Reviews for Calvin's Crazy Cooking Show
PDXWiz chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Oh my gosh! This is as funny a tale as I've ever read! You had the characters down perfectly, and the antics were absolutely 1 trillion percent authentic! I laughed and laughed and laughed throughout the entire story! This story deserves to be among my favorites! Eggboy was a wonderful creation that I felt could have flowed from Bill Watterson's imagination, and I think that Susie's teaming up with her great-aunt was wonderful. I loved to see Calvin get his comeuppance!

You did something that I thought was pretty interesting in having the other characters respond to what Hobbes said, but that Calvin said it without jiggling the tiger like a ventriloquist's dummy, leaving the others unsure as to who was doing the talking. Usually, I always thought that what Hobbes said was just in his imagination, like the adventures he had while everyone around him saw him carrying on with this small toy tiger and talking to himself. It was really cool seeing Calvin's imagination in full force, while everyone is dealing with him, AND also having Hobbes talk at the same time...

I also thought it was really cool when you had Calvin's mom bust his chops by not letting him go outside for a few days and still be grounded for a month. And then he had to write all those letters of apology... How did she get all those viewer's names and addresses? That was a great move on her-and your-part. And then Calvin somehow got Earl's phone number...that was funny, too.

If there was a problem with it (not that there was), was that it wasn't a movie. I actually felt like it was highly cinematic, or like a cartoon, and at the end, I REALLY wished it was a videotape or cartoon I could play again in the future.

Calvin and Hobbes are very good in your hands and I hope to see more of them in your work in the future.

Thanks,

Gordon
senor-Gabriel chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
ok this story had potentaly but you blew it all to real the comics and liked it but you cant write it for beans i like the idea hate the would a cooking shot be taking pics and the cheif is explanig what hes wouold never say o punish sad.
Music Chick chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Wow! This was coolbeans! It's like you became Calvin. Not too many adults can get into a kid's character. Keep writing.