Reviews for Eighth
This story is amazing!
Anne chapter 18 . 9/17
What a great story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Anne chapter 10 . 9/16
This has been such an excellent story. Wonderfully written, great tension, perfect evolving romance between Harry and Hermione. Thank you!
uncoconut chapter 14 . 6/14
I like the story so far but their relationship is going WAY too fast. In my opinion, they have too many issues that they have to sort out for themselves before they could get together. They say they're taking it slow, I say otherwise. They hardly discussed their issues, deciding to just let bygones be bygones and just sweep it under the rug which isn't very good of a solution. I hope after all this mess is over, they'd have a good long discussion.
monami27 chapter 18 . 6/11
I haven't read many Harry/Hermione stories. You did a great job with their relationship... and the whole story was just awesome!
tanithlipsky chapter 18 . 5/14
sweet
Sardonic Irony chapter 18 . 5/10
Well I just loved this. One of the unending pleasures of reading your work is the different takes you give on your stories and characters. While Catalyst remains, in my opinion, your finest story that I have read to date, this story was so unrelentingly *real* for lack of a better word. What I mean by this was that I found that this story touched on aspects of the world and the characters that I haven't seen in other stories. For instance I loved that you tackled the idea of Hermione doing things 'in Harry's best interests' - something that is entirely within her character and the fact that this drove him up the wall - also within his character. Touching on the idea that they aren't *entirely* perfect, and the struggles that that involved made the end result so much more worthwhile. This is the first story where I *felt* their personal journey on a larger level - in a sense what I mean is that in this story the climb to the top of the mountain was itself valuable, meaningful and brilliant rather than just reaching the moment of their getting together. I also feel that this was the best depiction you've done of characters such as Ginny and Ron (though I have to say you're consistently excellent and depicting them realistically without bashing) and Malfoy in particular (I hazard a guess that one of your 'draft' epilogues included something with him?). I was sad that Draco didn't get mentioned in the Epilogue - wanted to see where he went from there.

In terms of the plot, I also felt that this was an excellent and entirely original plot, which I had never come across before. I also really enjoyed your idea of wandless magic - and the fact that Harry didn't suddenly become Voldemort's equal through unlocking some special hidden power. I loved the idea that Hermione herself was the power that Voldemort knew not.

My only critiques? One character I've noticed you seem to struggle to breathe life into is Neville. I don't know why this is, but I've found him consistently meek and lifeless in your work. That's not a major issue as he is often not central to your work but I thought it was notable and so wanted to mention it. For a character that is incredibly flexible in his make up it seemed strange given your excellent characterisation of others. I do wish we'd gotten to find out a little about Draco and Snape at the end. I felt it somewhat strange that Snape was dealt with so harshly and that no-one from the Order stepped in to successfully protect him and would like to have had the sense that at least things got better for him. On the front of Draco, I liked the way you ended him and Ginny (brilliantly sensitive and accurate), but wish we'd seen something - given that in this fic your Draco was an incredible rendition of the character fulfilling his potential as a borderline Dark Wizard who isn't truly evil.

Honestly, on the balance (as you can tell from this lengthy review), I adored this story and in many ways this has now become my own personal ending to the HP series. By that I mean that in my head this is effectively how the Deathly Hallows should have proceeded. In many ways your sensitivity to characters, your discerning eye for their unique aspects and your plot made it a more believable and enjoyable ride than the DH.

Congratulations and thank you!

Is it bad to sign off requesting an update to Catalyst (I'm lost without an end to that particular story!)?
Oh for fcks sake what an overreaction from harry!such a cunt.
snewby chapter 18 . 2/27
I loved the characters and their individual journeys. The plot was neat, though done parts felt rushed. Neat story!
tammgrogan chapter 18 . 12/27/2016
You have written a wonderful story, I really enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for a restful day.
Corwyn chapter 18 . 11/14/2016
Loved the story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
0 Jordinio 0 chapter 5 . 10/10/2016
Ugh, this is one lame story. Everything is so all over the place, Harry just kept failing again and again like a complete loser, seriously how many times can he be caught off guard?
anjiepotter chapter 18 . 9/21/2016
I didn't understand how Hermione removed horcrux from Harry.
anjiepotter chapter 18 . 9/21/2016
I had one doubt,Lorien. where exactly was breast bone in our body?
Guest chapter 15 . 2/10/2016
"Once his soul is gone, our Lord Voldemort will be free to take over his body, and rule again."
And he will be really grateful that besides the original damage to the knee, Bellatrix damaged it even more.