Reviews for Blue Rain Falling
murphycat chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Excellent. I mean frakking great! I loved this show.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
A great story. Very good.
J chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
I wish you'd go farther with this tale - it is very good!

Even as the one-shot I think it is, you do both of these very difficult and ambiguous characters justice.
i-hate-mornings chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
great story.

loved it.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
I wish you had done this in at least two chapters for easier reading. It's long for one sitting. You've misspelled Lindsey (from his office door in Five By Five), and I disagree that he wouldn't want Eve to do good. After all, he did rescue the three children and he also rescued those who could be saved from the body farm in Dead End. He wasn't totally self-centered in the first two seasons. And I honestly don't think he'd be spinning in his grave; I think he'd be happy that she has a life and possibly a future.

The story itself is excellent, although it wouldn't have hurt to have a little bit about their trip to Rome. How did they get there? How did they pay for it? What about passports?

I think you've done a fantastic job on Illyria. I can feel her confusion and her conflicting emotions. You've captured her speech well, too. And Eve is well drawn.

I like the way you resolved their situation, and Kennedy's little ploy was priceless. Aside from my disagreement about Lindsey, I really enjoyed this story.
otahyoni chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Loved this. Love Illyria's voice (esp. at the beginning), love your style, love Eve's dry narration. Was a little iffy about them hooking up at first, but you sold me by the end. LOVE Dark!Giles. I never thought of him as darker than Wesley, but then, Wesley's was all mood and angst, and Giles' is all action. Clicking the fav button!
J chapter 1 . 10/3/2005

Best insight into Eve EVER. I think it is more interpretation than established character that she needed a purpose (and knew it), but that is part of being entirely human (instead of just mortal), which you have decided she is. I happen to agree - and I like how you did it so much that I'd enjoy it even if I didn't agree.

The way you got into their heads is fantastic, and helps me better understand the characters overall. You've gone with the completely selfish Lindsay, which I think I disagree with, but again, you do it well, and the evidence is certainly there to support you.

The Willow moment with Illyria (about being a destroyer) was perfect.

The idea of Kenn and Eve being kindred spirits is interesting, and could work well.

One issue:

Giles may have been 'Ripper', but Wesley threw himself pretty deeply into darkness. To say that Giles has more dark than Wes? No, not at all. And Illyria had to have sensed that quiet despair and darkness in Wesley.

Will you do more? Pleasepleaseplease.

I want more.
Bob-from-Accounting chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I liked this story a great deal. Your characterization of Illyria after the alley was spot on. Having Eve find her was a nice touch. She was my second guess after Conor. I also like your writing so much that I have started to look through your previous work. I like stories with Illyria as a main character but there are a lot out there that are not very good. Yours is one of the few that is though. I would really like to see an eventuall sequel to this story. Keep up the good work and as always keep typing
mein-dritte-auge chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Wow. That was just . . . wow. I loved it. There's really nothing more I can say.