Reviews for Petuna's Birthday
Amdiranifanijefri chapter 1 . 12/26/2020
Score one for the magic of penitence
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 12/14/2019
However did I miss reading this before? It's just beautiful and I love the ending!
TheWickedRainbow chapter 1 . 2/10/2019
wait. so petubia is a witch anyway? didn't see that coming!
Jonan chapter 1 . 5/6/2017
Lovely story. I just found your other stories and I am enjoying them all. Destiny is my favorite so far.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 3/8/2017
nicely written
Scabbers1957 chapter 1 . 1/12/2017
Very well thought out and written.
This is the kind of story's I like...the usual stuff gets boring real quick.
I'll add this little gem to my story favorites.
Very well done by the way.

:))
HeartsGlow chapter 1 . 2/27/2015
That Witch!
Deathday Party Planner chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
Excellent! A well written and and certainly emotional. The growing separation between Hermione and her parents is only dealt with slightly but it is a well trode theme in fan fiction for muggleborns to grow distant separated by magic and perhaps the very structure of a Hogwarts' eduction. Consistent with that, this story adds a confusing element as it flys in the face of JKR!canon where Petunia wasn't magical and despite having written letters to Dumbledore begging to be allowed to go to Hogwarts was sadly told, "No." As bad as that rejection must have felt, how much worse must it have been if Petunia's magic was missed and she was mistakenly separated from her beloved sister that occupied such huge part of her young heart. The act driving a small but telling wedge between her and the rest of her family. Thank you, I look forward to reading more of your outstanding writing and hopefully we can get more of your stories as soon as your muse allow.
Neihaera chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
... This doesn't really resolve anything, or change my own opinion of Petunia and Vernon. Dudley gained some respect when he stepped up and admitted some concern for his cousin when they finally parted, but the adult Dursley's have only my scorn.

Nonetheless, this has to be the best expository piece I've ever read. I still don't have much use for either Petunia or Vernon, but he's not much worse than one can expect given the situation, and she built her own Purgatory brick by brick.
Samwise Pevensie chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Really enjoyed this.
I have only come across one other story with Petunia having magic... we discover that her wand is the stick on an old plant from her sister.
J Rowling said in an interview that one character would develop magic later in life, and we all assumed it to be petunia (or Dudley). But after Book 7 an interviewer asked Rowling about it and she said she didn't remember saying it.
PSay chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This is really sad. So Petunia was also a witch and never acknoledged it. What a waste of a life and the cruel things she did to her sister and his son. Very well written. thanks for writing. pms
81507801 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Wait...Petunia was a witch?
AJ-Evans chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I really like this. I've never seen this take on Petunia before. I like that she had magic. That's really awesome, Cheers,
Big Blue Wolf chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This was really sweet. . . and I liked the twist with the rolling pin.
Autumn's Effervescence chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Loved this. Details were nice and unobstrusive, character development was very believable and very credible, and the plot? Superb. :D

It was a really nice story. Ending confused me just a bit as to the 'how,' but the story was very believable and the words just flowed, really. Very well done. Very majestic. :D Ah, I just loved it, really.

~A.E.~