Reviews for A Road Not Taken
Me chapter 20 . 3/24
I thought u said ud finish the story
dcmom chapter 20 . 2/4
I re-read this story and I still love. Hope you will get back to working on it soon.
GoodbyeLove-HelloDisease chapter 20 . 6/24/2013
I love your story. I know it's been a few years but I hope you pick it up again.
GoodbyeLove-HelloDisease chapter 9 . 6/22/2013
I can't believe you mentioned El Segundo in your story. As an ESHS alumni it was pretty cool. Did you go there or do you just know about it?
Guest chapter 20 . 2/10/2013
I have just come across this story and read it in one sitting. I have really enjoyed the new "back story" to SG-1 and hope that you will stick to your promise at the top of this chapter: "I do promise, no matter how long it takes, I will finish this fic. I know where it's going and where it should end. I just have to get there".

As another reviewer said, I too am wondering how you will handle the Abydos actions and whether or not Sam and Daniel will be together before it takes place. Avoiding Charlie's death will make a great difference to the story - why would Jack be willing to use a nuclear device if he has a wife and child to return to? But I really do hope you keep Charlie alive and his marriage safe.
Furionknight chapter 20 . 2/4/2013
Introitus of Mozart's Requiem appears
wendylee chapter 20 . 2/27/2012
Have thoroughly enjoyed this story, is there any hope that is will be continued?
Saissa chapter 20 . 11/14/2011
This is an absolutely wonderful story. I just found it today (cannot beleive I have never read this one before) and have just finished reading all 20 chapters.

The characters are so perfect and its has been an absolute JOY to finally really know how they developed prior to the stargate.

Its been almost 3 years since the last update - (last updated in January 2009 and this is November 2011) - and we are so close to the stargate.

All we need now is for Daniel to publish his theories, and get laughed out of academia, for Catherine talk to him and Daniel to open the stargate in 2 weeks.

Since this is an AU, I agree with an earlier review that begged for young Charlie's survival. Please dont kill Charlie just for the sake of the story - especially since our 3 musketeers (sam, jack and daniel) have all been friends for 20 years at least.

In the canon world they were all strangers - in this AU they are NOT strangers.

Please please continue with this story if you are able.

Thank you.
Willow99 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Brilliant story, love your portrayal of all the characters, especially Daniel
PaxFormator chapter 20 . 6/29/2011
I love this story! I haven't found many pre-movie stories like this which annoys me and I am begging you to keep going with this one!
bobcox26 chapter 20 . 5/17/2011
I enjoy the story a lot please keep updating me
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 3/2/2011
Hoo boy...

Now THAT is EXCELLENT!

Not only do you come up with a fascinatingly simple concept for the story by having Jack, Daniel and Sam meet each other before the Stargate Program brought them together, but their meetings and the subsequent bond they develop with each other are all explored in a realistic, natural manner, from Jack and Daniel’s initial connection at the museum to all the events that took place afterwards, ranging from Daniel forming a new bond with Sam to Jack and Sam’s letters providing him with a sense of permanency and an opportunity to build up his confidence that he wouldn’t have had before.

Admittedly, there were a couple of scenes I wasn’t too sure about- Nick Ballard ‘sabotaging’ Daniel’s near-adoption didn’t quite work based on my opinion of what we saw of him (He just seemed indifferent to what happened to Daniel in the series; blocking his adoption seems too vindictive for me), I couldn’t see Sam and Daniel just saying that they ‘give thanks’ shortly after they met (I got the sentiment, but I don’t think they’d phrase it that way)-, but scenes like Hammond ‘recognising’ them from the events of “1969” helped to make up for that, and Daniel and Sam’s conflicting feelings over their ‘moments’ with each other make perfect sense, given that they have years of friendship that they don’t want to jeopardise conflicting with the POTENTIAL for something more...

Plus, of course, the amount of detail you put into describing Sam and Daniel’s academic years and Jack’s black-ops training and missions definitely shows that you’ve put a lot of thought into this story as a means of exploring their NORMAL lives rather than just looking at it as a ‘prequel’ to “SG-1” (Which isn’t to say I’m not looking forward to the moment when they all come together at the ‘gate, of course), although moments like Erica’s theory ‘foreshadowing’ Anubis’s attack with that naquadah-enhanced asteroid was an interesting touch.

Add in the addition of more ‘canon characters’ like Robert Rothman and Jonas Hanson in the last couple of chapters, and I have a feeling that we’re only a few chapters away from Catherine Langford making contact with Doctor Jackson for his assistance...

Just one request; while I’m open to seeing how thing develop on Abydos where Sha’re is concerned- although I have a feeling that the Jonas situation is going to be over sooner rather than later in this reality after Sam and Daniel’s last conversation-, I DO have to ask if there’s any chance that Charlie could survive in this reality (Maybe Daniel manages to intervene at a crucial moment or something like that)...

That said, hope you update soon; something with this much detail in it practically DESERVES to be finished!
Infinitechange chapter 20 . 11/9/2010
Awesome story!
blueyblonde chapter 10 . 9/24/2010
i love it
Vicki219 chapter 20 . 8/18/2010
Cool story, i'm really loving it. Were you planning on taking the story upto when they all are part of the stargate program and then maybe a few of the missions? I hope you do as it would be interesting to see how the differences from them knowing eachother beforehand affect the way they act.