Reviews for Mood Music, aka Sound is a Horse
Wordy Rappinghood chapter 15 . 3/10
I was really enjoying this until the ghastly Snape-apology from chapter 13 onwards. It simply won't do to try to beatify Snape by trashing other characters. It completely ruined the story for me.
Scarlet Azalea chapter 15 . 10/12/2014
This was a glorious ride all the way through. I don't usually like fics with OCs in them, but your piece had me extremely pleasantly surprised. Well done! I'm going to start on SOP tomorrow, even though it looks to still be unfinished. I hope you eventually finish that, though. :) Thanks for this one!
quoththeraven5 chapter 9 . 8/11/2013
Man I love these two! :D
quoththeraven5 chapter 7 . 8/11/2013
they are fantastic! :)
quoththeraven5 chapter 6 . 8/11/2013
this woman is AWESOME!
TrisakAminawn chapter 13 . 8/7/2013
That Harry did not see Snape as having feelings is really not his fault. Harry Potter has trouble understanding that other people have *minds.* He's not intentionally unkind, but his empathic senses were stomped and starved out of him very young. He is a very damaged kid.

And when Severus started in on him, he was a very damaged eleven-year-old, who just rolled up his defense mechanisms and let as much of the venom wash off as he could. Severus was just another Vernon Dursley, and Harry had been fighting this war for as long as he could remember. He was hardly going to stop and show his belly just because this one was clever. That Severus was fighting his lifelong war at the same time deserves to be acknowledged, but...he was fighting it against an *eleven-year-old boy.* Exactly how much Death-Eater spying do you really have to do, ten years after the man is gone?

And that game...the children of your entire society are bound up in that game. Do you understand what it means, to cheat at it? Do you understand what you were teaching them? It wasn't loyalty. It certainly wasn't cleverness. It was institutionalized injustice. It was the legitimacy of taking pleasure wielding unequal force against those without recourse. You were training bullies and torturers and (possibly the most dangerous) sadistic bureaucrats. Plenty of ordinary public-school boys never get past "sides and Headmasters and highly ornamental pots"...and Hogwarts claims even more of you than Eton. Did you not grasp the kind of power you'd been handed? The responsibility of it? I mean, not that Dumbledore set a very good example himself, with that disgusting display at the end of Harry's first year, but at least that was about 'reward' rather than 'spite.'

When Severus was playing the one-up game about bad childhoods, and on the subject of his childhood generally, I kept feeling Eileen like a great blot of emptiness. I've seen her dealt with a lot of ways, from half-mad with bitterness to a tender, trampled thing, but in this story apart from discussion of blood-status she's just been - a nonentity. The boy had two parents. The mother is a major psychological figure, one way or another.

Unless she was totally absent, or also hated him, or died when he was very small, or something...Severus had that. He had a mother.
MuggleCreator chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
Oh. My. Merlin.

Before now I've always had some trouble – well, since DH & its movies came out – reconciling my views of Severus and the Marauders.
I just tended to shy away from analysing their school years too closely; or I dumbed it down for myself, because it just didn't sit right with me otherwise. But – thank you for this.

This story explores Severus' past beautifully and gives credible explanations to why the Marauders were – the way they were. Oh course Remus was under James & Sirius in Pakistan terms...
I'm keeping this story in my treasure trove of goodies from which to "reference", for want of a better word.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/27/2012
i'm sorry if this review isnt terribly helpful in terms of constructive criticism, but i liked the story very much, although i hv to admit some of the poems escaped my understanding. loved the way lynsey keeps thinking about 'her' professor. good job!
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I like it so far! You brought back a lot of memories talking about the celebrations (I love the faires and festivals, myself), and I was laughing at the "mundanes" part.
Ormspryde chapter 15 . 12/3/2011
Glorious story, very gripping, and...alive, with the old ways.
charles321 chapter 15 . 5/3/2011
Lynsey was quite obviously a self-insertion, however, in all my years of reading, writing, and helping to edit amateur fiction, I believe that this was the first time I have ever seen a self-insertion well done, so good work. I have seen a few well done Marry Sues, but I find that they are extremely rare, so once again, very good work. I find it exceptionally impressive when authors do things that you are not supposed to do, and manage to pull it off. I also enjoyed your realistic interpretation of Snape's character, and your insertion of real paganism into the Harry Potter universe.
WhiteFang001 chapter 15 . 3/1/2011
I desperately loved this series - there are soo many great ideas and lyrics - the characters and language have grown up and taken a form of their own. I love the idea of the shaymen magic/ magic and the way she rescues him as well as the conversations held between the two. Her character seems to fit him - offsetting enough from his snarkyness and when written from her point of view you can see she is wise and thinks of it as humerous as times.

Love the idea of punishing Fenrir by pulling teeth - and the fact that Lupin has grown up some to realise that Snape might be a better alpha wolf... Animagus fox? I believe that it would suit xD I love have loved to see a fanfic chapter which captures that scene of werewolf trans. between Moony and Snape/fox...

I've never really read a fanfiction where Snape dominates Lupin in those canine senses but to me it makes perfect sense.

Agreeing with all things in this fanfiction - it's beautifully written and comprised of many memorable scenes.

I wonder whether you are ever going to finish this off- prehaps as a sequal? I feel as if there are soo many paths not yet tread by this line of thought, and the stories you could get out of them would be awe inspiring.

Please consider a sequal - I look forward to any writing you do in the near future! xD
Adana Wellbeloved chapter 15 . 2/25/2011
I adored this story, up 'til the last few chapters. You've depicted SS in such a believable, understandable, horrid way that outshines so many other FF. Your OC is able to match his darkness while shedding light on her savior/companion, I was really taken by their interaction. But the last few chapters fell into Severus and whoever he was talking to reciting monologues at each other. And your wonderful OC sitting there listening with an occasional "oh this is awkward" thought displayed for us.

I loved the idea that muggle witches have access to magickal power and enjoyed watching that type of power and skill being displayed and explained to HP type magic user. It seems like it has the potential to be such a rich topic, I hope you continue to explore it in other stories.

Now, off to see what else your twisty lil mind has come up with!
Miravisu chapter 15 . 1/3/2011
This is quite the different starting point and take on the aftermath of Severus actions. Very interesting and exciting read!
Cirrat chapter 15 . 7/22/2010
I liked this very much - but there's one feature that makes it hard to read, same as the Lost and Found, actually.

There are not so much dialogues as alternating long monologues. If I may, I'd suggest to break this up a bit. Just a few sentences, add expressing emotions physically, add a reaction from the other side, continue the speech for a few sentences, repeat, switch sides. I, as a reader, miss knowing what's going on around and how do they feel and so on.

Not that the speeches are bad or not interesting or something, but it gives this thickness to the story and makes it hard to bite through...

On to your other things ;-)