Reviews for True Intelligence
Ang chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I am very impressed with this fic
I am dyslexic in all 3 forms and u did a really good job researching what it is and how it effects us. WELL DONE!
Blufirewing chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
:( did Fei Fei ever come around? Otherwise very well done. The ending was very sweet. :)
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
that was very sweet! :)
Buzzlette chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Thank you for not only writing this, but putting out there for the world to see. Thank you for educating people on dyslexia and wonderfully illustrating that it's just a reading(and learning if you want to go that far) disorder and not an intellectual disorder. This story strikes close to home and I had a hard time getting through it because I wanted to rage at Wufei for being a holier-than-thou, bigoted idiot.

I have dyslexia (amoung a host of other disorders including ADD and central auditory processing disorder) and it is difficult to deal with even if you accept it and apply the methods to cope with/overcome it. But it is possible and I consider myself a good example of that. After years of learning and applying different study and learning methods, I scored a perfect score on the Reading and Comprehension portion of the ACT.

But it is hard to put up with or ignore the condescension and sometimes out and out bullying from people who don't understand. It's especially bad from people who are smart but have never had to deal with /any/ kind of learning disorder, as you showed so well.

And I loved how you showed that though dyslexic people may be deficient (for want of a less negative word) in one area, they make up for it by doing intuitively, almost instinctively well in another. Duo may not be able to name all the elements, but he understands chemistry very well. He intuitively understands how the elements interact with each other, specifically what will create the biggest explosion :D

"Most people with dyslexia had above average intelligence – as if he didn't know that already from Duo – they just utilized that ability in different ways. Not better or worse, just different." Wonderfully said.

So, once again, thank you for writing and publishing this. Thank you for taking the time to educate even a few people on this subject.

P.S. I find having dyslexia makes everyday life a little more enjoyable. Just the other day I passed one of those "Vote for X" signs on the road and I have no idea what it actually said but what I saw was: "FLEAGREASE for Congress!" XD
Hellcat81 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
great fic. though i admit i'd like to see a sequel in which wufei finds out duo speaks/writes chinese and is floored. .
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Until he’d met Duo, Heero hadn’t even known it was possible to make a bomb out of cough syrup and banana chips.

sounds interesting.

good story. even though wufei is being an idiot.
Nebelkind chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
That is a really good story!

You seem to know a lot of dyslexia!

Kaela chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
nice. one note though, most "decent" literature after the 17th century has Shakespeare as a predecessor. ~shrugs~ it's useless learning the subject from people who aren't passionate about it. and i don't know anyone who truly understands any of it to call it dribble.

meh, doesn't have much to do with the story, i know, just kinda stuck with me.
Ioujj chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
hmm...yes, you should accept people, i guess...would save a lot of problems...but isn't the beauty and intelligence and humor a big part of who he is..his personality? what is a person if you strip away everything? nothing..really.
Kiraya Sakira chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
God, Wufei is harsh. I really enjoyed this story, and I could definately relate to this. I have a friend who's dyslexic, and my friends and I used to... not exactly yell at her for her spelling when she wrote stories with us, but we told her that she needed to work on it. But when we found out, we stopped... And yelled at her for not telling us. We felt really guilty, and I can't imagine anyone doing that to a friend. Wufei definately lost a point in my book.
Maxwell-Yuy chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
I like this story. I'm dyslexic, too. I'm very smart, disorganized, have an excellent directional sense, and a pretty good memory. I can remember and describe places I went to once, many years ago, almost completely. But when I write by hand (not typing), my letters will get mixed, and when I read, I trip up sometimes, etc. But working hard (by reading a LOT) masked probably 95% of the "symptoms."

This was like reading about myself. Especially the part about gettin lectures - I can sit in a lecture and ace a test, but if I'm told to read a chapter, no way. Also, I was "outed" with dyslexia to my friends when one joked about it. They were making fun of people with dyslexia as being stupid, and I said offhand, "I'm dyslexic." They BURST OUT LAUGHING. They thought I was joking. I couldn't be dyslexic! I'm too smart!

...they felt like assholes when they figured out I wasn't joking, and I explained about being taken out of class as a child for a math class that was 2 years advanced, and also being taken out of class for remedial, basic, lowest of lows reading classes.

I still get occasional jokes, which is fine. I'm smarter than them, I'm at a higher reading and writing level now, and they know it P
Leopardus Pardalis chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
Wow. Very well written. It touched me, and I neither have dyslexia or know anyone with dyslexia. It's also a very original veiw of Duo. Usually, one don't think of the pilots having oridnary, for lack of a better word, handicaps.
Orphen27 chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
nice story i have dyslexia myslef and think your story mis very simler to whats happend in my life because of my dyslexia.

thanx for a great story
Virg chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
not bad story! it sounded like a kiddie story about "curious goerge and dyslexia!" lol! sorry, nah it was good!
Nikkler chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
That was wonderful. I understand this story very well. I don't have dyslexia, but I have a friend who does and I help him with his work when I can. He can't get the words out the way he wants so that causes his grades to be lower but he is IQ is incredible. I think you did a wonderful job and Wufei needs to get that stick out of his ass! Huggles

Nikkler