Reviews for Petuna's Birthday
Autumn's Effervescence chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Loved this. Details were nice and unobstrusive, character development was very believable and very credible, and the plot? Superb. :D

It was a really nice story. Ending confused me just a bit as to the 'how,' but the story was very believable and the words just flowed, really. Very well done. Very majestic. :D Ah, I just loved it, really.

~A.E.~
Esreque chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
AW! THAT WAS SO CUTE~! I think that this is the only story that I have ever, truely, liked Petunia!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Superb!
TheSlytherinNation chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Once again a beautiful story, i teared up at the end. please continue to write for the rest of ur adoring fans and i kinda think i can understand petunias point of view (i have a perfect older sister aswell, although we get along fine)and how hard it must have been to grow up thinking ur parents loved ur sister more. I senserely hope u write more as u have a real talent for capturing real peoples feallings and emotions not just all mary-sue and gary-stue poop (think of a synonym for that word, lol).
piltad chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Great story had a nice little spin off there. Not a fan of One shots and really only reason read it was to address your profile... I agree one hundred and ten percent with you on Book 7 I have never read something so bad in my life in my eyes completely ruined the HP universe JK created... Didn't have to many problems with Book 6 because I finally got to see Ginny and Harry together and rub it in all the H/Hr shippers out there lol... But good little story there and don't see to many people that write so literally about Book 7 specially good points you brought up actually first time I enjoyed reading a bio... AND I am so with you on WoW such a pain to my life. That and Fan Fics.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Wow! That was a wonderful one shot. You have real talent hon. Thanks for sharing!
mommyflaw chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Oh my goodness. The end wasn't what I expected at all. It turned me for such a loop I had to re-read to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

How like Harry though to send her a gift like that. Poor boy. Beautiful story though, and I loved how Petunia changed in the end, at least a bit. Seeing it through her eyes makes me hate her a wee bit less.
PD1234567 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Sweet one-shot

Keep Writing

Princess Ducky
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Nice and thanks for writing a cool idea.
Vandy chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
I’m writing this too you through this story (which I haven't read) because I find no way to write to you through your profile page. It is regarding the statement you made about the horcuxes and Hallows not being introduced at the right time, however I believe you made some errors in your idea about what she did.

The reason the horcrux and hallows were not delivered earlier is multifaceted. One, one of the main mysteries throughout the book is the reason that Voldemort lived. JKR herself has said "the question isn't why Harry lived, it's why didn't Voldemort die?" The horcrux explain that, eliminating the story then and there. Two, the horcrux is 'Magic Moste Evile' according to the Hogwarts library; therefore it would take an exceptionally idiotic person to begin discussing it with Harry at the age of eleven. Three, Book two wouldn't have unfolded properly, because of the Horcrux. Four, you dislike the departure from a children's book, the introduction of the Horcux would have forced the plot to evolve beyond children’s literature. Five, JKR didn't intend for the last four, certainly not the last three, to be children’s books, what she did was pick a generation and write for them, that generation was tat that Harry closely matched and it would have been impossible to write down the later novels to make them ten year old appropriate, or at least designed for ten year olds. Six, reinforcing the same idea gets old after awhile, as Harry states in book five "I know all this professor" regarding the sacrifice. Seven, it took Harry only a year to find the horcrux; the matter would have been resolved too early.

As for the Hallows. One, the hallows are not believed in by most, therefore it would take awhile to word them into the story regardless. Two, the Hallows would have cluttered up the plots of the others, completely shifting the plot. Three, you say that they are introduced too late, they should have been developed as they went on, the point of them was to be an idea that was for the last book, to show Dumbledore especially, as well as other, in a new light, and it did. Four, the Hallows are an issue that also would have become stagnant after seven books, but certainly not one.

You state that there were plot holes that were gaping. No... there really weren't too many, (cept how she butchered the Trace, that was horrifying) you just assumed things might happen that then didn't. I think of you as a person that anticipated a HHr development (though I acknowledge that you have written an HPGW fic). However, that, to me is the mark of a person that doesn't read the characters as they are written. I think you might find this essay interesting, is discusses how they aren’t suited for each other. You, like my brother, might be interpreting a change in direction (life changes direction) as a plot hole. He expect for her to capitalize on the wandless aspect because of the wandless Lumos in book five, and she obviously didn't. However, that isn't a plot hole, that is simply a tantalizing moment that is meant to intrigue the reader before dismissing it as unimportant, a shrewd move.

I’m out of stuff.

I hope to receive a well argued reply which will leave me grasping at straws. But be warned you will never find me supporting Harry/Hermione

and to the other readers out there, read this story, its FANTASTIC! and be sure to see the others stories that Wheezy has written.
Blackdex chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
hmm, okay. ciao
shiftyless chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Most awesome, zhave 2 say I definately luv the ending where it we find out that Petunia's a witch. Just so awesome cool writing
OrangeR0se chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Very sweet oneshot, especially the ending! I'm adding this to my favs!

One thing though: You spelt Petunia wrong in the title.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Sickening.

One thing JKR got right in Dreadful Hallows was Petunia's reaction to Harry.
sjr1 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
really, really nice story that's even more heartbreaking after reading DH
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »