Reviews for Descent into Darkness: The Specters of Our Pasts
Andi chapter 9 . 2/28/2008
I LOVE this fanfic! You have to continue it like you say you will or I shall die in agony.
SchattenTanzer chapter 9 . 1/21/2007
Awesome stuff as always! We can't wait until Mordecai meets his fate. Looking forward to seeming more of Artemis trying to help Tai.

Can't read the next one now, but we look forward to it
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 3 . 7/6/2006
Oh god. I'm worried. Every time he says he can overcome it because he's overcome hundreds of problems, he almost dies.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 7/6/2006
This is a very good story. I'm worried for Jarlaxle and Artemis because of Mordecai. And of Jarlaxle's perceived weakness. Because it isn't! I want to be his friend. It's surprising that a story could make me feel so much for this man, as if he is real, and that it's a story that is fanfiction. Your Jarlaxle is someone I care about.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
I loved their banter! It was so perfect, that moment, Jarlaxle insisting he'd been teased and Artemis saying he hadn't. And I love Tai, actually. I don't know what to make of him, but what I do know is that he's charmed me, not only the two dangerous personages of Jarlaxle and Artemis.
Atoile chapter 9 . 5/6/2006
Geez, poor Tai... Yeah, I'll bet this story helps people realize how bad rape really is.

Oh, but I do like Cat. Mordecai sucks, but Cat is cool. I really hope Mordecai gets punished.
Atoile chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Yay! Tai is back! Hello, Tai...

Normally I wait till I've read the whole story to review, but I had to say hi, you understand.

Now, why is he back...?
Ashen Triskel chapter 9 . 1/25/2006
I didn't mention it in the chapter this was included in, but I think you handled the rape scene very well. In fact, not actually describing it makes it more shocking... we don't have time to grow numb, we just find poor Tai lying on the ground, bloodied and traumatized. It more effectively conveys the horror of his rape, but without actually giving us a blow by blow account of it. Although, for people with unceasingly vivid imaginations and a tendency to empathize with story characters (like me) we don't get away from the blow-by-blow account so easily. :P Anyway, great story, as usual! NOW MORDECAI MUST DIE! *fangs erupt from ferociously growling mouth*
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 3 . 1/17/2006
Artemis's musings on the evil little drow were very funny. By the way, Mordecai was the cousin of Esther, who married King Ahasuerus of the Persian Empire in Biblical times, and together Esther and Mordecai saved the Jews from being destroyed at the will of some of the king's less pleasant councilors. Interesting name choice, considering the difference in the two.
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
Lol. This just gets better and better. Now that Artemis doesn't just silently suffer through Jarlaxle's loquacity, some very amusing conversations pop up. Now what is so urgent and how did Tai find them?
Nariel chapter 9 . 11/25/2005
I already like that priestess, right after the first sentence - guess why.

OK, chapter 5... upsetted me. A lot. As scared and mortified I was: my eyes were glued to the screen. And Artemis' reaction! The description of his dilemma: to care or not to care, which is worse? I wish I had better words to describe... I was so gripped, I couldn't even laugh about the quote "I want to believe" (that's what that alien-crazed FBI-agent Mulder from the X-Files always says.) Usually, I would have cracked up... but not after this particular scene. *dead-serious*

To me, it doesn't matter whether a rape scene is implied or graphic: in the first case, my imagination proves a curse, along with my habit to identify myself with the characters I read about. And those who move me mostly, leave a part of themselves in me. Like, after Artemis Entreri I found myself being unable to sleep with an unlocked bedroom door. Or dropping lewd comments at any opportunity presented, that one's from a manga character (an obnoxious, bisexual cop named Dee. He's cool. No arguing!)...and many other quirks. Sometimes, it's scary.

You write brilliantly, can't say it often enough. You really draw the reader in, like with a spider web. I can't even leave a review after each chapter cause I want to continue reading.

I won't ever dare to call myself a writer after reading your work... I'm not worthy! *wide eyed*

Yours and in awe,

Nariel
Nariel chapter 8 . 11/25/2005
Ha! He laughs the cliched villain laugh! That bastard's doomed. Wishin' you a BAD demise, Mordy-honey. *growls*
Nariel chapter 7 . 11/25/2005
Kill that bastard Mordecai! skin him alive matron-Baenre-style!
Nariel chapter 3 . 11/25/2005
I'm back! *dives into the story*

...

It's raining drow! halleluja...

Just imagine Artemis singing thís song... *lol*

It's A Drow reaction... yeah, I'm dealing with it right now as I try to write one of my crossovers where Drizzt comes upon Imladris and is welcomed without said reaction... a funny passage, at least in my imagination.

Oh gosh! I#ll have to type it all... *groans*
Yuen chapter 4 . 10/30/2005
OMG... OMG! Entreri... The last scene was...ohh... wonderful! Mordecai was well portrayed and Entreri's reaction really made me feel for him good chapter.