Reviews for Understanding
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
*Shivers*

Yep. You definitely captured his voice here. What makes me sick is the fact that Tucker thinks what he did is so great and wonderful for everyone, including Nina.

GAH.

Hate the guy. Loved how you captured him in this piece.

Sapphireswimming
Unsane Chibi chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Would it scare you if I worshipped you...?

Seriously, you captured the character perfectly...

I'm a Nina fan, can't stand Tucker, giggle at Alexander, etc.

Therefore, I MUST read every Nina fic. Yours is one of my faves.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
What's really scary about this story is Tucker probely belived exactly that. He probebly believed that he had created some kind of miracle and that he should be praised. They say there is a thin line between genuis and insanity and he crossed it. Boy did he ever cross it. Great story and a really good introspective one-shot! I liked it alot!
Moomoogirl1 chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Yeah so what Tucker? All of us still hate you.

You did a good job getting his character down. I got give you a ten for that! The difference between Ed and Tucker is that when Ed did the human transmutation he did out of love. (Even if it was a bit selfish.)

Tucker did it for his own selfish reasons too but it wasn't for the love of Nina and his wife. It was for the love of his smarts in science.

And thats why I hate Tucker and love Ed!

Anyways sorry for rambling! You did a great job dealing with such a difficult charater. Keep it up!
MrsPiccolosWife chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
ugh...he's evil...you did capture his twisted personality. Youy did very well with his totally messed up logic,too
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Perhaps it just makes me creepy too...but I *can* see where he's coming from... ;)

If you think about it from a parental POV...losing a child, especially to violence (Nina was murdered, right?) can be enough to drive a parent to doing some really, really scary/creepy/weird/crazy things. The death of a child disrupts the natural flow of the world, it simply *isn't* supposed to happen, (according to the way we view the world) parents should never have to bury their children.

So...saying that...I can, on some level, understand why Tucker did what he did. Truly, how is it all that different from what Izumi, Ed, and Al all tried to do with the human transmutations? All were desperate to restore someone they loved more than all the world. Tucker just went about his attempt a bit differently.

*shrug*...now that I've rambled on forever (sorry! :) That's just my take on it... :)

Wonderful story, I can hear Tucker's ultra-creepy whispery voice throughout. ;)
Crystalazer chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Whoo...that made me shiver.

Gah, Tucker's so creepy.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Hi, Henrika!

Ew! Yep, you got Shou Tucker down pat, but yuck. He's nasty. Poor NIna! This was an interesting story, though. Thanks!