Reviews for Saints and Sinners
rock n roll star chapter 12 . 8/10/2008
Wow, you actually got the history of the churches right back then. Very few peopleknow it was Henrey VI who demolished the Catholic church and destroyed the monastaries. even though I just came across your story, it is enchanting to say the least. I only wish my early work was as great as yours and that I paid attention to such things, even though I knew them at the time.

love-

rock n roll star/ stretched rubbersoul
Shpadana Zizais chapter 19 . 12/14/2006
Just a small thing... Jack's compass does NOT point to the Isla de Muerta, but to the one thing he wants the most. In the first movie, it was the Pearl, and so he could always find it. In the second, it was rather undecided between Elizabeth and the key to the chest in which lies Davy Jones' heart. That was why the needle flicked back and forth from Elizabeth to the key. Other than that, it's still quite good!
Shpadana Zizais chapter 12 . 12/12/2006
So far I like it. I'm not one to review often, so you'll have to make do. ;)

I did notice one thing - you've used the saying "Methinks you protest too much" a few times, and each time incorrectly. It may be a minor detail, but it's "Methinks she doth protest too much"... in the third person, using the archaic form of "does". Also, to be true to the time, it is extremely unlikely that the whore who said it (Aggie or Giselle, I can't remember) would be so familiar with literature. PERHAPS (and that's a big perhaps) Jack would have come across it once, being the adventurous type and one who is portrayed as more refined than he tries to appear, but a pirate in those times would not be aware of the literary significance of the phrase.

Also, I'm confused as to the origins of Noah - is he an African slave, or an Irish convict deported to the Americas? At first I was under the impression that he was a black slave, but was disconcerted by the brief biographical dialogue that occurred recently.

Lastly, most people think before they voice something, rather than articulating one word at a time - few people, in true form, actually correct themselves. So when Celia says something like "Mis...Oliver", it seems to detract from the reality of the story.

Don't be disheartened; I'm a harsh critic, most difficult on the stories I believe have a chance in hell of surviving. Yours, I think, has prospered despite some minor flaws. Besides that... just shape Celia in your general image. Cast her in ways that you know you would act - and react. You know best how you would do so, and so I would advise you not to create a new person, but to mold a twin character to your own.

Wow - it's been quite some time since I've written... I so enjoy using flowery writing, and I'm using it copiously in this review.

In bocca al lupo,

S.Z.
StarCrossdSparrow chapter 25 . 9/9/2006
Wow... that was incredible! Intense, provocative, basically gorgeous! The ending, of course, made me sad... I mean, Jack might be a first-class cad, but there's a heart of pure gold somewhere under all that filth. But... I guess I'll have to pick it up in New Beginnings ;0)

Thanks for the wonderful story... it kept me reading far into the night...

Yours,

Star Cross'd Sparrow
Cute-Little-Critic chapter 25 . 8/19/2006
ah! no! it cant be over! so there really is a sequel, right? it is still jack and celia? it better be! im gonna go and check your profile and stories now! great story though! bye!

DnCnChIcK
1BabyBoy chapter 25 . 6/19/2006
Alright! Now, I'm going to search for New Beginnings. Have you begun it as yet? I certainly enjoy all of your work. Each story is different from the other, and all of it fresh and entertaining! Thank you so much for bringing many grins to my lonely evenings!
orinoco's mouth chapter 25 . 6/19/2006
Oh, a new story, exciting! Another great chapter and looking forward to the next story.
Lady Fae chapter 25 . 6/13/2006
It's over? Wow, that was an amazing story! I can't wait for the sequel! I hope it'll be up soon. _

PS: If this story is complete, you might want to mark it as such, so people don't get confused.
kate chapter 25 . 6/12/2006
ha! well i guess jack will learn his lesson now when he will find celia all happy with child and with a guy that cares for her as oliver does!

can't wait for new beginnings!

i still think that celia and jack belong together, but i liked this ending too! :)
DCoD chapter 25 . 6/12/2006
Oh boy...

Damn happy to see that you've updated! And ish, quite a long chapter at that, which is awesome of course. But my word, Celia along and pregnant, only to meet up with Oliver...

OY.

I cannot wait to see what happens in New Beginnings. I'll be looking for it eagerly. And thank you SO much for sharing this wonderful story with us readers. It's been a pleasure to read!
Lady in the Willows chapter 25 . 6/11/2006
A good ending, my dear. A very good ending.

I was always rooting for Oliver. I luv Jack, make no mistake, but Celia needs more. In my humble opinion.

Thanks for the lovely writing, my dear!
Sentinel Sparrow chapter 25 . 6/11/2006
arf!arf!arf!

That was...I have no words...

And i never even got to know that its over...darn...

awh!the sequel ain't up yet...

though it WILL be up soon, won't it?(puppy eyes)

All Hail Ani!

-Jen
Sauruna chapter 25 . 6/11/2006
a sequel? squeal! yay! go sequel!
Johnny'shumiliatedgrape chapter 25 . 6/10/2006
Oh, Ani! That was a bloody wonderful ending. One of my favorites yet, I say. Talk about great irony for Jack! And Mouse is back! Oh, I cannot wait. :D:D:D:D
Johnnyluver4ever chapter 25 . 6/10/2006
Lovin it, however, She IS going back to Jack right? ...*hint hint, nudge nudge* haha

Cant wait for 'New Beginnings'!

-JL4-