Reviews for Lightning In A Jar
Keyklee chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I can't tell you how much I enjoy your story, your take on Erik, your new characters and your writing style especially!

I loved this one-shot, it makes one so curious to get to know Erik better and it makes you feel all the more for him.

His servants are wonderful people. Thankyou for publishing!
phantom-jedi1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
The end is so sweet, yet so very sad. Your description of "agonies of the spirit" is a very beautiful and deep one. I shall have to remember it.

Phantom Jedi
Mels4 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Very nice - what a lovely side of Erik. Mels
Kimberley chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Beautiful, just beautiful.
speedy56 chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Lovely story, very bittersweet. I could read many more chapters like this. Cheers! Cathy
Pertie chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
I loved knowing how the Bardou's came to work for De la Shaumette and how Agnes ardou perceived him as a very mysterious secretive man alone in the world.

I like how Erik found his music again too.

The reaction Erik had about Christine losing her infant child was so telling that Erik still felt for his former student. He still has a temper as well!

Erik's excitement over the 'lightning in a jar' as well as his sneaking a finger-full of frosting was terribly child-like and shows that he still has a sense of wonder about the world.

This was a very excellent little vignette.

Thank you for sharing it with us readers.
PhantomKiss chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
What a great filler. I like how you acknowledge that he hasn't truly let go of Christine. She was part of his past and his past has shaped him. This one shot also gives me a deeper perspective of Agnes and Etienne. Its nice to be able to get closer to the characters.

PK
penkitten chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
What an interesting perspective! I love the frosting bit and then end with the orphanage. So sweet!
crystal chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
hey...this was a very interesting story...when i read the usmmery it said "completed"...did that by any chance mean that was all you were wirting? cause if it is...please write more...this really caught me and i found it to be quite brilliant...so please if you can keep writing...
MadLizzy chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
I love your Erik, and I thank you for sharing him with faithful readers such as myself. Like the lady said, I am looking forward to the next part of the story.

ML
HDKingsbury chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
Yay! You posted it!

*HD does her little insane happy dance*

I love your characters, and the way you're able to make them come to life - whether it's Erik, or your original characters. You make me care about them. And those little touches, like Erik checking the icing (yummy!), really add to the overall richness of your stories.

The ending was quite poignant. "He was touching people the only way he knew how." How perceptive Agnes is; she's a real gem. I only hope Erik realizes this and gives the woman a raise!

You know what I think of your stories, and it's so good that you didn't let the lack of mega numbers of reviews deter you. All I can say about that is...they just don't know what they're missing. Their loss, I guess... On the plus side, that means we devoted few can keep Erik and Emily and all their friends to ourselves ;-)

HDKingsbury
andersm chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
I love this story so much, you've done such a terrific job filling in bits and pieces. Looking forward to the next part.