Reviews for A River Runs Through Them
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Beautiful.
Rel Fexive chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
This is very special. I particularly like the Jayne bit, which just feels so right. And the Inara-Mal thing too. Painful shards. Yup.
Shandrial chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Oh, that was good. River is a difficult one to write. So complicated, but so simple at the same time. The strange relationship River and Mal has is also so interesting.

Very nicely written.
Grav chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
You're...ALIVE! and also writing Firefly. *dances* (We're never getting an end for "Learning to Fly", are we?)

Know what though? It doesn't really matter, because you are still writing and I can still read you and THAT IS AWESOME AND WONDERFUL.

As are you.
blahbible chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
oh, wow. that was really good. "So she’ll rage and storm when she leaves for good and tiny pieces of Inarra will be blown like the wind all over Serenity. The Captain will embed each and every piece he finds into his skin." I just really loved that part. The whole thing is so well writen. so poetic. It'll be great if you could write more.
Madj chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
What a lovely River fic. She sees what's really there, what everyone hides. But nobody really sees her. It has to be exhausting, living like that.
simonishot chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
wow. Never would have thought of Mal / River ... but you make me see it. And coming off reading your story 'Icarus' to reading this line: Zoe’s been washed away. ...well, it was just devestating. Excellent play on words there. You're really good.
Innogen chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
This was absolutely wonderful! I was wondering if I was the only one who saw potential shippy moments between River and Mal during the movie. On the discussion list I'm on, people keep asking why did Mal take River back to the ship, and they have been analyzing it to death. He doesn't answer; I think he knows but can't say. Truth is, the two of them have been connected a lot longer than just since the 'M' incident, you know what I mean? I see the way she looks at him in the movie, and Mal is treating her as an equal now-and I don't think he quite thinks of her as 'hired crew', and he may think of her as 'family', but he doesn't look at her like she's a daughter, or a sister. And you are right, she won't leave him again, I think, especially, if Simon tries to take her away again.

Good job! Thanks for putting up with my two cents. See you on LJ!

Innogen
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
this is so sweet! but it's more sad, which is why I love it. the only complaint I have is that you made Inara cutting, but that's what the story was, so it's ok. Does this make sense? I did like it, a LOT.
BlackMajenta chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Ooh I've got you on author alert for the HP fandom because I love the SSHG stories you've written (I followed Heart W/ No Companion intently), but I had no idea you were a Firefly fanatic. I shamelessly admit to fervent Browncoatmania, and no power in the 'verse can stop me!

I really liked reading this short story, as it sort of evoked a nice "Wrap-Up and To Be Continued" feeling about our beloved characters. I think you absolutely nailed the characters' more inner emotions and fears, the ones that lay the foundation for the movie, and which can only be gleaned from the repeated watching of The Fourteen Episodes.

My only criticism: Her name is Inara, not Inarra. It's her last name (Serra) that has 2 r's, not her first.

Also, I'm kind of confused about this line: "River wonders if – when his heart is healed and he’s Simon again – if he’ll ever let her be River."

Again, lovely lovely job! I don't ever read fanfiction for Firefly because...well, I'm not really sure why, but it's different from Harry Potter, it's just unsettling and dissatisfying and depressing to me. However, I liked your little one shot alot, because it was almost like an essay or analysis, instead of an attempt to encroach on Joss' domain. Not sure if I'm making sense, but I know I am rambling, sorry! If you ever want to talk Firefly, my email is jennystearns at aol dot com.
kellijo1977 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I really liked this one! I thought you captured River's voice and characterized the others well. I especially loved the Mal/River bit in the end! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't see Mal/Inara as a long-term couple. Keep up the good work!
Lattelady chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Beatifully one and points to a pairing I hadn't imagined. I like it a lot.
Mnemosyne823 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Excellent story! I do love a good Mal/River fic, whether it's romantic interaction or not, so I'd love to see you write more!
vegiegurl chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
wow...
Jules chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
That was lovely. I was so happy to see this show up on my list, one of my fav fic writers now dipping into Firefly/Serenity, hope to see more as the bunnies multiply...