has followed you for the past 8 years and I am glad you have come to a closure for the story. but i'm too, optimistic that an epilogue will follow suit. i hope that there will be a proper closure on our beloved couple, their daughter, scott, rin and even the bathhouse. what's another couple of months of patience since i made it through the whole 8 years, that's what i told myself. hopefully, just hopefully, i will read more of your work. good luck with your writing and yes, i will always keep an eye on your space. thank you again velf.
3,370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »