Reviews for A Boy Less Ordinary
SuzuBells chapter 6 . 10/23
This was very nice with an interesting story and everything! The Harry Potter reference was funny, too.
Haha hilarious!
Minutia R chapter 6 . 5/22/2011
I hope you see this review, even though it seems like you haven't used this account for a while, because it would be a shame if I couldn't let you know how much I enjoyed this fic.

At first it didn't look like it was going anywhere interesting, but I kept reading anyway because I liked your Chrestomanci so much. And then-I have to say I didn't see the twist at the end of the first chapter coming at all. Everything after that was pure excellent.

I was especially happy to see Chrestomanci establishing what will later become his standard practice of making the people who call him for help take responsibility and at least contribute to the solution of their own problems.

And-I'm not sure if you intended this, especially since this seems to have been written before Pinhoe Egg was published-but is this by any chance the origin story of Chrestomanci's secretary Tom? Your Tom certainly seems like he might grow into the sort of person who could perform minor miracles with an agenda.

I mentioned I love this, right? Because I love this.
The Giant Daifuku chapter 6 . 10/11/2009
Oh! Oh! I thought that this was really fun. Great take on Diana Wynne Jones... I thought that you showed Tom's character really well, as someone who changed over time. This story was quite complex on it's own level... great job!
grey280 chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Wow, that was a sudden plot twist at the end.

In other news, I like your story!
stupid thing chapter 6 . 4/1/2009

I never realised that he was missing a life more than before.

Your fic is great. I can't believe that nobody realised this idea before from a normal boy who is disregarded because he isn't abnormal like them.

Well I better go back to study but thanks for your fic.

your stupid thing
Hidari chapter 6 . 1/5/2009
I couldn't agree with you more. One of my fave lines was "You can't! You've gotta be Dark Lord!" Lol.
Elaienar chapter 6 . 1/4/2009
And then they all lived happily ever after!

You have no idea how delighted I am to find a really good DWJ fanfiction here. Or maybe you do, but anyway I'm very delighted. I hadn't noticed about the discrepancy in Christopher's lives, but that does leave a lot of room for speculation, doesn't it? I like your version of how he lost it. And I don't know if you did it on purpose, but your style of writing the story was reminiscent of Diana Wynne Jones', which was nice. I loved the ending!
Elaienar chapter 5 . 1/4/2009
What, right NOW? Should I be alarmed, or should I read the next chapter?

I think I'll read the next chapter. I'm having too much fun to stop. XD
Elaienar chapter 4 . 1/4/2009
Well, green is a nice colour. Unless you come from the Potterverse, I suppose. I'm pleased that Tom has left - I was afraid that he wouldn't. Good work with the chapter, especially the magic; I like the way you described it.
Elaienar chapter 3 . 1/4/2009
Now I feel like a complete idiot for forgetting about the whole nine-lives thing. I mean, I haven't read the books in ages so it's probably natural to forget things, but still. Yeesh. Good chapter. The hamster is annoying and funny at the same time.
Elaienar chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
...Somehow I think that another "oh, dear" would not be adequate in this situation. Perhaps a shriek of distress? I'll have to try that, or maybe some swooning.

I liked the chapter, except for the part where people died. If they actually did, that is. If they didn't, I congratulate you on pretty much convincing me that they did.
Elaienar chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Oh dear.

It took me at least half the chapter to figure out that Tom was considered a weirdo because he was (apparently) the only normal person in a family of weird evil people. I think it was the black horses and screaming that tipped me off. Excellent beginning!
Gabriella chapter 6 . 11/26/2008
I haven't read any of the novels by Diana Wynne Jones-thought they looked interesting but didn't get around to them-but this story was very amusing and interesting nonetheless. _ You did a great job in showing how Tom's view of "normal" compared to the general, good view of "normal". And of course, Chrestomanci's character was delightful and comically absurd, as it seems he was meant to be. Thanks for such an interesting work! Maybe I'll finally go read some of the novels now after reading this piece of fanwork.
Cwena chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
This was so enjoyable! It really seemed like DWJ could have written it.

I have to admit, I completely didn't expect the Dark Lord to be Tom's dad!

Great story!