Reviews for Resilience of the Soul
Shigome chapter 58 . 4/17/2014
In the last...week? I can't even remember when I started reading Courage of the Spirit now, but it must have been within a week. I read all three stories. There were times I felt Haku and Chihiro were OOC, but as the story progressed I can understand the way they were represented and felt the happy fangirl within me smile at them when they had their moments. Well done. In comparison to many other fanfic writers, you pulled me in quite strongly and impressed me with such a well-planned, drawn out story and execution of such.

I will not lie, like other reviewers/fans, that the ending left me unsatisfied. I still feel like there are a tad too many loose endings that could be fulfilled in one last installment. I DO understand the artistry in leaving it the way it is. It's very parallel to the ending in Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away, but I was hoping for more sweet and tender fluff without so much anguish and angst dashed and peppered on top of it.

Clearly (at least I would like to believe) you are hinting Chihiro DOES regain her memories, since more and more slowly seem to be breaking the surface, especially when she has contact with Haku.

I also wasn't sure how to feel about Haku becoming the new Guardian of the Rift. Some say it suits him which, I can come to terms to understand that point of view. Though personally I can't say that am a hundred percent approving of it. Again, if you showed us more of an epilogue of how their relationship and lives progressed, perhaps I would be more settled on the idea.

Gah, so many more things I think I want to say about everything. Your story stirred many emotions within me - don't doubt that. The pain you expressed through Haku was quite palpable. Particularly in Resilience when he realized Chihiro did not remember/no longer know him and let out that despairing howl that Kenshin had heard. That was quite heart wrenching.

I really do wish and YEARN for a continuation/epilogue. I want to see a wrap up of Haku and Chihiro's life, even if it's only a very long, single chapter. I long for the sweet fluff and tender love they had when they finally admitted their love for each other and mated, as well as the tender familial love they will have with their soon-to-be(?) born daughter. We don't even get to really meet her, which is such a crying shame! At least give us a glimpse of their future! You even hinted they would have more children later on (which would not be surprising with those two) from the old man Arron.

If I had known the story would end like this I would have stopped reading after Courage of the Spirit. *sniffs*
I would have had a less tortured heart to deal with! *shakes fist now*
Please, if you do find time, just throw us a bone of an epilogue. Even a small fish bone could do.

I still don't regret reading your trilogy. I have hopes, again, for a final continuation of this story.
- Shigome 3
jazz chapter 27 . 4/5/2014
How far along is she
jazz chapter 23 . 4/5/2014
I'm getting bored each day is the same
DandelionsxFran chapter 58 . 4/2/2014
Hello Velf!
Just like to say that I've reread this entire series at least five times and it still hits me as hard as the first. It's been two years since resilience of the soul ended. I'd die to have a small teeny tiny epilogue of some sort just to give us some more feels and fluff and I'd just really love to know if Chihiro ever got her memory back.
I know I've said this before in other reviews I've left here but I love your characters so much. Linca and the Lady especially. Well obviously Haku and Chihiro too. And Scott. And Rin. And Zeniba. I love what you have done with them and have given them logical storylines. No matter what, this is my favourite Spirited Away fanfic. It always will be!
Even if you never write anything else for Spirited Away I'm still going to reread this forever.

I wish you well,
Francesca
(DandelionsxFran on twitter)
Jamelia098 chapter 58 . 3/24/2014
It was ok, I liked the first two better :)
angel56277 chapter 58 . 3/14/2014
Words cannot describe how immersed I was in reading all your Spirited Away fan fiction. I believe I'm more upset that I've finished reading it all, and I can't help but associate the movie with the series of stories from now on - I must say, I enjoyed it immensely. I really connected with all the characters and how you portrayed them, along with the plot (of course) from the early beginning to the bitter sweet ending. Absolutely love it
Revellyn chapter 58 . 3/1/2014
It has been a rollercoaster of an epic journey. Equally as evident is the growth in your storytelling abilities. I have enjoyed the adventure, the romance and the growing up of all the characters involved. Although you have tried to tie up as many loose ties as possible, there are still many more and perhaps that is intentional.

Thank you for the effort and the love that you have poured into this saga. Your readers treasure and appreciate it.
jubballama chapter 58 . 2/28/2014
I have managed to get through this trilogy in about a day and a half and I've loved every second of it, you've truly managed capture everything I could ever want in spirited away fan fiction! Youre a tuly amazing writer, and I've never been so engulfed in a story and I'm left feeling a little sad to have gotten to the end so quickly.
I have no idea what do now I feel so attached!
Thank you for this amazing contribution :)
Ephemeral Stream chapter 56 . 2/8/2014
I always feel inmensely sad when I read this, knowing that even though Chihiro came back to Haku it wouldn't be the same. We were shown just how much Haku loved her and would give up everything for her and I cannot imagine the agony of losing not only her, but her memories of him. I feel so bad for him, I really do. Haku will always sacrifice himself for her and do whatever it takes to make her happy and it is just devastating that she doesn't remember him.
bookmaniac chapter 25 . 1/2/2014
"The three stories Velf has written will take you on a beautiful, heart wrenching, exciting, and mind-blowing journey that will teach readers the real essence of the meaning of the soul itself. Velf, you are blessed with talent."

