Reviews for Copia
2x2 Hands of Blue chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I start sobbing every time I read this. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love the line, "You've got a smudge." It fits perfectly into the story, and it contrasts beautifully with the last line. It's haunting.
I Can Kill You With My Brain chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
In a perfect world, everyone is dead...this might be the most beautiful thing I've ever read.
The Pianist's Touch chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I can't believe I've never reviewed this story-it's on my favorites list. Really, it's a masterpiece, you've done a great job with this one-shot, definitely one of my favorites, despite its bitter sweetness-or perhaps because of it. I wanted to recommend it on the firefly fanfic recommendations page on .org, and I tried, but I couldn't figure out how to-so if you know how, or any other readers who might be reading this review know how, this fic totally deserves it, and I feel it's kind of underrated.
The General G of K chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I don't even know what to say in response to this piece except that I really liked it. I liked that it was grounded in reality, and how the death and the destruction obviously had a negative effect (affect?) on Serenity and its crew. I like that after the climax, Simon doesn't know what his place is in the world, and even though it's slightly heart wrenching, I like that things between he and Kaylee just don't work out. Too often you see these stories where all thiese fanciful elements are added, but this one is just brass tacks and honesty. I really, really liked this.

The General
Kamp chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
good story. love the last scene. i love simon in this.
Designation chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
So I saw the name "Nixa Jane," and I figured it MUST be good. Turns out, it's perfect.

Love this. Love love love it. I've never been that huge of a Simon fan, but that didn't stop a word of this from ringing true. Mal's persistence in wondering why Simon doesn't leave, River's Riverspeak...

And I love this line: "In a perfect world," she tells him, "everyone is dead." Because it's so undoubtedly and chillingly true.
anon chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
short but good
Sage1899 chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
well done!

Simon is my least fave character but this was a nice insight into him. :)
Sensue chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
You are a very captivating writer. I swear that I didn't even blink as I read this story, holding my breath until I got to the end.

It's a sad story-Simon truly doesn't have a place where he belongs. He's "lost in the woods" again and this time, not even River can find him.
js321 chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
love it!
Anora-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
serenity falling apart...very sad but very beautiful. Your stories are beginning to dominate my favorites list.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Another great take on the Firefly universe, deep & intense. Simon is such an interesting character and I love the way you have written him. More please.
Simple Enigma chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
wow, that was amazingly well written *adds to favorites* wow
Ana Sedai chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
You write Simon's POV very well. This one's a tad on the depressing side (okay, maybe more than a tad), but I love it. And it's entirely plausible. After what happened in the movie, it's hardly realistic to think that they were even close to hunky-dory.

My favorite line, which may be one of my new favorite philosophical sayings, was, "In a perfect world, everyone is dead."

How simple. And how awful.
Allison chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
I love your Simon voice, it was just perfect, and I hadn't even thought about what might happen with River and Simon if the warrents were taken away.

Also, little bits of Mal/Simon! Don't know how intentional that was, but I loved it.