Reviews for The Nietzsche Classes
HawaiianPrincess chapter 1 . 4/14
I like it
signedheart chapter 1 . 4/13
This is wonderful. I'm excited to see where this goes!
jeri chapter 15 . 4/13
This was amazingly written. It drew me in from start to finish. Wonderful work!
Myriad Silvre chapter 15 . 4/7
I follow bex-chan on Tumblr and this is one of her rec'd fics. I really, really enjoyed it.

A couple things:

In Chapter 8 ("Towards the Dark") you mention that the Vulpe's parents were executed after the war. However, in the third chapter ("UnSympathy"), Neville killed Bellatrix before being killed by Lucius. Is this a continuity error or were you implying such a death *was* an execution?

"Stupefy" (Chapter 5) lists Hitler as a Christian. Nothing I have read has ever regarding Hitler as such - agnostic or atheistic, but while his mother was a follower of Catholicism, Hitler in fact wanted the total eradication of Christianity.

I would love even more regarding the classes and the participants. I'm a bit of an English nerd (ex-English major) and love education as setting and just in general, so I thought this was a great plot for your story! I found it unique in the Dramione fandom. Thank you much for sharing it!
Anna chapter 1 . 4/7
I am from Germany, so my English is really not that good, but I needed to write a review to your story. This is definitely one of the best fanfictions I have ever read therefore I do not want to criticize the wonderful storyline or the authentic portrays of the characters. I have, however, a quiet different understanding of the (to my mind) great philosoph Friedrich Nietzsche. You most certainly read "Der Wille zur Macht" - a piece of his work which was heavily censored by his sister (who indeed was an antisemitist) and which therefore is often misinterpreted.
Nietzsche was NOT an antisemitist and he would be turning in his own grave if he had known that his philosophy was abused by Hitler.
What he means with phrases like "being an 'Übermensch'" is something else entirely:
Nietzsche was a critic of nihilism and tried to think of a way that would allow people to live on and find a sense in their life even though they were completely disillusioned by rationalism.
The exclamation "God is dead!" is about people of his time turning away from religion, because they realized, that God is not a good explanatory model anymore. Nietzsche recognized, that in his time, people were tending to negate all dogmas, so that they would reach the point where nothing is left. This nothing is nihilism and Nietzsche was trying to find a way out of it. He protrayed the 'Übermensch' - the project of a man being strong enough to let go his hopes, dreams and ideals in order to be able to live in the here and now. The 'Übermensch' is not constricted by any moral philosophy (which for Nietzsche is exactly the same as religion) and therefore free - free to shape his life in a constructive and positive way. The 'Übermensch' does not build castles in the air or lives in his daydreams, he is a man of action. He tries to change what is not good in the present - the moral not coming from some theory, but from his own body and nature.
I suppose, Nietzsche is an author you have to read more than once or twice in order to really understand him, especially when you are not reading the German version. He is by no means someone who would have favoured Hitler, and his image of humanity is an absolutely positive one.
I hope my non-existing language skills do not prevent you from reading this and I would love for you to read Nietzsche again. I admit that my understanding of Nietzsche is merely one way to interpret his work, but I think you should consider my point.
It does not seem as though you were still active on this website, but I still hope, that you maybe read this.
reader014 chapter 15 . 3/31
Idk.. It was okay at best.. I just.. Ya. It was okay.
San59 chapter 15 . 3/31
I Love your story
Onigiri Momoko chapter 15 . 3/27
Wow, this is fabulous! I feel like I've read this before, though that would've been years ago, regardless C:

I found the chapters during the class sessions the most intriguing, but definitely a nice and realistic closure!
Plus I absolutely adored Vulpe and your portrayal of Blaise! Wish I could've read more about them!

Thanks for this amazing story, I had to read it all in one go haha
Keep up the great work!
queen artemisia chapter 12 . 3/22
Simply amazing. Nuff said
Bexes chapter 15 . 3/19
What can I say? I'm blown away by your creativeness! I read through this entire fic in 4 hours! I was enthralled! To think you write this before the final book was released and did such an amazing job of it! One thing that always bothered me about Deathly Hallows was how short the "War" was. You are a gifted and talented writer, and I'm off to stalk your other works!

Bexes!
Madeline Natalie chapter 10 . 3/16
Now this is where it gets intresting! Without a lil bit matured theme a story does'nt just feel right! Neys its great..hope it gets better! ;)
Aly chapter 15 . 3/14
This was SUCH a good story. I wish I'd reviewed it all the way! It was such a wholesome, philosophical view of the whole morality-founded over-story of HP at the beginning. The DH action was what got me hooked (since I search for fics based on pairings) but the line and sinker was everything else. Thank you for writing it! Cheers, and I hope you still write, because I'm loyal to authors and tend to review everything they write. Didn't sign in this time thought .
mandarinapufoasa chapter 7 . 3/13
Oh, my, I loved your story Literally devoured it in a couple of hours. Most of all I enjoyed reading all the philosophy-related passages and the discussion of morality was really well done. It's not everyday you see such intelligent things incorporated into a fanfic... Bravo! And the character development is really well-done as well. You made my day infinitely better with this story, dear
imagine-ation chapter 15 . 3/9
I actually love your story so much. It's actually taught me a lot of history that I didn't know, and in that setting and how she taught it, was genius. Thank you for sharing you story!
Lozza chapter 13 . 2/7
The story you were looking for is called Tangled Up in Blue, not sure if you found it already! AMAZING STORY and you are on fantastic writer!
1,880 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »