Reviews for Warcraft: Last Tour Before the Battle
Videogamer1416 chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
I just beat The Founding of Durotar in The Frozen Throne and I must say you did a great job of elaborating on the thoughts of Admiral Proudmore, and gave one of the things that the campaign was missing; good character development. Before reading this, I thought Admiral Proudmoore was a rather generic character and didn't know much about him, but if this had been in the game, it would have been rather enlightening. I used to watch my friends play Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness on their computer when I was a little kid and thought it was awesome (although I never played it for myself until I was about 13 and then only for 15 minutes or so) but I got the Battle Chest about a year ago and have beaten Warcraft I: Reign of Chaos and am working on TFT, and now I believe you've inspired me to pick up a copy of War2 Editition.
steelmongoose chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Very well done. Though the decription of the surroundings was sparse your first and foremost intention was go inward, to delve into the mind of one of the most endearing characters of the warcraft sagas and the rather ignoble death he recieved in a bonus campaign of the WC3 game. Most fan-fics are concerned only with fighting and action and death, but for some of us it's not the "things blowing up real good" that grabs our attention in Blizzard games, but that behind all the bloodshed and violence and magic are beings with emotions who feel loss and joy, pain and hope. I would much rather read a story about why a man draws his sword than another one about what he does with it after it is out.
Hidden Ranger chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
I played through and loved the storylines from Warcraft 2 to the Frozen Throne, and I think this was very well-handled. It's also interesting to remember that there were several nations besides Lorderon on the continent as well. Good job.
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Thank God for final closure! This was brilliant and brutal and everything I've come to expect from your work - Daelin was a masterpiece in writing. It made me -like- him. Very bittersweet.
samus18 chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
I read this earlier and enjoyed it very much. I think you portrayed Daelin Proudmoore's character just right; bitter like there's no tomorrow (P), stubborn and full of pride. Awesome (yet kind of sad) story.
Lorok chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
This was cool. I also thought that the Founding of Durotar had great potentional, but the idea was shattered by lack of storyline and character development. Did you notice that except for Rexxar none of your heros ever get 1 line after you get them, cept Rokhan who says 'Scuse me Warchief, but I fear for my brothers on de Echo Isles" Thrall doesn't even acknowledge Cairne when you first arrive with him.
entertheBOOM chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Well written. It does add some closure to a story that had none.