Yours,
bookmaniac
Beyond Forgetting chapter 58 . 1/1/2014
I JUST WANT TO GET THE CREEPS OUT OF YOU! YOU ARE COMPLETELY EXCELLENT IN WRITING THIS! Just like others, I finished your trilogy in just 3 days! I was not really in the real world, I feel like I'm bound to another world. I'm really happy that I have read this fan fic. You're a genius.

ANYWAY, I'M SOOOOOO FREAAAAKING SAD ABOUT THE ENDING, KNOWING THAT CHIHIRO'S MEMORIES NEVER RETURN, LIVING HAKU SO HEART BROKEN. YOU DID MAKE ME CRY THE HELL OUT OF ME. I WAS CRYING WHILE I READ SOME PARTS OF THE STORY. NO ONE MADE ME FEEL THIS YET. T.T

"I still don't remember you, I mean, I don't remember loving you at all .."

WHAT THE HECK. IT REALLY MADE MY WORLD SHATTERED INTO PIECES.

PLEASE WRITE AN EPILOGUE. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS BUT, MY MIND WILL NOT BE IN PEACE FOR A FEW DAYS TO RECOVER FOR YOUR STORY.

I hope you will receive your readers' request. I'm worried because your last update was February 12, 2012. It will be almost two years without going to ff. PLEASE WRITE A SEQUEL OR EPILOGUE AND MAKE OUR MINDS IN PEACE AGAIN.

(Sorry for the overflowing emotions. That means, your story really captured my emotions, making your story the best for me, so far.)
horsegirl275 chapter 58 . 12/30/2013
I just don't know what to say...This is truly amazing. You have truly ruined me for all other Spirited Away fanfics. I've grown to love all of these characters, you are an amazing writer, and your plot and ideas are so unique and amazing. It felt like I was reading a published book, not a FF. Indeed, if this was a book, it would be one of my favorites. As it is, this is one of my top FFs. There aren't words to describe this, really. I do hope you write an epilogue someday soon, I feel like there are still some loose ends that need to be tied up. I really hope Chihiro gets her memory back! Maybe just a one shot looking back on everything to answer the last few questions :) Such as Chihiro's memory, parents, Rin, the 2nd mating, her daughter, does her daughter and the Lady's son really mate, how does Haku deal with a bathouse, Chihiro, and his river, Meeka, Yubaba, the rift, and everything else. Truly amazing work, I take my hat off to you :)
archangelBBQ chapter 58 . 12/30/2013
Wow.. all I can say is wow. You are a masterful storyteller! I read your trilogy in the span of a couple days and it has been an exhilarating experience. I am so happy to have reached the end but also sad for the same reason!

One thing I loved about the last installment of the trilogy was Kenshin... for sure he was a complicated villain. I felt sorry for him and agreed with him even when I hated him for tormenting Haku and Chihiro. The strained relationship with his mother was heartbreaking, especially when she grieved him when he died.

The love story between Haku and Chihiro was really beautiful. I didn't empathize with Chihiro much in the first part of the trilogy, but by the end I really loved her. Turning Haku into the new rift God was completely unexpected but terribly fitting! I really loved Meeka/Mika in part II but she didn't have much of a part to play in the end. The Lady and Kisho were also more and more intriguing as you developed the story. Another one of my favorite characters was definitely Linca. We had to wait a while to hear her story though! ;) She really was an amazing character, and her death was so tragic but at the same time a bit joyful, passing along what she had to her beloved sister. Scott and Rin and Nygel as the rest of the travelers were great fun. I really loved the Nygel and his playful attitude. I also kind of like that the ending to the Scott/Rin storyline was left a bit ambiguous.

Your writing really made me feel as if I had descended into another world. The level of detail and thought that went into this story is amazing. I was really completely immersed in your story... it will take a couple days I fear to return to the real world. A truly amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Firerosemon chapter 58 . 12/29/2013
That fic was amazing uwu
I feel a little unsatisfied when it comes to Chihiro and Haku's ending but okay.
Thank you for writing this! It's nearly 3am and wow that was such a journey.
Silverblueroses chapter 58 . 12/27/2013
I just read the whole trilogy and must say that this is the BEST spirited away fanfic I have ever read. I loved every single moment of it. I guess I was kind of disappointed when I finished because I was expecting a little more...
I guess I expected an epilogue of chihiro with Haku and their daughter, just like a family fluff moment. Still a really well written story. I woke up at 5:30 today determined to finished, now two and a half hours later, I have succeeded.
I'll be rereading this someday-multiple times. :)
3,363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »