Reviews for The Nietzsche Classes
Defying Definition chapter 4 . 11/1/2005
[mouth open in an "o" of awe]Woman, (Good GOD I hope you're a woman, otherwise I have just seriously offended you, for which I apologise)you have talent oozing from your pores-Which could be rather unattractive, but may I say you pull it off.

I read and am enamored with "Counting", so I checked to see if you wrote anything new...this is *mind-blowing*!

It's like the reader is there with Hermione, and it is written in a flow that bears similarity to the first five Harry Potter books.

Kudos!
kgjgu785674 chapter 4 . 11/1/2005
The first part was very sad, you're right . . . I always feel weird when I read D/Hr stories where Ron is dead . . . it's convenient but it hurts, nonetheless. It's not boring, but you're walking a thin line for understanding. I followed well enough because I've read the book and have been taught Nietzsche before but you do have to be careful when you draw the connections, some younger readers might not catch on at all. Keep up the good work, you've got a very strong start.
kgjgu785674 chapter 2 . 11/1/2005
Definitely a unique story . . . I have read C&P but I must admit, it's not my favorite . . . I have a hard time with Russian lit - Anna Karenina bored me to tears; I know . . . it's a tragedy! But it doesn't matter THAT much when it comes to your story, which is very interesting and I like it so far. Keep up the good writing!
Jenie chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
Oh my... I am enjoying this story so much... Don't worry about the connection thing - I've had professors make the same connection between Nietzsche and Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". I never would have thought of placing this context on the HP world, but look forward to seeing you expand and develop it. D/Hr will be lovely to read, I'm sure, but I always love them better when they're placed into a deep setting... I'll be reviewing this story often, I hope! Blessings.
Sempracaveas03 chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
No, no, no! It's not boring, I love it! I'm putting you in my favourites, as not only is this a fascinating, scintillating read, but I'm learning something as well. Keep it up, and update really soon.

Happy Snorkack Hunting,

Sempra
Lucyferina chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
still me... to answer your questions... no it's not boring... it'a about time that we try to rise the standard of fanfiction in general... i find your idea to introduce hermione and draco to each other through this lessons is absolutely brilliant... i can't wait to see how it evolves... regarding your fear about nietzsche fans... i read a bit of him too and i understood him the same way... he is very fascinating :) update update! I'm addicted!
Lucyferina chapter 3 . 10/31/2005
still very good, i enjoy the way to mix a good hp fiction with culture... everyone should learn and hp is a very good way... keep up with it!
kitten chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
o i really like this story and dont woory about it being boring i think it is rather interesting thanks for doing such a good job

cant wait for the next update
eucalyptus chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
The subject matter is more than what I'm sure a lot of people are used to in fanfiction, but I thought you didn't over-intellectualize it at all. I thought it was an excellent chapter. The "shocked faces" all around were a little cliche, since I would think they would hide their feelings from her, be particularly good at hiding their feelings, and tremendously difficult to get through to in the first place. I just hope it doesn't all happen too fast because that is not realistic, and many, if not most of them, are beyond change.

I loved the bit about Ron. I don't know if you explained it earlier in the story, but what sort of timeline are we looking at here? How long has it been since the war, since Ron died? I'd be interested in knowing. I'm going to have to read it again.

Cheers!
coffee-is-addictive chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
brilliant writing
Vashka chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
Amazing chapter as usual. I was quite impresed by the amount of thought put into this and by the emotion conveyed by it. The first half of the chapter was so sad. I almost cried when Hermione took Ron's shirt and broke down. Poor Hermione... It's so hard for her. I enjoy the 'lecture' sequence very much. Not boring at all! At least not for me. There is so much emotion and underlying tension present that it hold my attention very well. And about the lack of D/Hr? I would rather have very slow D/Hr fic than the wierd inexplicible 'I need you now!' fic. Good job, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Lucyferina chapter 2 . 10/31/2005
hello, i started to read your fiction and i like it very much... keep it coming :)
RedWitch1 chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
I love this story...talk about one that gets the brain working LOL.. It is most definitely not boring, and I look forward to more.
Lucifer's Garden chapter 4 . 10/30/2005
I wouldn't worry about the people who find this boring, as someone who writes as brilliantly as you do *cough suck up cough* should never be discouraged by people with the intellectual level of a potato. Ignore comments like "omg dis so brng!1! lyk wens Draco gonna k1ss hrmine?1", because, quite frankly, those people should not even risk brain injury by trying to read something as advanced as this anyway. Keep on writing!
vanillafluffy chapter 4 . 10/30/2005
Not too intellectual at all-I think it's refreshing to have a story that actually stirs up a few brain cells. And I *like* Vulpe...I'm waiting to see if she's better than her parents, or if she's going to be trouble somewhere down the line.

At the same time, there's a marvelous poignancy to the act of Hermione's ritual of communing with Ron thru his ratty old shirt. It's such very human moments like this that make it about more than Hermione being a sanctioned know-it-all. And Rita Skeeter in the background? Dare I hope she's going to stir the cauldron a bit?
2,311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 143 150 151 152 153 154 .. Last Next »