Reviews for And Still She Smiles
Aesthetic Wonderland chapter 8 . 11/6/2007
I really like this, I like how your showing different sides of Starfire and the effects of a one sided love. It's nice getting to know her more deeply, I feel like people tend to see her as just that cheerful, optimistic person she always tends to be and it's nice to think that there is more to her.

My favorite chapter was the first one, I can strongly relate to eating disorders through my own experiances and that of friends, and it was nice reading about her being put in real issues like that.

I love all the chapters though, and hopefully I can read more soon.

And thank you so much for reading my story, it was truly

an honour. I hope you will continue reading my story, it

would mean so much to me.

Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Wow, that was . . really amazing, and I'm not very easily impressed. However, I'll start with the flaws first, just to get them over with.

There were a few grammar mistakes. I'm not going to list them,you should be able to pick them up if you re-read it.

That's it. End of mistake section.

And now for the good parts: The writing itself was just brilliant. The way you captured her struggling to overcome her flaws, how she feels trapped, was just . . . I actually cried. Starfire is such a dep character, even if some people don't recognise it, and this could really happen to her, just as it has happened to thousands of other people. I agree, eating disorders are a real problem, a problem that needs to addressed. I've never actually experienced an eating disorder and neither has anyone I know but hopefully your writng gave me a vague idea.

So, is this your idea of a quick review.

Sory about going on and on.

Your Friendly Little Reviewer.
Valda chapter 8 . 5/29/2007
omg...

I have tears in my eyes, that just hit a little too close to home...:(

But this poem was stunning! It was fantastic, so overpowering and emotional, it kept tying back to the beginning.

You're amazing ani.

Valda chapter 7 . 10/15/2006
WOW! That was SO unbelievably beautiful!

I loved it. The one sidedness of it, it showed the devotion and the work some people have/do for their relationship. I loved it. Seriously.

I'm so glad your back with these little one shots. They're stunning. And so are you! *glomps*

rEd RoSe-StArFiRe-RoSeFiRe chapter 7 . 10/14/2006
plz make more oneshots! XD
avalon-usagi chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
This chapter was particularly great insight into EDs. I used to be a victim of anorexia, but luckily it didn't get as far as Starfire fought before someone stopped me. I really appreciate the sensitivity you put on to the issue, and showing how it feels to be in that situation. I think that these kind of stories are good, because it shows the general public the emotions of this disorder, as well as provides a sort of comfort to those who have battled it. Keep up the awesome work.
avalon-usagi chapter 6 . 7/28/2006
I loved the plot, it was able to express a lot of emotion that would obviously follow such an experience. I also liked the platonic Starfire and Beast Boy relationship, and I would love to read more like that. The only constructive criticism I have is that you should look over your grammar before posting, because there was a lot of missed punctuation. Otherwise, this was a great one-shot to read, and I hope you write more soon!
OneLife-LiveIt chapter 6 . 7/26/2006
That was really amazing, it's not often you see some work about Starfire's unhappy side. And you've managed to do it spectacularly in all of your one-shots here. Plz keep up the godd work and update soon...

Perfect-Witch x
Winter's Ebony chapter 6 . 6/5/2006
Okay, I loved these, espically "Cloud 9" and here is my request:

I would like a Starfire/Robin oneshot of first kisses with flowers. Maybe roses, and Robin explains to her what they symbolize. I dunno?

Much thanks, Winter's Ebony

P.S. Update soon!
Stray Ray of Sunshine chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Great Story. Keep up the good writing.
Thwack chapter 5 . 11/15/2005
Why - oh why - have I not seen this fanfic before?

::grumbles and berates self::

These one-shots are wonderfully well written, and the characters personalities are spot on. Most writers have a lot of trouble getting them right, so you should be proud that you've captured and perfected these traits.

Also, the way you manipulate the words in this story is - ::looks up a synonym for 'wonderful':: - fantastic. Seriously, why you seem to belittle yourself in your profile is beyond me. But...I guess I could also credit it for modesty, which is always prefered over bragging. _

I hope you 'find the right words' for your next chapter and update soon! And, if you want any help (or just to talk or-a blah blah blah) send me an email, okay? It'd be cool to hear from you. ]

Good luck with the writing,

Sympathique
Valda chapter 6 . 11/15/2005
i don care, as long as u update, i rather the darker things u've written thou, lyk perfection, empty and still she smiles (ultimate fav!)

luvz ya

Valda

Farren Monarch chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
Sorry, but I can't say I liked this one, espesially the first short fic. It was well done, yes, but you sorta ruined Starfire's character. I kinda hate to tell you this: but Starfire isn't supposed to be so self-obsessed about her appearance. The whole thing sorta gave me a disgusted and disturbed feeling.
Super Chocolate Bear chapter 6 . 11/14/2005
For the love of God, Starfire in T-car. Starfire in T-car. Starfire in T-car. Incredibly funny. Write!
SexxiNElusive chapter 4 . 11/12/2005