Reviews for A Bedtime Story
Ah, Trory
Queen Tigeress chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
i reaslly liked this!
Alenor chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
lol, great ficlet, cya later.
LoVe23 chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
This was so cute! I loved it! :)
controversy-queen chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Loved the one shot with Tristan and Ella...would you consider a one shot with Tristan and Ella and Rory coping with her pregnancy or with some Jake in it when he was baby...

Loved the idea very cute.
rosie4299 chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Okay, so this is later than I would have liked to review. I meant to do it the second that I read it, but then, if you think about it, I did, kind of. I did tell you, many, many, many times, over and over, just how much I loved this. Especially that you made it a Trory instead of a Lit or a Rogan. I like to think that I had a little part in making it so, with my bribery and my moping. But I think, honestly, that Tristan was the very best choice for this story, and I absolutely adore that you made it a part of the WHW series, of which I am quite possibly the biggest fan, EVER. (Hey, you don't get dubbed WHW Superfan by the author for being anything less than fanatical, right?)

Okay, first, right off the bat, Ella is absolutely adorable in this. I love how real of a toddler she is. I have sat for many a two year old in my time, and I can honestly say that there isn't a bossier age until you hit puberty, and even then, it's a whole lot easier to sweet talk and confuse into doing your bidding. But Ella is just the cutest button of a thing, and I love the way that she has her Daddy wrapped neatly around her teeny tiny pinky finger, ready to do anything that she wants as to prevent her from unleashing the Daddy Kryptonite, AKA Crocidle Tears.

It starts off so great, you really did a great job of setting the scene. I can envision the house in disarray so well, it's awesome. Most stories don't take the time to help to set up what is going on, outside of the characters, but you have done an awesome job with creating a realistic environment.

Poor Tristan, Ella's really doing a good job of wearing him down. I once had a Cinderella obsession too, and we have video of what multiple back to back viewings can do to a father. It's not pretty. I'm pretty sure after the second Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo the mind starts to lose brain cells. At least in boys. Girls, on the other hand, especially little ones, seem to derive special powers from the song. No father stands a chance, Tristan lasted a lot longer, and did a lot better than other fathers probably would have done.

I'm sort of shocked that Ella's bookcase is small. I would have thought that Luke would have had to build her at least three more since then. I really enjoyed the backstory you give us, leading to why Tristan is all alone to take care of teeny tiny Ella all alone. It's so great to see her back at work, but still in Mommy Mode, since she's got Jake with her. Very nice.

I love this whole setup, with Tristan trying to find Annie. I love him calling Jess in desperation. I love that Jess answered the phone with a death threat. It's so him! Poor Jess though, now he has a child to get back to sleep too. Love Ambrose, even at the baby age. He's not as funny, or as present as he is in TTB and PP, but still. He's there, and I love it.

That poem is awesome! I'm glad that I got to read it in the context of the story, and not just in an email, like you promised me when deciding the ship. Having Tristan read it in the hopes of making his baby girl fall asleep makes it even more adorable.

I'm really enjoying how Ella isn't making it easy on Tristan. She's so cute with her "Mommy does it different and Mommy's way is better" attitude. Love it. This fic is nothing but adorable. I'm still simultaneously squeeing and chuckling at remembering all of my favorite details. This story is just so cute! Nothing but adorableness from beginning to end, which is coming up, and I so don't want it to. Because it's that good.

Jess is back! I love the whole relationship of Jess and Tristan. It's awesome, and I must tell you for the millionth trillionth time that you are the first and only author to actually make me like Jess. Not enough to want to read any of your Lits, which I'm sure are fabulous, but I do love him. There, I said it. I love WHW Jess. Wow. I don't think I've ever said that before. I feel a bit liberated. A teensy bit joyous. I love WHW Jess. Who'da thunk it?

Rory's right. Ella broke her daddy. It's not Tristan's fault. A weekend alone with a two year old will do it to anyone. Especially if Cinderella is involved. I'm telling you, it's those Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo's. They get into you head and burrow their way into you, until you can't think of anything else. Then, you are powerless to stop a little girl from getting whatever she wants.

I love the family moment, even if the family moment took place over the phone. Rory is a Supermom, isn't she? She can put her children to sleep while not even in the same state. That is a mark of true power.

So, in review, I loved this story. Very cute, very awesome. Absolutely fabulous. Abfab, if you will. I hope that you do a few more of these little WHW one-shots, they really have a way of filling in the gaps of the story. And they make me love the series even more, which is something I didn't know was possible until 'Playing Hooky', but it is. I love these things, I love this series, and I am looking forward to the next chapter of PP even more!
Sarai chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I enjoyed this story, but Ambros?
Ez chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Sweet story
troryforever chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
very nice. ]
princetongirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
loved it update soon you have to add a chapter to this story don't make it just a one parter its way to good
CarebearKara chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
This was cute. Really great. Little Ella and her ways of prolonging bedtime.
famousindafuture chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Aww...sweet fluff! I love it!
cjg6 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
fun more of a continuation of the WHW series! yay! good job!
no account anymore chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Aw that was amazing. Ella is such a cute chile.I love how she has tristan wrapped around her tiny was beautiflly written