Reviews for Bread and Chocolate
Piscaria chapter 4 . 5/29/2006
This is one of my absolute favorite pieces in this fandom, so I'm thrilled to see you continuing it. Your prose is so beautifully mastered. I've got a thing for well-written experimental writing, and this delivers wonderfully. It's amazing to see a piece that so cleverly desensitizes the reader to the thought of Wonka's death. By the time I finally realize what had happened, I, like Charlie, had become numb to the idea. That's some powerful writing. I am deeply impressed.
kaput chapter 3 . 12/1/2005
I love this. Depressing, of course, but I still love it. Your imagery and analogy are superb. Bravo!
ViviendoVivo chapter 2 . 10/19/2005
Beautiful. Lyrical language, compelling, intriguing. Ajectives can't begin to replicate the emotions flowing from the page.

My only complaint is that in the first chapter, you spelled Augustus's name wrong.
ElasticBobaTurtle chapter 2 . 10/16/2005
Another great one. Wonderful job; I love so many of the lines in this. There's a kind of deep wisdom in this one, sort of sad and secretly harbored.

I enjoyed it immensely. :D
ElasticBobaTurtle chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Ah. Omg. That was like...brilliant. Wonka as a retard; I never would have thought. Beautifully done, wonderfully crafted.
dasfdsgdv chapter 2 . 10/10/2005
Wow. WOW! That's really deep. So meaningful, and true. *sighs*
kaput chapter 2 . 10/10/2005
Beautiful! Good gravy, but I'm jealous of your ability. You capture everything about Charlie and his relationship with Wonka that I myself try (and fail) to portray... How do you do it? How can you capture so terrible and awesome an emotion, something so intangible that it should by all rights be unwriteable, and make it sound so effortless? Ack. My brain refuses to function in the wake of such powerful words. This is going on my favorites list RIGHT NOW. You have an incredible talent, my friend. Never waste it!
pixie paramount chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
lovely, lovely, lovely. the whole thing is just divine. the thing that makes this such a fabulous gem is the characteriation, how true it sticks to the characters involved. a lovely piece of fanfiction. I love it.

-pixie
skyline angel chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
whoa... cool POV. i never thought of it that way.\
AquaPhoenix1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
This is really nice! A little brief, but hey, that's what drabble is. I hope you write more of this sort of stuff... it really is nice to get to know those non-Wonka characters.

~Aqua~
kaput chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Lovely, lovely. I think your characterizations are quite intriguing. Keep up the good work! :-)
AuntStinky chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
That first line cracked me up :D

This is very unique, I love your descriptions of Wonka bars, I never thought of them that way! :D Really fun to read, I wanna see what else you come up with!