Reviews for His Son's Father
Mayhaah chapter 8 . 2/6
THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE OKAY, OKAY THANKS OKAY BYE
chanjoinspirit chapter 8 . 1/5
I just realised that this is a nine year old story but hopefully all the reviews garnered may motivate you to continue to write. *hint hint* :) Point aside I really enjoyed this story as it is driven by a fantastic plot instead of some dubious pairing. The characters are wonderfully ic but if I am nitpicky I think that fowl senior seemed too nice for his criminal background. Though you have expounded that he may have gone through some soul searching when he was kidnapped, I think that it would have been better if he was a tad more devious or intelligent.
As for the plot, I like the liberties you took with the slave oath as it shows your creativity and originality. However, I am abit iffy on how simple it was for artemis to manipulate the kidnapper into changing the target of the pandora box to foaly's inventions instead of the centuar himself. I think it may have been better to give further justification onwhy the switch was a good option (maybe by saying that the magical backlash would not have been as significant? Just a thought).
All in all I appreciate the effort and time it took for you to research and hash out the entire story. The artemis fowl series is in a dire need for better stories like yours. :)
Kytigami chapter 8 . 4/23/2014
I really, really enjoyed this story, mainly, and especially, because it feels like an Artemis Fowl story. It's so good that I have to write a review for a 9 year old story. And since your profile requests constructive criticism, the only couple of nitpick issues I have with it are:
The magical slavery thing seems to come out of nowhere. And by that I mean, apart from it being a more in depth version of the mesmer, there isn't anything mentioned in canon about it (that I remember). Although I loved the Tan Kabelle reference.
Artemis Fowl Sr. seemed, well a bit too likeable and not as deviously smart as I expected. He kept downplaying his own intelligence, and that doesn't seem quite in character for a Fowl.
Artemis's solution to the problem, feels a bit abrupt. Granted the elements of his solution were introduced earlier in the story, but maybe a brief glimpse of Arty's problem solving process would make it slightly less of a shock. Although, I bet it's a tough juggling act deciding how much to foreshadow and how much to hold back so the solution isn't obvious. Although part of this might be that since I've read and reread the Artemis Fowl books so much the solutions now seem obvious to me, and encountering one that isn't obvious startled me a bit.
I've also experienced most of the the Artemis Fowl series in audio book form. And quite frequently when I was reading a character's dialogue, I would 'hear' the same audio book voice in my head. So you really captured the characters and how they speak.
I will definitely want to reread this story at some point. And I only reread stuff that I really, really enjoyed.
SapphiretheWhiteWolf chapter 8 . 3/11/2014
I absolutely love this, really, I do. Instead of going into odd shippings or angst to get attention, you wrote a marvelous piece of fanfiction that focused on adventure and family.

I must say, your writing was sound, at times humorous, and most importantly, you kept the characters as they were in the books-brilliant. I almost wish that only writing as good as yours was allowed on this site, but then, this is the big wide Internet were speaking of here... Also, I really appreciated the technical terms, the Pandora tale, and general smoothness ingrained in the writing- traits not seen often enough on here.

And for the time it took for me to fully read this, I thank you. I truly enjoyed this reading, and will now look into your other works. If you take anything from this measly review, I'd ask that you continue on with your writing.
pjcrazy chapter 8 . 7/2/2013
tHiS is amazing. You fleshed out Artemis 1 so well. I don't know if you still read the reviews, but your story is pure genius. The only thing I wished for more was a/h, but that's just me.
Kay Hau chapter 8 . 6/4/2013
Excellent story! This fits perfectly well into the Artemis Fowl universe, gives incredible insights into both Artemis and his father's genius, and is overall an excellent and thoroughly enjoyable story! Plot, characters, writing style, length, I honestly have no constructive criticism to give since I'd rate everything a 5/5! Well done!
crownoflaurel chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
Oh, this is just lovely. You can really see why Artemis became who he was and why he loves his father so very much. I'm now hoping that you'll write more about the Fowl family and Artemis's fairy friends.
wthtonibelle chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
Wow. I see that you wrote this in 2005, before the 5th AF book even went into publication, and it's so good and so canon that I can't help seriously wondering whether Colfer had read this before he wrote the 6th book and found inspiration from your ideas. An elf married to a Mud Woman and the marriage extending her life span- that becomes a major plot point in the 7th book (Ark Sool becomes a villain in that book as well). Also the magic-antimagic thing that you explained here is very similar to what will become the climax of the 8th and last book. This is brilliant.

I usually dislike reading fanfics that does not fit the canon timeline, but this was so well-written that I couldn't even pause reading. I love it. You write fluidly, and it's simply brilliant how the plot elements form a coherent structure and how no tidbit of info here ever turns out to be unnecessary (down to AF1's recollection of the Prague incident and his mention of Arty's birthday coming in 6 weeks). Good job all in all; this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read in any fandom ever.

As an additional note- wow, you're in your 30's now, seeing as this was written 8 years ago and you were 23 then. I wonder how much more you have improved and whether or not you have gone on to become a professional writer. I certainly hope you have; I will read your books. :)
RabulaTasa chapter 8 . 3/17/2013
Hands down one of the best Artemis Fowl fanfictions I've come across; you are to be commended for a job most excellently done. Having Artemis Sr. play such a prominent role in the narrative was an inspired choice, and your execution of his character was superb.

In short: fave.

-John
Moon soon chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
Wow, this fic left my jaw hanging open!
I love how your plot worked out until the end, without missing details. I especially liked the idea of how the Pandora's box worked.

And I really appreciate how you kept all the characters IN their respective personalities.

So, thank you very much for posting this fic.
anemix chapter 8 . 11/16/2012
I loved the intricate plotting and foreshadowing with no detail wasted. Keep writing!

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")
BiblioMatsuri chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
*applauds* Bravo! The mood is rather different from the books (they have to be kid-friendly, of course), but the characters are in fine form, and we get to see a little of the Artemis Fowl Sr. that was once a crime lord.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 6 . 10/31/2012
Oh, yeah, that's definitely where he got it. I think most of the authority figures in Haven have learned that a smiling Fowl will soon mean a broken (or at least neutralized) enemy, and the occasional moments of utter chaos.

Awesome story so far. I was really scared for the first three chapters, up until the resident genius figured out the algorithm and came up with one of his infamous plans. And very nice, foreshadowing the plan and tying in the Fei Fei incident from the Artemis Fowl Files all at once.
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
Very awesome plan! I've never read a lot about anti matter though, so half of the ingenious plan went over my head first time round... Do you mind explaining why Sool and co. died affected by the box while Artemis carved "foaly's technology" on it? Artemis and his fathers interaction is the best I have read yet. :-) the Morse code bit was awesome as well, this could really pass off aseoin colfers' genius plans for Artemis! Really lived this story. :-)
Guest chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Incredible. 'Our combined malevolence' indeed.