Reviews for The Guilty and the Innocent
totally random reveiwer chapter 9 . 11/6/2009
man im suprised there is not more reviews for it this was probrobly the most amazing giovani fic i have ever read the plot and everything were simply amazing an great fic i think everyone should read you should go into proffessional writing
DarkRocketX chapter 9 . 10/11/2008
Who! SUch a twisted plot. I didn't think it was possible. Nice giong. Great story!
DarkRocketX chapter 3 . 10/11/2008
Hahahahaha. It is so funny. I love the bit with the rattata and Giovanni. Shish-ka-bob. Hehe. Nice chapter.
Zalein chapter 9 . 11/15/2007
I'm frankly quite amazed that there aren't more reviews for this than there are. No matter how old it is, it's still good writing.

It's been years since I've seen a Pokemon cartoon, but this brought so much of it back to me. Expressions and phrases using pokemon all made sense, even with what little I remembered.

The story was that of the journey Giovanni made from what he was to what he has become. Yeah, that probably sounds awkward, but I don't know how to describe it. All I can say is that it was well written, and well structured, and altogether a good read.

That is all. XD
Cosmic Mewtwo chapter 9 . 10/29/2005
Oh my... that was certainly a treat for a Giovanni fan like myself. Honestly, that was possibly one of the best portrayals of Giovanni's character I've seen yet. It was completely believable, and certainly different than what a lot of people write. You really have a way with developing a character's personality.

Professor Oak was handled remarkably well, too. His friendship with Giovanni was one of the most interesting things that I've had the pleasure of reading lately. I've never seen something like that done in pokémon fanfiction before.

And the flashbacks... usually flashbacks kind of annoy me in fanfics, but they were wonderful in this story. The details of Giovanni's past deviated a bit from the actual canon (it was actually Giovanni's mother, Madam Boss, who ran Team Rocket before he did), but that didn't take away from the story at all. I enjoyed

And, like Saffire Persian said, the only problems with this story were little mechanical errors. There were quite a few places where comma usage could have been better, and some of the sentences seemed a little awkward. But your story-telling ability obviously made up for that since I ended up reading the whole thing. :P (oh, and Ash's last name is spelled Ketchum, not Katchum; just me being nitpicky)

I think I'll add this to my favorites, and I'll certainly read the sequel when I have the chance. :)
undersaffiresky chapter 9 . 10/26/2005
Reading this all through in one sitting was very entertaining. And I will say this much: I loved it. The three main characters in this story that you portray (By this I mean Oak, Giovanni, and the Persian.. yes, I consider him a character). Are very well developed, and even the Persian seems to have a very unique personality of his own. Which was the highlight of the first few chapters, in my opinion, as well as Giovanni's very believable past that fits in with what little we know about his character.

Oak was also character I enjoyed, though certainly not to the extent of Giovanni, but you portrayed him well, and the friendship between the two was definitely a unique one. I haven't seen a piece of fiction that focused on these two characters together.

The flashbacks were wel placed, and I enjoyed the battle scenes, as well as the cameos made by the original anime charcters (such as Ash, whom seems to be playing a larger in the sequel).

The only problems are totally mechanical. As in placement of dashes, commas, etc. (Mostly commas) which I believe I had mentioned before, and a few typos that no writer can possibly avoid.

Still, the developed characters make the story what it is (in all your stories, actually), and really make your stories worth reading. The mechanical stuff merely makes the story read a little more smoothly.

Which is why I'd like to offer to be a Beta-reader for your stories, which would definitely help solve your mechanical problem, which is probably a on a great account on the work and college you have to balance. I'd even offer to beta-read the stories you already posted, and rid them as best I can of all those mechanical errors and such.

If you'd like a beta-reader, then you can contact me at my e-mail address, but the choice is entirely up to you. I realize many writers do not want Beta-readers.

Anyway, good luck.

-Saffire
Some Random Tales Fan chapter 9 . 10/12/2005
*eye twitch* ...why art thou updating this?

*drags Kasan back to Shards* NOW WRITE! WRITE! _

The Kratos compels you _

Okay now I'll write a nice quicky review on this.

I never Understand how you can delve into a seemingly simple character and bring out these amazing personalities that you create...I really don't. This story is just as well written as your other works...Which I love and check for updates everyday. (I'm a VERY fast reader with a mountain of spare time...which annoys me sometimes) The stories you make have me laughing, crying, chewing my nails with suspense, or even staring in amazement sometimes. I love your style, I don't think I've found another author on this site quite like it... (I've been here 4 years, so trust me on this one.)

Now being a former Pokemon fan, I have read quite alot of fics regarding the genre, but this one takes a wonderful new approach to a pair of characters that I usually wouldn't give too much speculation to. So well done in making me do that.

Another Issue I'd like to offer is a for your other stories, namely the Tales ones. I've become quite competant at drawing the characters from the game and if you ever wish a scene from any of your stories drawn for you, my email is there and I'd be more than happy to attempt some fanart for you.

Its up to you to pick a scene you like though as I have too many I like already. _

Thank you, just for writing.

~A Random Fan
Ultraviolet Twilight chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Hey, this is a good story. My favorite character is Giovanni in pokemon so i was immedeately intrigued. I like how you developed the story! Good Job! When i start posting my fanfiction, do you think i can use one of your ideas? (it's the connection between Gio and his father that i'd like to use. You really emphasized on what i was lookin' for).

Anywayz, I hope to see more work from you!
Facia chapter 2 . 10/4/2005
Wow. This is really good. A lot of stuff with Giovanni in it tends to go OOC - either he's sappy or he's pure evil. You seem to have a really good grasp on his character, and even in the flashbacks the characters seemed like themselves. The dialogue was great too - it really flowed and didn't rush straight to the point too fast.