Reviews for Monkey Screaming 3: Silk and Chains
gail19 chapter 22 . 2/4/2013
Intense and extremely satisfying. I would like to read the 4th part someday, but there is something right about this as it stands.
gail19 chapter 12 . 2/4/2013
Teary in a good way.
gail19 chapter 10 . 2/4/2013
They are making it work thanks to you.
gail chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
No matter how you look at it budgeting sucks. You did manage to make it entertaining to read.
gail19 chapter 6 . 2/4/2013
Absolutely amazing.
bec chapter 22 . 12/30/2012
Wonderful. Cant wait to read what happens next. I havent found the 4th story on Helio2 so I guess it is not done. I would love to read it. I loved the whole concept and premise of these stories, actually everything about them.
damaris chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Are you going to put up the sequel? Monkey Screaming 4? :D You write really well and I'm really curious about the next part of their lives.
Banner chapter 22 . 1/20/2012
I spent last night and this morning rereading this series. I love it. This is literally the only Sam/Jack story that has ever really worked for me - you handle the characters with such care and ruthless perception.

In the last author's note, you mention a sequel, Hellbringers, but I can't find it. Even if it isn't finished, I would like to read it.
hochexplosiv chapter 22 . 10/26/2011
A beautifull and well written story. I like that it takes the characters and puts them in a truly new situation instead of rewriting event of the tv-series.
Athena121 chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
I searched Helio 2 for Hellbringers and couldn't find it. :( Did you ever finish it? Just want to say this is my second time through your series and I loved it!
Harmne chapter 21 . 3/1/2010
See, this is again assuming they'll go right back into the military and be under the same chain of command - if they're even allowed to work together again. They can't be together then. SG1 would be broken up, if they went the military route. I don't understand why none of them seem to see that they would still be just as valuable, just as dedicated, and just as effective as a unit, if they *weren't* military. Jon and Alex still have the mindset, and god knows they all have the dicipline. Would thinking of things that way have helped them at all? Just wondering...
Harmne chapter 20 . 3/1/2010
Sounds like the entire SGC gang plus a lot of movers and shakers are all at the party, and that the just-for-fun event has become extremely popular in the interveening year. One tiny inconsistancy - When Turner is talkint to Jack about meeting Alex for the first time; back then I got the feeling he didn't realize "Alex" was a girl. And in this chapter it sounds like he did. Not a big thing. Jon's reaction to learning about Mark's exhibit was funny, as were Daniel, Turner, and Jack's reactions to it. Loved that all the Generals were there to play - even playing paintball! I feel Alex's pain, can't really even imagine what it would be like! Excellent job of getting into her head.
Harmne chapter 19 . 3/1/2010
Loved the accidental success of the Garden Patch! But I am disturbed by the 'coming to an end' vibe towards the end of the chapter. Like the team, the family, was starting to come apart without the constant battles to keep them working together. Makes me want to chew my fingernails...
Harmne chapter 18 . 3/1/2010
This would have been cool to watch. I'm betting Jon watched the whole thing - and probably the others, too. I've heard of cordwood building - read an article about it in Mother Earth News ages ago (they built a round house with cordwood walls, a central rock pillar that contained a wood heating stove and also served as support for the second floor and roof, and it also had a sod roof - cool).

Still would love to see sketches/floorplan of the house. I feel like I should be able to 'see' it but can't quite get it through my head.
Harmne chapter 17 . 3/1/2010
Ouch, this chapter was heartbreaking for an entirely different reason...