Reviews for Testing the Fabric
Whyhow chapter 1 . 4/9
This is an interesting idea, but it might be easier to read if it was broken up into chapters. You also spelled Zoe wit few times.
crestedfrogchicken chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Hahaha! I love it. A little bit disjointed switching from scene to scene (did I use the right word?) but then it smoothed out. And it's serious and then it gets funny... I love it :)
michelann chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I loved this one. Great story and well written. There are a few editing errors but, otherwisd great. I hope you write more.
Anon. Fireflyfan chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
It's been sooo long since I've discovered really good fanfic for Firefly (tongue-twister ;) but I'm very happy to have discovered your story! Somehow this gem slipped under my Simon and River adventure radar, but it really is a very interesting take on the crew's relationships at the beginning. Even though it is AU, it still felt very in character and true to how those relationships developed in canon. You just sped up the process a bit, and I loved it!
wordsurfer chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This was amazing! Everyone was perfectly in character especially Simon and Patience. There aren't enough stories that really get Simon right. Plus, it was exciting, and was definitely exactly what would have happened had Mal thrown them off (especially the scene where everyone convinced Mal to go back).
LaLa chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Ohhh that was so good! The ending made me laughXDXD please continue!
Youko Princess chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Well done! Totally plausible and credible! Nice length and format. Great script!
Kamp chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
i really enjoyed this story. it was fun and exciting. and i never really thought about the reason why mal shot dobson besides the fact that he was a danger to the crew. always wondered what would have happened it simon had. i like how you handled them getting kicked off. all those little things about how they manage to survive in the desert and make allies. and i like the idea of simon and jayne against the reavers. i love the interactions between the crew. and the bit about simon dealing with patience and him in the infirmary; loved that part.
AngusH chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
A great and shiny story :-)

River was great and it was angsty in places while still being perfectly plausible and most definitely not forced.

Great work!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
This was brilliant, you have Mal down to a T.
garden-crafter chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
This was totally shiny ! I liked that it had both adventure and comedy in it !
Creedog VanDrey chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
The story was intelligent enough. Plenty of action, good plot, and a humorous ending that fit in as good as Whedon could do. Keep up the good work. One suggestion, lines of dialogue without indication to who's saying them is confusing.
Dugleik chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
That was a brilliant answer to one of the what if's I have. Love it.
Winter Stars chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Hiya... sorry it took me awhile to review. I'm not familiar with Firefly fandom, so before I read your story, I need to at least watch the pilot (aka. have to look for someone who had the Pilot episode). Anyway. That done, I must say that you still got it. Your style of writing is very natural, very gentle yet witty. You pretty much captured the soul of the fandom. From (just the one) epi that I saw, I say that the characterisation is spot on. I like River. There's not much of her on the Pilot, but I can sorta guess what her behaviour would be (I'll have to get hold of more episodes. I think you made a fan out of me), and I say I think you got it. I like her scattered thoughts and quips, and I like how she called Mal: daddy. I thought that was sweet. Zoe's presence and influence to Mal, and Jayne's kinda-rough-but-not-really attitude was great too. I love how you incorporate the ending as well, just like the Pilot epi. I especially like your attention to detail in your writing, be it House or Firefly :) ANd that last drunken scene? Gold. :P Keep on writing, girl! I sure enjoy your work so very, very much.
bugchicklv chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
LOL! The ending was HI-Larious and I loved Kaylee's insistence on being near a drunk, naked Simon. My slashy little heart also warmed to the little hints (whether you intended them or not!). Very engaging piece and I too liked the way you justified Mal's ordering Simon off of Serenity.