Reviews for Leave all this to yesterday
SilverrAngell chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Mkay, I know this story was written a while ago, but I'm still reviewing it, cuz' everyone likes reviews, right?

Anyways

That was Amazing! I love your writing style!

Beautifulness. _
Cris chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Fantastic! You had me completely suckered. I was completely convinced it was Estel until the end. But when I went back and reread the story I saw that it worked completely with Legolas. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
memyselfandi chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
*clap clap* Not to shabby.
invisigoth3 chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Nice.. I spent most of the time trying to guess..Legolas or Aragorn, When I got to Filthy Ranger, I guess Legolas. Then after I finished I reread it. Nice piece I like the imagery of both the present and the past.
Manwathiel chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
That was beautiful. Absolutely stunning. It is so well written it makes me feel like I'm the worst writer on the planet. :p Thank you for writing this.
Deana chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Great story! :)
Larbo chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Well for someone for whom "English is not your mother tongue" you did fantastically well...I only learned English wasn't your first language when I read it in your profile, would never have guessed from reading this story.

As to the story itself - a nice little vignette of one moment of blessed stilness in a time of chaos, one moment to reflect on loss and the fragility of the future, and the stillness does capture the ethereal quality of the Elves.

Criticisms...a little overuse of the word "aye" - can't recall Legolas (or anyone for that matter) using that word more than once or twice in the entire trilogy. And just a nagging feeling that there are no real surprises in what we read - I felt my interest rise sharply when I read the "filthy ranger from the North" part but only because I (mistakenly) thought that this was Legolas' secret opinion of Aragorn!

I realise it may be out-of-keeping with the trilogy but if you're doing a short piece like this I would try and throw something in there the audience might not be expecting - a little fact about Legolas that Tolkien never revealed, maybe an incident in the past. Just something to make the story linger in our memories a little more.

But overall, excellent work :)