Reviews for The Compromise
pinkdynamite chapter 39 . 8/27
Oh my gosh, I can't believe the cliffhanger this chapter ends on! I sincerely hope you finish this story someday, even though now it seems doubtful. I over your writing and wish I knew how this ends. All the best!
stgroffleberry chapter 39 . 7/25/2013
I love your work, you're mad talented! I hope you finish this story because it's a complete GEM. And I hate that this is left off with a heartbroken Helga! I will give you 20 bucks if you finish it. Do itttt :p
Stephanie Ha chapter 39 . 4/20/2012
I like the development of the story. I'm glad you didn't make Lila to be a slut though as the other stories did. Will you be updating soon? It's been over a year. I'll be awaiting its ending
Lena2244 chapter 27 . 12/9/2011
ok u officially made me a team Arnold fan... the saying is correct all that glitters is gold Derek had so much potential and yet so foolish if you haven't notice I'm luving this story
Lena2244 chapter 18 . 12/8/2011
At this point in time I'm so Team Derek I mean really Arnold needs to do something off the wall great or Derek needs to have some deep mess secret for me to be swayed because you dont want her until she move on to the next like really
Jae B chapter 39 . 4/23/2011
Now this review I am apologizing for being so late. You might not think this is a great chapter but it's a good transitional one and a good setup for Helga's upcoming reaction. Whether you know it or not, I've enjoyed this story from day one. Don't give up on it.

Mary Sue Is Dead chapter 5 . 2/1/2011
Wow it's only chapter 5 and I'm already liking Derek alot more than Arnold.

Arnold's just kind of a whiny bitch that worries too much. I think he should be worrying more about Helga's reaction to him and Sophie than Helga's reaction to his jogging next to her. But what do I know right? The boy has no common sense!

Anyways, I really enjoyed the little flashback scene, you slid it into the text really well and smoothly. I also like how everything isn't in chronological order, or is cut together in different little scenes, like different POV's and flashbacks and stuff.

Good job!
Llamas Are Sexy chapter 39 . 2/1/2011
Okay so i voted in that poll on your profile before I read this story all he way through and i said "I havent read it yet" or somehing..

So here's how I felt when i DID start reading this story:

I was all for AxH

Then i was team!Derek.

Then i was like "Yo, Derek is mad fake."

and so I'm basically AxH again. I would like to go back and recast my vote but since I cant, I just thought I'd outline my feelings for you, just to let you know that this story has taken me on an EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE, which I am tally okay with, ya dig?

You're story is sensational, and I cant wait to read more. You are a fabulous writer, and omg, the argumenst helga has with lila and Olga about boyfriends and sammiches and whatenot. oh lawd, that was some for real-for real knee slapping, throw-your-head-back-and-cackle insuded humor. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your stories.

I actually feel quite proud of myself too lol.

What it? I don't know. Just-it! Yeah. yeah that makes sense, uh huh.

ANNNNYYYYYWAY, I want to seriously thank you for writing this story and stuff, and for choosing to ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY ADORE HEY ARNOLD!

Also, A comment on lila's character: I love how you made her. She's funny and quirky and is definitelyy the comic relief. I feel priveledged to read this story :D No joke. forillz..
S. Smile chapter 2 . 1/31/2011
So, I just started reading this story. And I don't know what to expect - updates wise and such.

But, instead of just indulging myself selfishly and reading through all 39 chapters. I was thoroughly impressed with this chapter and I wanted to actually tell you! Because it's the considerate, right thing to do that too many readers (myself included) don't do enough.

I like your characterization of Helga. She's got that attitude and fire, but I like that you matured her well - it's like a cool, toned down, dealt-with-well kind of attitude now. (if that makes any sense). And I like that she doesn't let Arnold get away with a stunt like that, even though he's just clueless.

The interactions are great. Phoebe and Helga, and Helga and Gerald. And I love Phoebe's inner thoughts when she was talking to Arnold.

I look forward to reading this! :]
Mary Sue Is Dead chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
Sorry I haven't read in a while! The past couple days have been CRAZY! No seriously. Try going from meeting a guy, him sucking your lips off, and then getting stalked from the same dude all in 2 days! I'd like people to shove that in their pipe and smoke it! But I guess that's college for ya, Oi!

Anyways, I liked this chapter alot! And I'm not just saying that to be cordial. I enjoyed the twist in perspectives yet over the same scenario. Helga enlightened us with hers in the previous chapter, and in this one it was Arnold's turn.

The boy has some interesting speculations, but honestly I think we'll need to see more of the Ger-Bear if the dopey blonde is actually going to succeed in getting anywhere! That Gerald is as sharp as a tack, and I have to agree with our cunning and witty Einstein/Casanova, Arnold's a really dull crayon.

For some reason the car scene was my favorite. I don't know why, but it made things enjoyable for me to see Arnold watch Helga get into another car and drive off. Aww, Awnuld needs uh tissue? He gunna cwy?

Nice work!
Mary Sue Is Dead chapter 3 . 1/26/2011
I think Arnold needs to get his crapola together! Derek is steppin' in!

Anyways, I have to say my favorite part of this chapter was the volleyball scene. You described it in a way where I was actually moving my head up and down as if I was seeing the ball being passed back and forth! Great interaction with Helga and the biatch on the other team who will not be named. You should just name her Jessica, and every other mean girl in your fiction from now on. It will be the league of evil Jessicas. And people will be like "Oh man, that Jessica is such a 'c' word!" and the dude sitting next to him will be like "No man, your thinking of the OTHER Jessica."

Oh yeah...

Helga's gettin' in a car wit a boy!
Mary Sue Is Dead chapter 2 . 1/26/2011
Arnold, you are SOOOO last season!

So I had some time in between classes, where I thought I should start my end of the challenge and start reading this story!

Of course unless you want me to read another, we didn't really specify it.

I like the fact that you keep your Helga very active in your stories, with sports or other extra curricular activities. Alot of authors just like to cut right to the chase without the poetry or brains or muscle that Helga has (shame on them for not using her talents) and just write her as a one dimensional sarcastic and angry lunatic. Which I think Helga should have as well, but she is a very three dimensional character.

So here's the beginning of the story! I'll try to review and read accordingly, but if I do in spans, it's just because I'm in class or doing homework.

Rhonda's not even in the story yet, and I already want her to take her top off! ;D
pinktasia chapter 39 . 11/16/2010
happy birthday, antoinette! (: I'm sorry to hear about your laptop :( Boo it. I can't wait for your next chapter tho! (: Hope your birthday is getting better. Hurrah for the 20-somethings! (:
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 39 . 11/15/2010
Whoa; Lila probably made a mistake here.

Excellent update.